It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas Tea Party Leader: "GOP doesn't want Black people to vote."

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

This is what the GOP has appealed to for the past 50 years...They have reached a tipping point and need to exorcise what remains of the racists among them. That means they can no longer pander via coded policy and rhetoric. This isn't idealogical anymore, it is strategic...if they don't change they will not win again. Voter suppression is a failed strategy.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by beezzer

Where a progressive liberal said something stupid. The left-leaning folks here went to great pains to point out that not all progressive-leftists felt that way.

Right...notice the difference? Almost everyone "left-leaning" on that thread said...wow...that guy said something unacceptable...that was out-of-line...etc.

Whilst the "right-leaning" folks on this thread defend the remarks to no end.

The bottom line is that the electoral map places a reasonable portion of the Conservative Party in the rural south, where remnants of racism persist...remnants left over from when those states were "blue"...pre-civil rights.

The Conservative party has two options...

(a) Pander to those pockets of intolerance...Deny and defend when crap like this comes to the surface in a steady drip.

(b) Or confront them in an effort to get more minorities on board to an otherwise reasonable political platform (hoping they will also oust the christian right influence as well)..

Thus far they have pandered to those pockets....Kenyan = N-Word in modern times.

It's not working.

Drip...Drip...Drip....Racist BS as the growing demographics crush the Grand Ole Party...

Racist Emails About Michelle Obama Lead To Calls For Virginia School Board Members To Resign

Board of Supervisors member Byron Bailey and county School Board member Herbert DeGroft forwarded the controversial emails but didn't create them.

One email claimed National Geographic offered the first lady $50 to pose nude, while the other displayed a photograph of topless women in tribal garb, with a caption saying it was the first lady's "high school reunion," The Associated Press reported.

Now...Conservatives can dismiss, deny, ignore this story...this week, but what about next week, and the week after?...drip, drip drip...

We need the GOP...the sane GOP of old...PLEASE change before they bleed out.

You put that beautifully.

I just want to re-affirm what you said there, notice the 2nd reply in this thread is someone digging and finding an article from someone from the "left" saying something almost the same regarding White people.

So instead of decrying these remarks from the Tea Party leader, these people dig articles to JUSTIFY them.
edit on 6/7/2013 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

There is nothing to justify.....it is statistically proven that the African American community votes Democrat. So yes, a conservative wouldn't mind if less people in a voting block turned up.

It is you that are trying to slant it to a "ITS RACIST" propaganda event.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

If set up properly it would classify the unemployed and poor as second class citizens legally forbidden from voting. And I thought the guy ranting about Black people voting was out of line! Lose your job? Lose your home? Finding it hard to feed your family? You can't vote! Nothing personal...but it scares me a little that there are folks like yourself out there.

i've seen "handouts" change elections in the union i was a part of, and i can't help but think the same applies to presidential elections. most people will take temporary gains over sound long term policies, that's all i'm saying.

perhaps your right and it isn't a good solution. i suppose the only thing i'd classify as a "good solution" would be every american paying more attention to keeping their freedoms and making sensible decisions (and i am aware that this may sound hypocritical given my earlier post, but i'm very pro personal rights).

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Can you point out where I defended the guy who said the remarks?

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

i've seen "handouts" change elections in the union i was a part of, and i can't help but think the same applies to presidential elections. most people will take temporary gains over sound long term policies, that's all i'm saying.

perhaps your right and it isn't a good solution. i suppose the only thing i'd classify as a "good solution" would be every american paying more attention to keeping their freedoms and making sensible decisions (and i am aware that this may sound hypocritical given my earlier post, but i'm very pro personal rights).

How about instead we disenfranchise Unions + Corporations collective funding of political campaigns? AKA overturn Citizens United. Unions and Stock Holders still participate and vote, but they have an individual choice as to who thier money supports or doesn't support and vote as they like.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Indigo5

Can you point out where I defended the guy who said the remarks?

You pulled out the big brush in citing "left leaning" et al. ... I did the same, not singling you out.

As for you personally...In not condemning the remarks but rather directing attention to percieved foul remarks be those on the left, you engaged in the "false equivalency" defense.

The appropriate response is to condemn BS or Racism where ever it presents itself regardless or party...

The ...but...but...billy did it too defense...is for children not adults.

That is why on the other thread you cited, you found me condemning the remarks.

You didn't condemn, just point to someone else.

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What's real, what's implied by conservatives means absolutely nothing except in the eyes of minority voters.
Conservatives can complain all they want about playing the "race card" but they are the one's actively using race as a means to attract white Christian conservatives and it's working very well.... "fear the black man" rhetoric is common even here at ATS.

And as an ex Republican who worked on the local steering committees; I think I can safely state that, at least in my old district, racism against black people and Hispanics was alive and well.

Do you honestly think that minorities are going to believe that the GOP isn't racist to it's core after all the things they have done to keep the minority voting block away from the polls and keep poor people poor by holding the min. wage down. The Republican's "Southern Strategy" simply will not work except in already racists areas.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.lipstickalley.com...

Times have drastically changed and without the minority and women's vote the GOP is essentially obsolete. They have no one to blame but themselves.

The GOP could try and attract minorities but the minorities are now aware of their lies. The GOP needs to fundamentally change their position on race if the want to be relevant in the American political process.
Look at Republican conventions....white as rice....except for the very few minorities that they continue to spotlight in the lame attempt at trying to convey themselves as a "big tent" party; It is so contrived and obvious that it's almost comedic. Only a moron would think this a viable approach to attracting minority voters.

racerelations.about.com...
edit on 10-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join