It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Mosque Fire: Police Investigate Cause

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

London Mosque Fire: Police Investigate Cause

news.sky.com

The letters 'EDL' - the initials of the English Defence League - have been found scrawled on an Islamic community centre which was destroyed in a suspicious fire in north London.

Counter-terrorism officers with the Metropolitan Police have been drafted in to investigate the blaze in Muswell Hill, amid fears it may have been started deliberately in a racially-motivated attack.

Most of the roof of the two-storey Bravanese Centre in Coppetts Road, which was being used as a mosque, collapsed in the fire.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The UK cops are about to hold a news conference concerning this fire.
London Mayor Boris Johnson has condemed the attack as "cowardly and pointless."

The cops are saying its too early to say what is the cause of the fire or who may have lit the fire.

Sky news reporter just said that a local resident said there was no "EDL" graffiti on the mosque prior to the fire.

The pictures show the mosque has been totally burned out by the fire,but fortunatley no one was killed in the blaze,although one person was treated for shock.

I hope this does not lead to more unrest in London.

The cop on Sky news has just said that the building is NOT a mosque,but a Somalian cultural center-however there seems to be some confusion on that point.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

The cop on Sky news has just said that the building is NOT a mosque,but a Somalian cultural center-however there seems to be some confusion on that point.

Yeah I was a bit confused on whether it was actually a mosque or a community center but a search revealed that acording to mosquedirectory.co.u k it is .

As for the fire I guess its to be expected given the events of two weeks ago but I don't condone it .

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Oh I'm going to love the upcoming hypocrisy and double standards in this thread, so, so much.

'Islam' scrawled all over a memorial in London? EDL did it, obviously.

'EDL' written on a mosque? EDL did it obviously.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
To the brave members of the English Defence League who may be behind this:

Thank you for successfully defending me from this building today. Although I was personally not even aware of its existence, it is clear to me that it did indeed represent a very serious threat to my Englishness. Hopefully the enemies of this country on the receiving end of your attack do not have an element of radicalised moronic individuals amongst their number who will carry out reprisals, but I have no doubt that as masterminds in the art of defence you have this eventuality covered and I have no need to worry further.

Once you are done with defending me from people with whom I do not share religious beliefs, but nonetheless manage to live alongside perfectly well on a daily basis, I would appreciate it if you were to turn your attention towards other threats. May I suggest homosexuals, gypsies, academics and Jews as excellent groups of people to defend me from.

Yours sincerely,

Grateful of Manchester.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
divide, and conquer.

Its probably not the EDL, a wild guess, but i think its probably some radical muslims who did it, just to stir the pot and make the conflict boil.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by roguedesigner

Well said-star for sarcasm.
If this does turn out to be the work of the EDL,they have just started to behave in the same way as the extremists.
Burning down minority groups buildings,with the chance of killing people is just about as low and hateful as people who wish to bomb trains/buildings because they have a warped religious ideology IMO.

Sad state of affairs.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonyWarp
divide, and conquer.

Its probably not the EDL, a wild guess, but i think its probably some radical muslims who did it, just to stir the pot and make the conflict boil.

From a conspiracy perspective, this idea is plausible. At least, it is worthy to be part of the investigative possibilities. What better way to sway public opinion away from the EDL than to do this type of thing. I am not condoning nor implying the act is not reprehensible and wholly disrespectful. Also, I am not implying that the majority of the English population (England proper, not UK) are feeling defensive or negative about Muslims at all.

Just that, this is a possibility, and should not be tossed aside for political or religious reasons. There are many cases of Muslim radicals blowing up fellow Muslim believers to further their cause...so, this would be just another way of doing that as well.

It's worthy of discussion and investigation is all I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wouldnt surprise me if it was Farage himself, seeing the press he was taking by linking his party to the EDL he probably thought it best to head on down to the nearest mosque with a jerry can of petrol and a box of matches so he could stitch them up good lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just for general info, most islamic community centers double as masjids. They usually have more space for events like the friday, and holiday prayers. So it was more than likely "both".

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well, this is only going to get worse...

It was only a matter of time before "our" own extremists took some sort of action, which can only lead to some sort of reprisal, whether it be a demonstration (likely to turn violent) or another attack of some kind, which in turn will lead to another act of violence from "our" side...So on and so forth until we're all embroiled in it...

Rivers of blood, indeed...

All it takes is a spark, we've seen that throughout history and all over the world.....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well let's face it the crap this mob has been upto lately certainly warrants repercussion.

Does anyone know if said mosque has any active ties to this Sharia law crap? LoL

I don't personally condone such actions myself however i can see how others could!

Muslim extremism should no longer be tolerated in this country.

Let's just be thankful nobody was hurt or god forbid, lost their head!

edit on 5-6-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
These acts have no end. They become imprinted in the collective consciousness of both sides and leads to a never ending proxy war of Everyone Else Vs. Islam.

Both Nostradamus & Edgar Cayce said that Europe would eventually become predominantly Islamic, and that WW III would be against Islam, as well as pockets of remaining (at the time minority ethnic Europeans) fighting to take the lands back from the Majority Muslims.

We are all well on our way towards that future unfortunately

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Well let's face it the crap this mob has been upto lately certainly warrants repercussion.

Please provide links to the "crap" that the "mob" from the Al-Rhama Islamic Centre have been up to.

Does anyone know if said mosque has any active ties to this Sharia law crap? LoL

Other than to betray your own attitudes, how is that relevant?

I don't personally condone such actions myself however i can see how others could!

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally? Well, if you say so...

Muslim extremism should no longer be tolerated in this country.

It isn't tolerated by our laws or by the vast majority of the members of British society, irrespective of the name they have for their deity.

Let's just be thankful nobody was hurt or god forbid, lost their head!

And you win ten internet points for a cheap shot. Well done, you.

edit on 5-6-2013 by roguedesigner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Oh i'm sorry you are correct i'm just inflaming the situation! LoL

You want links, the crap Muslim extremists/Political refugees are coming away with these days in the UK some might think they are the missing link! I went to school with both Muslim and Indian friends in the 1980s, early 90s and even they think the cries for Sharia law crap here in the UK are mental.

These are the kind of atrocities these people are getting upto on our streets.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.davidicke.com...

www.bbc.co.uk...

ourscotland.myfreeforum.org...

As i have said, i dont condone the burning of any religious institution, but lets face it what did you think was going to happen after the current turn of events?
edit on 5-6-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It could quite possibly be an insurance job or the UAF

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I've only bothered to look at three of your links. Bugger all about muslim immigrants. I did find the link about 7 year old romany kids offering sex absurd. The person making these claims did not report them to the police (suprise suprise)

Are these links supposed to justify the EDL setting fire to the Somali leasure center? If they were, you've failed miserably.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00

I hope not,but these days who knows for sure?
You would have to be very lacking in the brain cell department to be an EDL member who signs this as their work.
Would they be so stupid-or is someone else trying to get them blamed?

Its a valid question.

I don't support extremism on any side,Christian,Jewish,Muslim,White power or whatever-most regular people are happy to get along with our neighbors.
The haters with or without knowing it,give ammunition to the governments so they can crank up the fascist like spying on everyone,secret courts/prisons/torture,heavy police powers etc etc.

These wanker extremists actually make our governments treat us all as potential terrorists,and I hate that about them.
Yet I also despise the way government takes advantage of what is a very small amount of bad apples to make society worse for all of us.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I agree completely this IMHO fits the governments agenda more than it fits the EDL's at this present time,from what I have seen recently the EDL are wanting more air time to speak about there opinions rather than living up to the name the media have given them

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Not forgetting this, of course:
www.guardian.co.uk...

People do not understand the nature of the malaise.
Islam is not just a religion. It is a cultural mindset that is diametrically opposed to our western mindest and lifestyle.
You only have to look at any country in the world under Islamic idealogy to see the damage and oppression it has caused to people. Women and children are items, personal posessions, things of ownership.
Look at all the sheer horrid brutality in terms of conflict in the world today. Do you see a pattern?
They are just as happy killing and beheading each other (Sunni Shia) or blowing up each others mosques.

If you can't get your head around this concept of a mindest that is foreign to ours, we can't make any progress.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join