It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Vision: What does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I've had this vision many times. It is always the same. I am driving north towards my neighborhood on a 4 lane road. This isn't a 4 lane divided highway but rather a 4 lane road through an old part of town. All buildings and houses are very close to the street. It is about 10pm to 11pm at night. It is dark and the roads are empty. I am driving and my wife is sitting next to me. We are going about 30mph in a 40mph zone. We come through an intersection. This is where the vision is very clear. The stop lights are blowing very hard to the right (east). The snow is coming down very heavy. Visibility is poor. I have to grip the wheel firmly. I'm looking out the front windshield and notice how much the trees are sagging under the weight of the snow. All the landscape still full of leaves. I have this sick feeling in my stomach. I say to my wife "This is amazing. I still can't believe this is happening in August." I can feel the cold and the anxiety. I can still feel that uneasyness as I realize that all the corn in the state is going to die and what a big impact that will have on food supplies.

And that is where it ends. It is the same every time. Same time of day. Same location. Everything.

What are your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a foreboding premonition of what lies ahead. It is totally in sync with the weather changes and predictions of food shortages etc.
Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Hi there!
First of all I could say that I would not be so sure that premonition are really real. It happen to me to see an event and have the feeling that it happened before but this does not mean that it really happened before nor does it mean that I had a premonition. Depending on the external factors the organism may be influenced and you MAY have the feeling that the "thing" happened before.

However if we are to make hypothesis I would say that given quantum mechanics no object is localized. At least for microscopic particles this works very fine... you can't determine position and momentum with highest precision; if you determine the position very well then you get a big uncertainty in the momentum and viceversa. Of course there is a LONG road from microscopic particles to macroscopic particles (human person size). But if we admit that this could happen for macroscopic sizes then you have the situation where a person becomes de-localized. It does not have a specified momentum/position. Don't forget that microscopic particles seem to choose a "trajectory" from multiple choices available. The same way a human person may choose "the trajectory" from many choices available. This is true for microscopic particles, but would this be true for humans/animals/macroscopic (big) objects? Answer: I have no idea.

In physics there is a property called action. Theoretical mechanics says that a particles chooses to minimize the value for action. In other words if you throw a rock then the rock would choose the trajectory that minimizes the action. (in particular the trajectory is parabolic in earth's gravitational field). How does the particle minimize the action? The particle has many choices available.. how does it know which one minimizes the action? Richard P Feynman (a famous physicist) asked himself these questions and for a long time he could not accept theoretical mechanics. Even today there is not an understanding of how this happens. But if you assume this happens then writing down the action and minimizing it, allows one to compute properties for many mechanical systems that can be verified with experiments. So it works... how does it work? no one knows

Soyuz

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
How much of that is your post and how much is your siggy? lol. I mean my head is spinning if I am supposed to believe all of it was your response.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
when I say minimize I am actually saying "to make it stationary". Sorry for confusions that I may have created.

The fact is that for light, making the action stationary means to minimize the time that it takes for a ray of light to get from A to B. This way this "law" of making the action stationary implies that the time it takes for light to travel between two points should be minimum and this way the path should be a straight line. Given flat space-time... is the light travelling in straight line? Yes, it certainly is !

Soyuz

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
what does "siggy" mean?
My native language is not english so I do not know all the english words.

Yes, that is my response and assuming quantum applies to macroscopic bodies (there is a long discussion here) then you get those types of effects. If siggy means that I invented those... I am sorry but I would have Nobel if I discovered one thing from the post... Those are basic information that anyone would get from a college physics course. Einstein, Heisenberg, Feynman etc.. were the ones that discovered those things
I am just studying them trying to understand as much as possible
after all those are the laws of our Universe!

Soyuz

[Edited on 7-11-2004 by soyuz]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I'm trying to figure out how 2/3rds of your reply applies to my original post. I'm feeling a bit lost. lol

:bnghd:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
ah my fault:

premonition means to have a feeling before things happens.

Quantum mechanics says that a particle chooses between different histories. For example a particle may choose trajectory 1, 2, 3,.... infinity. So the particle chooses from an infinity of possibilities. when you measure the position and momentum, quantum mechanics says that the wave associated with the particle collapses and actually you get to measure a set of position/momentum. (one from the 1,2,3,... infinity).

Also classical mechanics says that the particle chooses the trajectory which makes the action stationary.

All these put together gives an idea that things aren't set up before you measure them. They HAPPEN when you MEASURE them. Is there a possibility to find out what happens, BEFORE you measure them? This is the question and finding out what happens before you actually measure them would mean that you had a premonition.

One thing postulated in physics are tahions that travels with speeds higher than speed of light. One may postulate that objects emits tahions and because they travel with speeds higher than speed of light then they travel in past. (according with einstein;s relativity). So if you detect these tahions (somehow; I don;t know how!) you may be able to make a premonition and find out the things BEFORE they happen
maintaining the quantum mechanics valid

Soyuz

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
So if I understand what you are saying... which I probably don't.... I have no idea what my vision means. Is it really a vision or just a dream based on input from my environment.

Will the bottom of my beer be bitter?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I would say that it is mostly a dream based on input from the environment.
It is the same like, if you suffer a trauma many years after that you get worse dreams and usually dreams are associated with that trauma and thought to be generated by that trauma. Don't forget that your brain works with chemistry (ions of potassium, magnesium) that generates currents and makes the signals to travel (actually there is a lot of electricity going on in brain). Some input signals may generate some strange effects.

I remember about experiments made in Russia where under high magnetic fields people started to have halucinations. What really happened is that ions started to move in strange ways (because of the magnetic field) and this generated those halucinations. The ionic currents in the brain were perturbed by the magnetic fields.

I would say that generally there are no premonitions but dreams generated by input from the environment. At the same time I wanted to be neutral and to show that physics actually would have a way to explain premonitions... given that one puts the puzzle together involving the quantum mechanics and all the other "minor" details".

Soyuz

[Edited on 7-11-2004 by soyuz]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The only thing that had me concerned was that this dream or vision or whatever it was turned out the exact same way each time. I've had dreams before and they can get pretty wild. But nothing like this. It is very possible and perhaps likely that it is just a dream. Just seems weird how it never changes. Not a single detail.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
it may well be an idea that it does not change... there may be some small elements that change but theoretically under the same inputs you should get the same outputs.

Most probably stress, being tired generated the dream. Get more sleep and less coffee.

Soyuz

new topics

top topics

join