It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10 Year Old With Firearm Saves Family From Armed Intruders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I learned respect for a shotgun when I was 5. Wouldn't leave my Dad alone till he let me fire it. He grabbed it from me right before I hit the ground. An educational experience that stayed with me over the last 40 yrs. An amazing thing. 1 little tool that turns a 10 yr old boy into the equal match of the most blood thirsty of criminals. Amazing to see this story on a MSM site. Seems the gov agenda is no longer a priority for the media since the search warrants went out.
I have to say this. You have those against guns. They will call someone with a gun for help if the situation is dire. Why not skip the middle as well as chancing an introduction to a tazer and a stay in jail for calling those sworn to serve and protect when you can just as easily educate yourself on the key item present in all these types of stories? I trust myself waving a gun around more than I do a stranger despite the clothes or uniform they wear. They are people no different than anyone on the street with exception to the gun and shield they bear. God Bless.
Yahoo!

edit on 5-6-2013 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
It's still sad that children have to live dramatic experiences like this!
And it seems we hear more and more history where children experience traumatic situations!
Where is the peace?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliana

Sad maybe, but that boy will never have a confidence issue again. He is a hero and he knows it. And he knows why. we could be reading on a future NRA president.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I totally agree with you on that GoldenRuled

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I wonder what would happen differently if he called the police and waited for them? Unless there was a squad car in the area it could have taken at least 10 minutes before the boy received help. Even then, who knows. This is a good thing (sort of, bad thing there was a robbery in the first place), the more people that can learn to protect themselves and not rely on the Police FORCE can help us all in the future.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliana

The world is only perfect in your dreams.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Am I the only one finding some really fishy details about this story?

1) Why the hell would two teenage girls open the door for two men in disguise?
2) Who would try and rob a house knowingly, when people were home, and do so by ringing the doorbell?
3) Why would they be armed? (house robbers typically are not, as it would add to the sentence, and the goal is to not be encountered)
4) Why head directly upstairs?

EDIT: Other sources add more detail.

The men were "disguised" as delivery men with a package. Still seems kind of fishy.

edit on 5-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

The owner's 10-year-old son grabbed the gun and fired a shot into the wall.

I hope the guy's lawyer that fired an assault style rifle at the felon breaking in can use this in his defense if the kid isnt charged

Homeowner Arrested For Firing Warning Shot At Home Intruder

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Didn't expect to see a story like this under chit chat. Are we taking up the prior positioning of the MSM now?

new topics

top topics

join