It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Rahma Islamic Centre destroyed in 'racist attack' (London)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

ones a member of the edl and one is a muslim,but i bet the member of the edl has more respect for women

Nope. Both groups are misogynistic.

Like I said, they should love one another since they are so alike.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

The title of the BBC article is...

"Al-Rahma Islamic Centre destroyed in 'hate crime' fire"

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

The title of the BBC article is...

"Al-Rahma Islamic Centre destroyed in 'hate crime' fire"

www.bbc.co.uk...

They must have changed their title then because the one ive used was the same to the article that was up yesterday.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Yup they did change it, I read that yesterday.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I first thought all the conspiracy nuts on this were being mental, then it was revealed that the building was primarily used by Somalians.

Makes me very suspicious that, for once, the EDL might actually be innocent here and the victims of a set up.

Thought Id better make it clear, I don't think the Somalians have burnt down their own building.
edit on 6-6-2013 by bates because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

Tell me why Somalians have anything to do with this subject?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Again, I have asked this in another thread and you chose not to answer it,

I replied to you, I asked you to direct me to the post where you had asked me that because I haven't seen it.
I for one do have quite an extensive life outside of ATS and even though I do try to respond to ALL posts I do miss the occassional one.
Please don't think that I somehow backed down or had no response - even if I thought you were right and I was wrong I would, and have done so in the past, admit that publicly.
I've never backed down from anything or anyone - au contraire - least of all an internet discussion, why would I?

what extremism are you talking about? The last successful terrorist attack on UK soil was EIGHT YEARS AGO.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
www.bbc.co.uk...

In addition since 2005, 8 years ago, there have been at least 7 other known instances where Islamic extremists have been arrested and succesfully prosecuted for terrorist related offences.

So that's at least twelve occurrences since 2005.

Burning a poppy is not extremism.

I guess that depends on your viewpoint - it's certainly not moderate.

Extremism doesn't necessarily equate to being a terrorist.
Extremism does include support of terrorism.
Extremism does include support of the implementation of Sharia.
Extremism does include displaying placards stating 'kill all infidel's' etc.

Having an opinion is not extremism.

Depends on the opinion.
Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion.
If I was to say that all Muslims are evil and they should all be exterminated would you consider that an 'extremist' view?

Wanting Sharia law (however much that might threaten you) is not extremism.

Yes it is in a country where Sharia has no founding.

Just because it is an extreme view does not mean to say that I think they shouldn't be allowed to express it.
I do however find the manner in which some Sharia supporters choose to express their opinion offensive.

Sharia supporters use and exploit our freedoms to work towards implementing Sharia.
If they ever succeed here in the UK, which I very much doubt they will, they would then use Sharia to prohibit those self same freedoms that they used and exploited.

There is a small minority of nutters in the Islamic faith who make some truly ridiculous statements,

If only it was just 'ridiculous statements', but it isn't is it.

things that plenty of other Muslims refuse.

I can agree with that, to a point.

They have also been pretty silent in the last few years too.

Have they?
That might be your perception of things, I have a different one - I doubt we'll find some common ground on this point.

We have locked people up for inciting violence and preaching hatred,

Good.
And we should continue doing so, regardless of race or creed.

and plenty has been done to bring those who do preach such nonsense to justice.

Some things have been done - many believe not enough.

People in the EDL, and those who support their nonsense, keep going on about "all the terrorists" and "all the extremists" in the UK, BUT WHERE ARE THEY?!

Abroad in training camps.
Chopping people up in the middle of London.
Planning more terrorist attacks in secret.
Still preaching in some mosques.

I accept that it is only a minority of Muslims who involve themselves in terrorist or even extremist activities - but to think that there is no threat is quite simply burying one's head in the sand.

Most of this seems to be the far-right believing their own BS.

No doubt there's an element of that.
But I suspect it goes much deeper than that and is by no means as simplistic as that.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It was a Bravenese community centre, have you not even read up/watched anything about this case

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

But anyways, the English forced their culture onto all the places they colonized and raped. Here's the gigantic list

First of all; it's British, not just 'the English'.

Secondly; I think you posted in the wrong thread, shouldn't you be posting your anti-UK bigotry in this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bates

Burn them, burn burn burn....

my point is why burn a Somalian place which is not even a mosque or owt?

Least they could have done is burn a Church,Mosque, temple,synagogue.....the world would be a better place with them all burnt to the freaking ground.
edit on 6-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: Not a joke I wish it would reallt happen as long as no one got hurt

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Least they could have done is burn a Church,Mosque, temple,synagogue.....the world would be a better place with them all burnt to the freaking ground.

Amen to that brother.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Blister

If you support "multiculturalism", then you dear sir, are the racist,

lol? This makes no sense. Multiculturalism has nothing to do with race (even though racists seem to think it does). If you had a white American, white British, white German, living near one another...that would be multiculturalism.

But anyways, the English forced their culture onto all the places they colonized and raped. Here's the gigantic list www.britishempire.co.uk...

At least the immigrants aren't plundering and invading your country by force, killing off the population with diseases and guns. They come there peacefully and just want to live and improve their lives. You would too... but you were born in a country that is STILL befitting from all the raping it did for centuries, so you don't have to deal with those sort of issues. The biggest problem you seem to have is complaining about all the evil immigrants....funny.

edit on 6-6-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Why are you living in a country that was colonised by The British? If you hate the British Empire so much why live in a country that was part of that Empire. Unless you're a Native American Indian (Which i doubt very much)
Those who have profited from British Colonialism ( that's you) and then berate it (that's you) are nothing but hypocrites (that's also you)

Ta Ta

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

oh right, fair enough.

I'd say some Islamic extremists will be able to justify the act (if they did have anything to do with it) because a) They'll say it wasn't a proper mosque and b) Some would view the Somalis as beneath them so it won't 'matter' as much to if they do it to their 'own' community.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

What ever you want to say, defending one's self, one's community, ones culture, and one's liberty against aggressors who attack anonymously and randomly is not only the smart thing, but the right thing.

Only a fool would stand by and wait for someone to attack them when the opportunity presents itself.

I would think that if this community center was being used by radicals to plan attacks, then that would be the place where those who would do such things would attack.

The idea that people attack one side, clinging to the cloak of victimhood, when in fact they are the aggressors, just shows that they can not be trusted.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Islam forced their culture onto all the places they colonized and raped.

Islam would still be openly practicing slavery, if the British hadn't shut down their practices of raiding their neighbor's communities, and taking slaves for what ever brutal purposes they were wanted.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Speaking factual history is anti-UK bigotry now? Nice logic. If you can't handle history being discussed then you're on the wrong forum.

Anti-UK bigotry would be me saying "All BRITISH people are imperialistic scumbags".. or something to that affect. I didn't, I spoke historical fact. Get over it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I don't know why you're saying this to me. I'm not pro-Islam as I don't like religion at all.

And the person I was talking to started going on about how evil multiculturalism is, which means a whole lot more than Islamic immigrants.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Freeborn

Speaking factual history is anti-UK bigotry now? Nice logic. If you can't handle history being discussed then you're on the wrong forum.

You're part of the history of The British Empire, and living in The US you are a product of The British Empire. How hypocritical you are

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

How am I being hypocritical? You clearly didn't get the point I was making. Brits getting all caught up in their emotions without reading.

I don't diss immigrants that come to the US from different countries. If I were, then you could call my a hypocrite.

The US is still benefiting from it's imperialistic tendencies to this day. I have 1rst world problems, I'm not going to hate on people coming here from 3rd world nations, because I'd come here too.

Oh no, I best stop this anti- US bigotry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, factual history.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Just pointing out that your post had little relevance to this thread yet seemed quite suitable for the thread I directed you to.

I am more than capable of distinguishing between historical fact and opinion.
You offered an opinion.
Nothitng wrong with having an opinion, but let's not mistake it with fact.
Discussing 'the evils of The British Empire' here would achieve nothing other than derailing this thread.

There seems to be an abundance of anti-UK bigotry going around at the moment, your post seemed to reflect similar overtones - if none was intended then I apologise.

I've been round here long enough to know what's what.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join