It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it actually mean to be pro-life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Galvatron

By removing a demonstrated threat to the survival of the tribe, I do mean kill.

Raping murderers are a threat and the burden of their lifelong care is unjust punishment to the tribe.

If someone chooses to threaten me or my family's life or steal my property, they have made the choice to risk death for their effort. Its their call, not mine. I will shoot.

Humans in the early stages of Life, are human, are alive are innocent and are killed by abortion.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
By removing a demonstrated threat to the survival of the tribe, I do mean kill.
Humans in the early stages of Life, are human, are alive are innocent and are killed by abortion.

There are many threats to women during pregnancy and childbirth. A few are hemorrhaging, blood clots, pre-eclampsia and anemia, among others. I wouldn't be here if I had been forced to continue my pregnancy, in fact. Yes, the developing fetus is innocent, but the threat is there, nonetheless.

I guess the government should decide whether or not I take that risk?
edit on 6/5/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I guess the government should decide whether or not I take that risk?

Are you saying that you support a law banning abortion for cases that do not threaten a woman's life?

I wonder how many fewer abortions per year would be the result?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
These thread always branched out...

It will start out with Abortion > Women's rights > Men's rights.... locked.

My opinion would be 6th week, when spinal column attaches to the brain. That would be a human for me.

I don't really care about the morning pill really...but once fetus started forming.. it would be hard to decide... i hope it will be.. it should not be a walk in the park.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWrightWing
Are you saying that you support a law banning abortion for cases that do not threaten a woman's life?

Not at all. I don't support government intervention at all. I don't know where you got that idea. I'm saying that pregnancy and childbirth are risky and can be life threatening to women. Shouldn't they decide whether or not they want to take the chance of going through with a pregnancy and childbirth?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm glad you brought that up, and that's my point entirely. Even if you made abortion for the sake of expediency completely illegal, one would still have to make an exception when the fetus poses an immediate and fatal threat to the mother. So no matter what, society, and therefore the state, would sanction murder given that certain criteria are met, much like the death penalty or castle doctrine. What constitutes that criteria is up for society to decide, which is what law is.

If one were so anti-abortion as to suggest that the fetus or cell cluster or whatever you want to call it has privilege over the mother when it comes to life or death due to its perceived innocence, then that's just being impractical. Infanticide is not only extremely common in the natural world today, but throughout the fossil record. That includes humans, too. Sometimes for the greater good of society, it's best not to have a child, as much as one would like to or is in the process of having. Lest the burden of lifelong care be an unjust punishment for the tribe.

edit on 5-6-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by benrl

I agree with what you're saying. And there is a waiting list of couples ready to adopt.

I'm pretty sure that waiting list is to adopt babies. Not children in need of homes. Children who have disabilities, histories of abuse and other disadvantages need not apply, save to the select amazing few with hearts like the sky.

Most people who want to adopt have a vision of bringing home a baby, just like they would were it their own. These are the people who say they love children. They're hilariously heartbreaking.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
If you just close your mouth and hold your nose you will know what it means to be pro-life. However if someone were to do that to someone else that would negate any rights they believed to possess depending on the circumstances that we are willing to accept.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I have never met a pro-lifer who was against the death penalty. Apparently 'pro-life' means 'saving babies while killing people I don't like.'

I don't know how they convince themselves that this makes sense.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron
Even if you made abortion for the sake of expediency completely illegal, one would still have to make an exception when the fetus poses an immediate and fatal threat to the mother.

True. But I'm not just talking about "immediate and fatal" threats... I'm talking about the woman's choice to undergo a pregnancy at any time. A woman who gets pregnant IS AT RISK of several conditions that could threaten her life and/or the baby's. Pregnancy and childbirth are risky propositions.

For example, let's take sky diving. There are certain risks inherent in the sport. If I get up into the airplane and decide I don't want to go through with it, even though I've not yet experienced the dangers, I should still have the choice of whether or not to go through with it.

Any woman who is pregnant should have the choice, even if she hasn't actually experienced any of the dangers.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
"Pro Life" has nothing to do with "Philosophy".

What "they" (in this case, Big Business) wants is an ever increasing supply of consumers and cannon fodder.

It's all about the exploitation of the Proletariat. Create more consumers. As well as parents who are thus locked into working for "the system" to support the kids - thus, "they" make money off the worker's back.

This is why the Pro Life, Pro Biz Conservatives are against - Gays, abortion, birth control, education, science, Environmentalism, Feminism, and Self Determinism. These things lead people to produce less consumers.

Everything else you hear surrounding theses issues is the emotionally charged rhetoric used to sell you their plans. Which are - create more consumers.

They do not care about 'life'. They care about PROFIT only.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Oh I agree with you. Sorry if I was unclear. I was agreeing with your post, then trying to prove my point to other posters using your post.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yes, I know.
I was just adding another point.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

There's a lot of pro-lifers who believe in the death penalty and are pro war. They're also gun rights advocates. To me, pro-life means just that. You're against anything that would take a human life including wars and the death penalty. They should be just as vocal against wars as they are about abortion.

You can also look at arming yourself with a gun which is used to take a life, goes against the idea of being pro-life. Being against everyone having access to healthcare, is also denying people a chance to prolong or preserve their life.

I see a lot of hypocrisy in the Pro-Life movement.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

No one is anti-life.
"Pro-life" is a politically correct term for anti-choice.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
A child is a child regardless if its in the womb or not.

Once the seed hits the egg it is a human and goddamn you for taking its life.

Sorry....I get emotional on this topic.

Considering the spontaneous miscarriage rate, 'god' ends more pregnancies than humans do.

Of course you could say that 'those embryos were defective' but where's your god then?

And how many prolifers have contributed money or time to an orphanage? Adopted a parentless child? Refused to take part in any war (aka killing spree masquerading as patriotism) unless it could be proven to be a necessary one, legally entered into by congressional decree or whatever is required by law in your country? Questioned a leader who says war is necessary when there's much evidence to the contrary? Demanded the impeachment or indictment and trial of a leader who lied to start a war, thus leading to the deaths of thousands or millions?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I seriously think you look at this as if a soul is not a part of the equation.

Looking at this from an animal perspective will not do, we are not like any other creature.

I find it funny that instead of dealing with the causes of most abortions, which are usually drunk inebriated people having sex, that are in relationships and they figure beer money is more important...

We would rather protect the rights of the most stupid people who get the most abortions, why not protect us all from this lunacy.

I have seen this personally in the town I live, women who are unstable and like to party way to much on there 8th abortion, finally doc says no more you cannot...Oh, they say, I guess I will just have to have this one.

This should not be handled in the manner in which you are defending, like it is some public funded necessary service for people who do not even care either way.

Talking with doctors, they find that most people are lying as to the reasons they want the procedure, often they even talk them out of it.

But all too many cities, instead of helping these people, because of this belief that, OMG a child OH NO!!, WE NEED THIS ABORTION..... it just becomes like getting a mole removed, no more important.

People treat the dogs they have far better than the embryos they abort... and that is downright scary.

Where is the consequence in life if this procedure is so dam available ? Where the responsibility?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

I seriously think you look at this as if a soul is not a part of the equation. Looking at this from an animal perspective will not do, we are not like any other creature.

ParasuvO,

I'm curious. Do you think that God creates a new soul for every fertilized egg? When do you think the soul enters?

We would rather protect the rights of the most stupid people who get the most abortions, why not protect us all from this lunacy.

Did you know that over 50% of all abortions are because of birth control failure or misuse?

I have seen this personally in the town I live, women who are unstable and like to party way to much on there 8th abortion, finally doc says no more you cannot...Oh, they say, I guess I will just have to have this one.

I've never heard of this "eight is enough" rule.

Talking with doctors, they find that most people are lying as to the reasons they want the procedure, often they even talk them out of it.

Does this have to do with the philosophy of "legitimate rape"? Why would a woman lie to her doctor about how they got pregnant and why they want to terminate it. I wouldn't trust a doctor that lightly spoke about my health care choices with unaffiliated lay persons.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I just figure we've layed down so many lives in war at least human life should have some value here but I guess it counts on timing but it still feels bad to be the one that makes it happen.No one gets to forget them. If you do there may be issues in your future.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It usually means they support war and the death penalty.

I swear I'm the only real pro-life person on this planet. I'm against abortion, war and the death penalty. There's no justification for the death penalty. Lock em up for life if they're a problem.

#in hypocrites.

It's also hilarious how many people who are anti-abortion, are against wideespread use of birth control as well. I mean ffs can people think at all?

Even in the case of rape....there's this thing called the morning after pill.

Why can't you dumbasses learn how to to kill?

Spit on every soldier's boots you see.

edit on 6-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join