It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think you can teach an idiot?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hello ATS this is my first thread, and it's not what I wanted my first one to be.

I use a galaxy s2 I want to post somethings to a thread, but I can't figure it out.I've used that samurai are whatever it's called, and only come up with something saying "how do I tell if my phone is tapped" I used every form of "how to make a thread using a phone" I could think of.

I can't say you'll be able to help me, I'm an idiot when it comes to all things technology, but you never know.

So how about it ATS can y'all help out the local idiot?

ETA: I've caused confusion sorry, as you can see I can make a thread, but I can't upload links, and pictures things like that.

Said, I was an idiot.
edit on 5-6-2013 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Welcome to the circus.
Im an Illiteate computer user so i canot be of help.
Just sayin hi
and good luck with that....cheers ......s

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Lol..well thanks, but hey I got a flag now that's something, right?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Well, I'm confused. You just made this thread.

Your S2 runs ICS, so go to the Playstore, and get a decent browser like Dolphin, or Opera. The stock browser leaves much to be desired.

Then, to make a thread, click on the title of the forum you want to have your thread in. At the upper left is a button that says New Thread. Click that, enter your information, and hit submit. Voila.

However, I personally don't like making threads from mobile, as the keyboard is too small, but that's just me.

Feel free to ask anymore questions, and I'll be glad to follow up on them.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
You basically do the same thing you do on a computer, except you translate all the computer controls into phone controls (specific to your galaxy deal) and you're good to go. Unless you haveno ia how you made this thread. Then you should do a ATS search. If you can't do that, then stick to texting and calling.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Sorry for the confusion I can post, and write a thread, but I can't figure out how to upload links, and things like that.

What should I do there?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Hi, Ive never used a phone to post ...but on my computer I see a few commands above the post or reply text box.

[bold] [italic] [under] [center] [LINK] [IMAGE] [EX-TEXT] news Quote list VID:YOUTUBE VID:GOOGLE

You click on the one you want ( I put the ones you want in caps) then you may have to allow scrips to run depending on your security settings, fill in the promps with copy and paste links and your good to go.

Check the ATS FAQ's or help section for a better description.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchmanstan

Thanks for the help, but I'm thinking I'm just going to sick to posts.

No sense making threads if I can't link my info.

For what it's worth the FBI put out their 2012 crime statistics everything has gone down about .3%, but assaults, and murder have gone up, and in cities with a population of 500,000 or more murder has gone up 12.5%
I thought people might be interested in that with the economy, and stress being bad right now.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What lunchman says. The buttons you use for links, images, and/or videos are directly above any text box.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Like Mario would say. "It's a simple !"

Practice !

It seems you are learning pretty fast, for most idiots I know.

ps

That was a compliment.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Like Mario would say. "It's a simple !"

Practice !

It seems you are learning pretty fast, for most idiots I know.

ps

That was a compliment.

Lol, I'll take it.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
when you create a topic, quote, reply or whatever you will see up towards the top little blue links to insert links youtube video links etc. Sometimes it can be tricky as say you click on youtube and the box will open asking you for the url to embed in your post. Lets say you want to embed a video http: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwYatpwrs8s you don't enter in the entire url you only need the video code after the = sign. So all you need is dwYatpwrs8s. That link is to man of steel movie preview
The space between http: // I put a space so it wouldn't actually link the url, so instead I can show you what to look for in embedding a youtube video url.

top topics

join