It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbi Baruch Efriti: 'Islamization of Europe a good thing"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I came across this article (from November 2012) and thought it might make for an interesting discussion.

Islamization of Europe a good thing'

Rabbi Baruch Efriti, a community Rabbi in the West bank has made certain statements regarding Islam in Europe that comes across as rather surprising. He says that the "Islamization" of Europe is a punishment for Christianity's history of anti-semitism. He cites events that took place more than 500 years ago and implies that Europe deserves the loss of its identity and seems to favor the rise of Islam.

"Jews should rejoice at the fact that Christian Europe is losing its identity as a punishment for what it did to us for the hundreds of years were in exile there," the rabbi explained as the ethical reason for favoring Muslims

"We will never forgive Europe's Christians for slaughtering millions of our children, women and elderly… Not just in the recent Holocaust, but throughout the generations, in a consistent manner which characterizes all factions of hypocritical Christianity…

"Europe is losing its identity in favor of another people and another religion, and there will be no remnants and survivors from the impurity of Christianity, which shed a lot of blood it won't be able to atone for."

He also goes on to say that Islam is a better religion for gentiles as opposed to Christianity, which according to him "ranges between radical monasticism to radical Western licentiousness."

"With the help of God, the gentiles there will adopt a healthier life with a lot of modesty and integrity, and not like the hypocritical Christianity which appears pure but is fundamentally corrupt,"

Though the Rabbi accuses Islam of "misjudging their prophets he says of it...

It educates a bit more for a stable life of marriage and creation, where there is certain modesty and respect for God."

The Rabbi also acknowledges the current tensions in the middle east but goes on to endorse Islam as a "better as a gentile culture than Christianity."

My 2 cents...
Of course, this Rabbi can only speak for himself and not the entire Jewish community. However, his endorsement of Islam makes sense on a theological level, as both Islam and Judaism are strictly monotheistic and share many similarities regarding rituals and dietary laws.

I believe Islam does not need this Rabbis validation in order to spread and function in Europe. What I find interesting is how a person who would typically oppose Muslims on Israeli territory is actually prescribing Islam for Europe. I'm not sure if that makes him a hypocrite or an embittered man who wishes to see the collapse of Europe's Christian identity, (whatever little is left of it) for crimes that took place centuries ago.

Discuss.

edit on 5-6-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
what about europe's atheists, agnostics, pagans? he think islam is better for them too? holey rusted metal batman. this planet is going kabonkers.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
what about europe's atheists, agnostics, pagans? he think islam is better for them too? holey rusted metal batman. this planet is going kabonkers.

Going kabonkers? We left 'going kabonkers' about 6,000 years ago. We will be arriving at Pure Insanity shortly.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by undo

Going kabonkers? We left 'going kabonkers' about 6,000 years ago. We will be arriving at Pure Insanity shortly.

he's living in some other time, and applying to people who have far surpassed the generational curse concept, the idea that there should just be continuous ongoing revenge against all their descendants. if we all thought like that this planet would implode in 5 seconds. they are taking advantage of the fact, we have been taught to be peaceful and law abiding in whatever country we find ourselves in. which brings to mind this little gem

edit on 5-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Haha, I agree that the islamization of Europe is a great thing, and it will definitely happen as promised by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Hold yourself for what's to happen, Islam comes only with peace and if you've understood otherwise, you're in deep lost.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

we have been taught to be peaceful and law abiding in whatever country we find ourselves in. which brings to mind this little gem

I saw the hypocrisy in just about every adult's words since I was a young lad. (A number of adults really hated me as the mouthy young kid that I was
) The most evil people are usually claiming themselves to be good. Nice little video you found there.

The funny thing, is some of the roughest, worst people in society's eyes, are often too honest for their own good. You can't walk around saying your bad, because it puts a target on your back. For you to be truly evil, you need everyone to believe you're a saint. Otherwise, you are just going to ignite animosity and some type of action against you.
edit on 5-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misbah
Haha, I agree that the islamization of Europe is a great thing, and it will definitely happen as promised by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Hold yourself for what's to happen, Islam comes only with peace and if you've understood otherwise, you're in deep lost.

curious that it was the brits who helped the jewish people go back to israel and, correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't it also the british royals who claim to be of jewish descent from like king david?
strange commentary by the rabbi.
here's a vid for ya. it's a real head scratcher

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I saw the hypocrisy in just about every adult's words since I was a young lad. (A number of adults really hated me as the mouthy young kid that I was
) The most evil people are usually claiming themselves to be good. Nice little video you found there.

i don't think jews or muslims or christians are evil. i don't think atheists or agnostics or pagans are evil either. well, let me rephrase, i don't believe we are inherently evil in the way we are taught it. i believe we are spiritual beings stuck in animal flesh bodies, struggling along the best we can. i don't adhere to the idea that we did this to ourselves nor the idea that god would throw us all in hell while saying he loves us.

for the rabbi this is solved by just assuming the reason it doesn't make sense to a gentile or kuffir is because when god says he loves us, he's not referring to gentiles or kuffirs, he's referring strictly to his own people. but if he created us all, then we are all his own people. clearly parts of the logic behind the position that only biological jews are loved by god, is faulty, UNLESS, god was just an ancient pharaoh. i think he was more than that, personally, but that's for a different topic.

anyway, the point the video makes is this:
if the rules say: do thus, and you think that it makes good sense (and it usually does) then you most likely will follow it but if you follow it because you are entertaining the notion that the rule makers are also following it, don't be silly.

where i disagree with the video is the assumption that human societies are capable of providing universally ethical leaders. being a leader seems to have, inherent in its meaning and application, the necessity to lie, exaggerate, obfuscate and etc, in order to preserve the society. as someone else who was willing to lie/exaggerate and etc, would just rise up and take your place if you didn't. not saying immorality is a justified position, only that a certain degree of it can be viewed in the context of "national security"
(and i don't mean that in the usa sense of the phrase). in effect, it appears to be the nature of leadership, that a certain degree of immoral behavior is necessitated, and by that i don't mean that leaders are all bad people, only that it carries a burden of ugly responsibility with it. i certainly wouldn't want the job.

however, i cannot, not even for five seconds, validate that rabbis message. the usa went over during ww2, and most of the soldiers who faught and rescued the jews from nazi germany were christians. pretty sure many european christians from england helped in the rescue as well. i'm just stunned that the rabbi has that position on the subject.

edit on 5-6-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
He says that the "Islamization" of Europe is a punishment for Christianity's history of anti-semitism. He cites events that took place more than 500 years ago and implies that Europe deserves the loss of its identity and seems to favor the rise of Islam.

So he is an anti-Christian bigot and an idiot who subscribes to the Old Testament notion of generational punishment from a vengeful God who is probably Jewish.
He wants innocent people from today punished for what he considers 'slights' from 500 years ago.

God save us from bigoted religious extremists. :shk:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

And you agree with him, right?

No thanks. And not the Americas, either. MYOB. I think we should all just Mind Our Own Business.
The infighting among extremist fundamental Muslims (I know that is not "all of Islam" - and not "real Islam") is the most unsettled and absurd phenomenon on this planet. It IS too many "not real Muslims" committing real murder, rape, destruction, hatred, misogyny, and stupidity. But then again, they're not educated.

Sure, modern "moderate Muslims" are about peace and the acceptance of everyone, women being cherished and educated, yadayada. The Old-Skool Muslims are not. And THEY are a danger to EVERYONE.

The Zionists are also bullies, and so is the Western military command. NOT THE SOLDIERS - the LEADERS. And anyone promoting 'forcing' religious values on other people is WRONG and should be IGNORED.

@undo:
Loved the second vid. And, I agree with your comments as well.
~w
edit on 5-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

And you agree with him, right?

I thought I made my position clear. Re-read my post.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I did.
You think it's interesting that a Jew would promote Islam in Europe, and you agree that Islam or Judaism is the right "theological" answer for all of Europe. Right?

Yeah, as soon as they all stop slaughtering each other in their "homelands" I'll think about it with a more open mind. Until then? Nope.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Folks (Rabbi in this case) are making the same mistake again and again as many have in history with statements hinting/pointing/claiming that one religion is better than the other. Its not the religion but its the followers and preachers that normally give it a bad name/reputation/image due to misinterpretation and/or amendments/revisions.
edit on 5-6-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Yeah, as soon as they all stop slaughtering each other in their "homelands" I'll think about it with a more open mind. Until then? Nope.

you want to educate me about "real" western values right?
And you reply the above as you judge islam by what some muslims are doing.
Well then i'l have a more open mind about west(US) when the "a rape every two mins", "every 3rd women being a victim of domestic voilence in her lifetime" etc stop!

Sounds FAIR?!!

On the OP, the rabbi is saying exactly the same about christianity and europe, what you say about islam.you want to modernise islam by infusing some western values and he wants the ideology that tortured and killed his people to be replaced by a better one.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

you want to modernise islam by infusing some western values

Certain Western values ideas are simply incompatible with Islam.

and he wants the ideology that tortured and killed his people to be replaced by a better one.

Lets ponder over this.
This guy simply wants Islam to take over Europe because he has a personal issue with Christianity. Not because he actually believed in what Islam teaches. What does that tell you about him?
Also, do you see any sense in holding a grudge over things that took place 500 years ago?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You think it's interesting that a Jew would promote Islam in Europe, and you agree that Islam or Judaism is the right "theological" answer for all of Europe. Right?

Its "interesting", but I was more interested in knowing what people thought of his views.

Like I asked in the OP.... do you think it makes him a hypocrite?
or does he wish to see the collapse of Europe's Christian identity.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

One of the few times I totally agree with something that Sk0rpi0n posts. This rabbi is irrational .. inventing hate in his heart over slights (real or imagined) from hundreds of years ago and wishing ILL WILL upon innocent people. He is NOT what I'd call a holy man .. (and I wouldn't call him a smart man either).

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Like I asked in the OP.... do you think it makes him a hypocrite? or does he wish to see the collapse of Europe's Christian identity.

From what I'm reading, it makes him a man with hate in his heart and irrationality in his head. He should turn in his rabbi robes and his yamaka and tassles (do they still wear those?) that signify his spiritual leadership status. (if he were Catholic I'd be saying he should turn in his collar ... you get the idea).

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Okay .. I"m finding more stories on this guy ...

Front Page Magazine
Not the best source (obviously) but they do have information on this.
They say he's an attention whore.

There appears to be a history of Rabbi Efrati giving unnecessarily controversial and inappropriate responses to questions, occasionally then highlighted in places such as Yediot Ahoronot. It’s hard not to suspect that this is his way of getting attention that would otherwise never come his way.

He has encouraged traveling jews to go pray in Mosques ...
NYET Jewish World

In response to concerned traveler who feels he can't concentrate on prayers at airport, Rabbi Efrati says 'best option' is to go to Muslim house of prayer.

It would be better to pray in a mosque and do so with meaning and after the sun rises, rather than at home, at dawn or at the airport and without meaning," Rabbi Baruch Efrati determined recently in a response posted on the Kipa website recently.

I find that strange advice. I would think that a quiet Jewish home would be a place that a Jewish person would feel more comfortable praying in rather than a Muslim Mosque. LIkewise, I'd think that a Muslim person would be more comfortable praying in a quiet Muslim home rather than a synagogue. But whatever. The point is that this guy has made off beat statements in the past ....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

reply to post by logical7

you want to modernise islam by infusing some western values

Certain Western values ideas are simply incompatible with Islam.

and he wants the ideology that tortured and killed his people to be replaced by a better one.

Lets ponder over this.
This guy simply wants Islam to take over Europe because he has a personal issue with Christianity. Not because he actually believed in what Islam teaches. What does that tell you about him?
Also, do you see any sense in holding a grudge over things that took place 500 years ago?

yes certain western values are incompatible with islam and many western values are just universal common sense values understood by all humans.

The rabbi is simply going for the idea "enemy of an enemy is a friend"
its his opinion that islam will make europe better, if he understands islam then i'l agree with him but i don't agree if he thinks it should be enforced!
Islam is an ideology, a way of life. If it appeals to people then they can adopt it an behave according to it.

I do believe that Islam makes a person better, gives answers to some BIG questions and has a system in place to build a peaceful, prosperous and compassionate society. Its my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join