It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sequence of events?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
When I came home today my sister told me something very interesting that happened to her last night.
Keep in mind my sister is open minded, however, doesn't really believe in any of this stuff, uneducated and only 13.

Anyway, she first tells me that last night a dream woke her up. It was particularly interesting that in her dream somebody was holding their hand over her face saying, "be prepared we are taking you tomorrow". She woke up straight away paralyzed with fear then saw yellow lights outside her window and a sound similar to that of a plane hovering at stand-still. Still paralyzed but wanting to yell out to my mum she says her body was frozen with fear and she could not move or talk. Then suddenly, the head of her bed began to shake which scared her even more. The lights then left slowly, very slowly in her words still making the humming sound of a commercial plane. Once the lights had gone she was able to regain control over her body and did not sleep for the rest of the night.

Now normally, i would shrug this off as coincidence and a dream however, she is adamant that this occurred. What particularly worries me that in her "dream" the man said they would take her tonight. I am posting this thread in a request for information or possibly other people to come forward and tell me if they can relate or know of any others that have had this sequence of events occur.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This to me and i would imagine,most people.would suggest your sister fell into sleep paralysis.
one of my friends actually gets it really often and he hates it.it can be extremely frightening and disturbing,not being able to move,hense it being called ''sleep paralysis''.
now for the things she seen/heard,they are also sympton's of sleep paralysis.
Sleep paralysis is the first stage of astral projection,There are many threads on here upon how to astral project.but from my understanding you need to get into sleep paralysis first,then from that you re able to astral project (have an out of body experience).
basically your in a concious dream,where you have control.From my understanding this is something you should not do lightly.
People practise medatating and other disciplines to enable them to do this.If you go into this with a doubt in your mind or any fear,you have a good chance of seeing/experiencing something horrific and scary.like your sister did.

Alot of people say they seen shadow people,ghost and demons,this is all minfested by your fear.
If you are in control of your thoughts and emotions this can be a very good experience.

She definetly had sleep paralysis/out of body experience.( a concious dream)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by repulsive1

well if they are coming tonight make sure you are there with her

and stay awake with camera in hand please

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by flana23

Thanks, I will definitely look more into sleep paralysis and see if other peoples experiences corrolate with my sisters' experience.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Hahaha I will do that!!

second line.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I've seen a lot of stories like this here but I can't remember ever hearing that they said "be prepared we are taking you tomorrow", that doesn't mean it's never happened before.

Sleep paralysis or not, set up as many cameras as you can in her room and her window, put one outside if you can. If you do this make sure your sister knows where all the cameras are and don't post pictures of her without her permission, as she is only 13 you probably would need your parent's permission.

Please keep us updated if anything happens or not.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I don't believe your story. Planes don't hover unless it's a harrier you're talking about.
And the proper description of a harrier is simply a jet, no Doppler.
edit on 5-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by repulsive1
When I came home today my sister told me something very interesting that happened to her last night.
Keep in mind my sister is open minded, however, doesn't really believe in any of this stuff, uneducated and only 13.

Anyway, she first tells me that last night a dream woke her up. It was particularly interesting that in her dream somebody was holding their hand over her face saying, "be prepared we are taking you tomorrow". She woke up straight away paralyzed with fear then saw yellow lights outside her window and a sound similar to that of a plane hovering at stand-still. Still paralyzed but wanting to yell out to my mum she says her body was frozen with fear and she could not move or talk. Then suddenly, the head of her bed began to shake which scared her even more. The lights then left slowly, very slowly in her words still making the humming sound of a commercial plane. Once the lights had gone she was able to regain control over her body and did not sleep for the rest of the night.

Now normally, i would shrug this off as coincidence and a dream however, she is adamant that this occurred. What particularly worries me that in her "dream" the man said they would take her tonight. I am posting this thread in a request for information or possibly other people to come forward and tell me if they can relate or know of any others that have had this sequence of events occur.

This happened to me. One night about 15 years ago I was sleeping on the sofabed in the basement when I was suddenly shocked awake. I felt like I was being pressed face down into the bed with a tremendous weight, unable to move or cry out. I had a sense of presence, as if there were small beings in the darkness around my bed. There was a deafening buzz... like a billion cicadas, and just over the sound I heard "you will not have this technology for another 2000 years". Then suddenly everything was normal.

Scared the crap out of me. It wasn't until years later that I learned about HSP. While my experience had all the makings of a classic nocturnal Alien abduction scenario, it also matched the common symptoms of hallucinatory sleep paralysis [HSP].

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Damn ! I double dipped.

edit on 5-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Something in the air like a vehicle but unknown might be using high voltage
lifter technology like you see on youtube. No noise. Lights are possible.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
the phenomena of sleep paralysis is used too often (mainly by skeptics I imagine and people who have not experienced it but have read too much about it) to dismiss other strange things. there is the chance it was sleep paralysis. A first time experience of it can be strange and frightening specially if you're a person whose prone to a fear response in a situation. There are ways to learn to handle it. Conquering your fear of it is one of them.
I don't know if that is what happened to your sister. If it isn't I'm not sure what can be done if anything. The only thing I can think to suggest because you were looking for help is that maybe you stay with her to keep an eye on her. Maybe it was a very intense dream and jumping out of it like she did brought on some of that sleep paralysis phenomena. If you believe or she believes it is actually something else these words come to mind
I am not yours and you may not touch me. The Lord's Prayer (minus the forgive us our debts and debtors crap) is always helpful as well. Whether they will help at all I don't know. Either way let us know how things turn out.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

If she's really scared you should give her some information on sleep paralysis. I've had infrequent episodes of sleep paralysis all my life, it freaked me out as a kid. After I read about it and understood what was happening it became a lot less scary and I'm able to recognize it when it's happening.

Shortly after finding ATS and reading about other peoples sleep paralysis experiences, I had a dream that this guy was laying in bed next to me with his hands wrapped around my throat. I was frozen in place and couldn't move or say anything. It was startling at first, then I realized what was happening and shrugged it off and went back to sleep.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

Scared the crap out of me. It wasn't until years later that I learned about HSP. While my experience had all the makings of a classic nocturnal Alien abduction scenario, it also matched the common symptoms of hallucinatory sleep paralysis [HSP]

I never heard it referred to as HSP. I would get this a lot but only a couple of times in the last few years. The loud buzzing is the first thing that happens. The first time it happened I thought I was having a seizure or something. Very profound and disturbing.

The last few times, I found that if I didn't fight it, I would enter into lucid dreaming which is similar. HSP is where you don't know your dreaming and lucid dreaming is when you are aware you are dreaming.

Anyway, another vote for sleep paralysis.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
It only happened once in my case. My son and I were watching Dark Skies the other night and I thought it would be fun to tell him about it. He told me that he had something similar happen early this year and he also thought he was having a seizure.

Weird how the buzzing/noise is common to so many such cases. My experience also had the voice message as described by the OP.
edit on 5-6-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by freelance_zenarchist

Shortly after finding ATS and reading about other peoples sleep paralysis experiences, I had a dream that this guy was laying in bed next to me with his hands wrapped around my throat. I was frozen in place and couldn't move or say anything. It was startling at first, then I realized what was happening and shrugged it off and went back to sleep.

The only other really bizarre experience I've had was nearly identical to what you are describing, but I am hesitant to attribute it to HSP as I was awake, lucid, and had just reset the alarm on the digital clock. Didn't feel anything like the other incident. It's still in my WTF?!! file.
edit on 5-6-2013 by draknoir2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't expect people to believe word of mouth but i am telling you, her fear is legit. And something did happen last night again, well this morning actually.

So in the house was myself, my mum, my sister, my little brother and my girlfriend. It was about 6:00 in the morning when my girlfriend woke me up after being woken up by loud tapping on the wall saying "i think somethings happened, Paige (my sister) is crying to your mum", i got up straight away and she is distraught and literally crying worse than I've ever seen her cry before.
Now because of the incident the night before that I've already highlighted, I had the dog sleep in the room with her that night. About 20 seconds before I was awoken by my girlfriend, Paige claimed she had seen an extremely bright white light coming under her door that created another door on her wall. Now, it can't be car lights as where her bedroom is positioned it is impossible. She claims she was awake a few hours before this occurred and was wide awake as it occurred. She said she screamed out for me and the lights disappeared, however, nobody heard her screaming just my girlfriend who heard frantic tapping on the wall.

Now I believe her and believe something extremely strange is happening to her. To the people that say I should put cameras up, I simply don't have any that I could set up to watch unless I use my laptop webcam. I would definitely not post up any pictures or video of my sister but I may setup my laptop tonight to film to see if anything happens.

Nobody has to believe me, I'm simply posting on this site for advice and help as to what these occurrences could be and mean. I'm worried for the safety of my sister and, if she is having sleep paralysis, what to do to help her cope.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I don't expect people to believe word of mouth but i am telling you, her fear is legit. And something did happen last night again, well this morning actually.

Of course her fear is legit. Lets put it this way. Dreams, sleep paralysis, hallucinations or whatever are just as real as any other experience. There is good reason to be upset even if it is all in her head because why would all this stuff be in her head anyway? She might be thinking that she's going crazy. The night time is a strange time for everyone. We are supposed to be asleep and not really remember our dreams when everything is working right. Now if you get a little stressed, it can mess up your normal rhythm and stuff like this can happen.

Now if you are really concerned, forget the cameras and stay awake for her in her room to keep watch. At least she will feel secure and get some needed sleep which she is not getting. If you are not willing to do that, then you are not that concerned.

Now if you happen to see something strange yourself, you might want to ask someone more knowledgeable like unity99 or cornucopia.

edit on 6-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thesamelight

I wonder why i never saw or heard anything strange or menacing when i had sleep paralysis? I always read how folks apparently see these demons/aliens etc,really bizarre+scary things during SP.But whenever i had it,i can not see anything except pitch blackness,and of course cannot move.I can hear though.all i ever heard,was my oldest daughter +her friend laughing+playing close by,when i was taking a nap one day+woke up in SP.
Nothing otherwordly,except once i woke up in SP and found myself being pulled off the bed and through the air.That was pretty terrifying,but still,no entities or beings or figures were seen(when i started drifting through the air,i could see again)Some one here suggested it was propably an OOBE,idk.
I was being helplessly pulled through the air like a fish on a hook,no control.This is going to sound religious,though i definitely was not,at the time,and certainly not now-but in my mind i screamed "Jesus please help me!!" because i looked behind me,and saw myself being pulled in the direction of the underside of my dressing-table,which was the last straw.After that,i was immediately back on my bed again,and the paralysis was broken too,everything back to normal.

I do not know What that was all about,but i do think in general,SP gets the blame for too many experiences.I mean,look at sled's thread-"Have you had more than one paranormal experience?" threads like "what's the strangest thing you ever experienced?" and this thread i posted in:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There's a whole lot people out there,having very strange,terrifying and/or inexplicable experiences.

These days it seems the psychiatric profession wants to ascribe every normal emotion to some mental disorder-and people here on ATS think,rightfully, that That is insane.I say,the same with paranormal experiences-if it happens to occur even near a bedroom,it's SP-end of story.Certainly in some cases it is-but not halfway as often as people think,imo.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

[color=6699FF]please

review the info Guy Malone has at:

www.alienresistance.org...

He had multiple teen abductions.

He learned to stop them and has helped many hundreds of individuals and families stop them when they were in the midst of happening and prevent them from reoccurring.

Your sister deserves protection, imho.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Sorry, but this psychologist doesn't buy the "sleep paralysis"

loophole. That fall-back explanation does NOT account for a list of factors involved in the abduction experiences.

Does "sleep paralysis" occur? Sure.

I just don't accept it as a SUFFICIENT explanation for the abduction experience.

And, I think it's a nice 'warm, fuzzy' pseudo-explanation for folks who are toooo uncomfortable facing the facts of the abduction phenomena.

Super-rationalists are hyper averse to accepting "supernatural" or other 'out there' phenomena as even remotely possible. Soooooo, one of their strategies for dealing with such realities and possibilities is to DEFINE THEM OUT OF POSSIBILITY.

The only ones they are fooling are themselves, however.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join