It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Rahma Islamic Centre destroyed in 'racist attack' (London)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

What if muslims were stupid enough to start setting other peoples community centre's on fire as an act of revenge?

And what if war-mongers do it and put the blame on Muslims ?

What if some stupid people accept that and continue this neo-crusade ?

BTW ,That is how bombings work in Iraq. Others do it and blame it on Shia-Sunni conflict.

Only patience and forgiving can end this madness. After that just awareness can help people stand together.

God is the best witness and judge.
edit on 5-6-2013 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Hey, remember when the SAS was busted in Iraq settting out IEDs while dressed as Muslims, to blame the Muslims, and the Brits had to demo the police station they were being held in before the justice system got a hold of them?

ireland redux

and some Brits wonder at the blowback....now thats a LOL

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin and others

Dear OtherSideOfTheCoin,

I completely agree with this:

I don't think we should all be debating the use of the word "racist" on this thread but rather discussing what has happened and why.

As you can tell, our noble posters can't even agree on what has happened. EDL torched a Mosque, it was the governemnt, it was the Muslims in a false flag, and I probably missed some schools of thought.

Muslims have said that their terrorist attacks are justified by Western actions. If this was ths EDL, they can just as easily say their attack was justified by Muslim actions.

It looks like the idea of "justifying" anything is long gone. The Muslims aren't justified, the people who are attacking Muslims aren't justified (under this school of thought), so forget the justification issue. If you're going to fight, just do it. If you don't like fighting any more, stop.

But I don't want to hear (Of course, what I want doesn't matter) "Oh, it's Ok for us to kill, burn, pillage, rape, behead, strike with drones, whatever." The only reason to do those things is to win.

I suspect I'm going to be misunderstood, but the standard response of "But you do it, too," or "But you did it first," is only good for barroom arguments and brawls (and playgrounds).

If, as through all of history, you believe you have a noble and virtuous cause to go to war for, then go to war and win. If not, stop and get away.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

How dare the Western defend themselves against over a thousand years of Islamic aggression.

Just like the rest of the world unlucky enough to encounter Islam.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You obviously havent been following current events......

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The reason they are calling it a "racist attack" can be two-fold...

First would be the varying definitions of racism used...

Racist

Adj.

1. racist - based on racial intolerance; "racist remarks"

2. racist - discriminatory especially on the basis of race or religion

The other could be because of the identification of "Muslim" with "middle eastern persons", someone who hates people of middle eastern appearance and wants to attack them - would probably target a mosque as they feel that's where they congregate.

Caucasian Muslims say they don't experience as much prejudice as those of middle eastern descent, so there is a general feeling that racial discrimination contributes partly to islamaphobia.

edit on 5/6/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

How dare the Western defend themselves against over a thousand years of Islamic aggression.

So you support 9/11 then too? Shouldn't Muslims also have the right to "defend themselves against aggression" by US imperialism in the middle east.

Or is it only OK when white Christians attack?

Violence like this is bad regardless of who does it.

Juts cuz its "your side" doesn't make it right.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

I'm not entirely sure that the particular definition you cite is very helpful. It would seem to lead to the conclusion that those who criticize the Pope are racist. Oh, just hit me. The Queen is the head of the Church of England. That must mean that those who criticize her are racist.

Same thing with criticism of Jerry Falwell, Westboro Baptist Church, Romney and Glen Beck (Mormons). How about criticism of the Jews?

I think we'd better stick to a more traditional definition in order to make discussion more intelligible.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I agree, but just gave it as one of the reasons why they might of called this a "racist attack"

I hear this definition quite a bit now. But I don't think it's the most likely reason for them calling it racist, just one possibility.

The article more accurately calls it a hate crime, in fact the BBC doesn't even mention the word racist so I'm thinking the OP is making it up.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Just like the rest of the world unlucky enough to encounter Islam.

Defend themselves? By burning down a community centre at 3am in the morning? are you serious?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I just want to clear up the "this is not a racist attack" thing.

Its not racism because islam is not a race? That statement is true.
Though if you had actually bothered to read the article you would see that the building that was raised to the ground was a community centre - They've reported that no prayers or religious ceremonies occur there.

BUT, it being a community centre, it is run and used mainly somalians who identify as muslim (Somalisn muslims) And im going to bet that the two people who decided this was a perfect target thought "Hey, alot of muslims use this building, lets burn it down"

It was a somalian muslim who killed lee rigby. How any of you actually have the bollocks to say "this is not a racist attack" are just being plainly arrogant. You just dont burn buildings down randomly, there is always a reason for arson, i wish posters would stop playing dumb.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Arrogance,
how anyone like you has the cheek to make lies up, that it was a racist attack is beyond me.

The Lee Rigby murderer had , had a white best friend for years who was also a soldier.
He wasnt racist. He was illustrating a point from a radical muslim view.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

Arrogance,
how anyone like you has the cheek to make lies up, that it was a racist attack is beyond me.

So you're telling me deliberately targetting a community centre that is used by somalians (I.E NON WHITE PEOPLE) cant be classed as a racist attack?

The Lee Rigby murderer had , had a white best friend for years who was also a soldier.
He wasnt racist. He was illustrating a point from a radical muslim view.

I dont think the two people to burned that building down took that into consideration. Islam isnt a race, but what do you honestly expect the police to say when a building that is specifically used by non white people gets burnt to the ground? Its coincidental arson!? It is pathetic to try and claim there was no racist motivation behind this.

And what was the point anyway!? What exactly were they looking to achieve?

(I have to go out and im already late!)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

No, because it could have been any mosque. The EDL hate Islam they dont hide that in any way.

The EDL were making a point after the beheading " If you mess with us, we will mess with you"

Very simply. Do some research they have openly hated Islam for years. And a series of incidents in London have accured. Nothing to do with race targetting.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Infact I believe the EDL have black and asian members also. And on their protests there have been people of other ethnicities joining them. So its definately not racial attacks... its more an attack on anothers ideology. Also they are not wanting to kill or hurt people, they are just targetting the buildings knowing it will make the headlines.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A more famous black member of the EDL on the link above.
edit on 6-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You have hit the nail on the head, I am not British and do not live in Britain, my feelings on organisations such as the EDL are not relevent to this discussion but when I heard this "story" on Sky yesterday as soon as they said EDL had been "daubed", their words, on the wall of this Islamic Centre I had to wonder why on earth people belonging to the EDL would sign their handiwork! Sounds like a smear campaign to me!
edit on 6/6/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/6/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
BNP and EDL are quite similar both are more anti-immigration and anti other religions taking over.

Thats basically it. Hence the reason they will have blacks and asians, and people of other ethnicities joining them.

In other words they just want to keep Britain British. They dont mind who joins them.

Years ago I knew a black guy who joined such a group. And they didnt treat him any differently. But he had to wear a T-shirt and shave his hair off and so on. He had to be one of them. They never targetted anyone because of their race, but they hated other religions.

This video shows the other ethnic members www.youtube.com... For those who dont believe it.

They have said it wasnt them who did the attack and that it was a slur campagne against them, anyways.
edit on 6-6-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

im really over the pandering done in regards to islam , if you don't like where you live leave its pretty simple equation leave , go back to your ghettos and dictators you sad bunch of whingers the world owes you nothing

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by babalon1971

I'm not sure burning an Islamic center really constitutes "pandering to Islam".

Not much pandering happening at all, except maybe to the bigots.

edit on 6/6/13 by polarwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
remember when the SAS was busted in Iraq settting out IEDs while dressed as Muslims, to blame the Muslims, and the Brits had to demo the police station they were being held in before the justice system got a hold of them?

Ok I know this is off-topic, but what you have just said is factually incorrect.

it was two members form SRR who were caught who usually work undercover they were conducting reconnaissance on a group of corrupt police official's who were torturing prisoners. At some point during this operation the two guys where compromised and got into a shoot out, out numbered then ended up in the hands of the very same guys they were conducting reconnaissance on. These corrupt police officers beat them a little and showed their pictures making all kinds of wild claims. Eventually intelligence suggested that their captors were going to hand them over to Iraqi militants so the British stormed the prison with tanks to free their solders.

and about 6 months later the British returned and destroyed the whole building.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join