learn more

Syria conflict has reached new levels of brutality- UN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...
Syria's war has reached "new levels of brutality", the UN says, with evidence of fresh suspected massacres, sieges and violations of children's rights.

Children have been taken hostage, forced to watch torture and even participate in beheadings, it says; others have been killed while fighting.

It says it suspects there are "reasonable grounds" to believe chemical weapons have been deployed.

It urges foreign powers not to increase the availability of arms in Syria.

The issue of arms has been high on the international agenda of late, with the EU lifting an embargo on the sale of arms to Syria while Russia has insisted it is going ahead with the sale of an advanced S-300 surface-to-air missile defence system to Syria.
www.bbc.co.uk...]More

This so effects my soul to the morrow...what can be done to stop this...Can we protest, can we pray, can we raise money...what if anything can we as people do to alter the events that take place in another country???
edit on 5-6-2013 by Gemwolf because: Added ex tags

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

There is no "good" side in this awful mess, but if pressed I'd go with the guys that don't claim to be affiliated with al qaeda jihadists. Just sayin.
edit on 5-6-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
There was no proof that the groundsamples weren't tampered with, I don't care about the claim of chemical weapons being used (by whatever side, too).

And in other news: Wars are fought on the information-warfield, too. No party is to be trusted, the more ugly the allegations the more suspicious they are!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Oh, and a final thought:

Whoever wants to transport weapons into a civil war should be considered a war criminal, as more weapons will only result in a longer, bloodier war.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
All the International War Mongers who are doing nothing but Arming Terrorists and Spreading Propaganda need to be Tried and Hung for Crimes Against Humanity.

Start with the Singing Bird McCain.

edit on 5-6-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

This so effects my soul to the morrow...what can be done to stop this...Can we protest, can we pray, can we raise money...what if anything can we as people do to alter the events that take place in another country???

If your question is how do individuals around the world bring peace to Syria, my guess would be that we can't.

Pirhanna (Forgive any misspelling) seems to think you're asking whose side should we be on, an entirely different question.

Let me ask you, what do you hope the situation in Syria looks like in five years. Not just how much fighting is going on, but how the government is controlled, what it's international connections and alliances should be, and what you would like it's policy to be toward other countries in the area.

All tough questions, right enough, but without a goal, how do we make progress?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

The same questions that should be asked of Libya, another state that we totally destroyed for no other reason than to satisfy the bankers and corporations wanting to rape the country.

The people pushing, financing and controlling these wars do not care a jot about the loss of life and suffering they bring, as long as there is money to be made and control over the resources at some point down the road. Those people should be put against a wall and shot, for the benefit of all mankind.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
The BBC have been spinning both the UN and French reports to pin all the blame on the Assad regime. It was the rebels using Children to behead opposition figures and there is evidence to suggest the rebels have used chemical weapons.

If we really wanted to help, we would be supply funds and material to those innocent people suffering in the refugee camps. There, we could really help people on the ground, rather than funding the rebels and their al Qaeda affiliates.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well, it's shells4u's thread and he (she?) can suggest steering it in whichever direction she (or he) prefers, but will we really get very far saying "X is evil we should kill him (or them)," or "We should be supporting Y's side, trying to kill X?"

Sure, it will be an exciting thread with people shouting "Assad is terrible," and "The rebels are terrible," back and forth for twenty pages, but wasn't shells4u looking for a solution and not just who should win this particular battle?

Or maybe I'm missing it. Maybe Syria is a chance for one side to say "we want to destroy, we want to kill, until the last person alive is one of ours and we will shout "Victory" in (somebody or other's name)."

If that's the case, then may God have mercy on your souls.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

80,000 lives my ass...that number is about as fabricated as 6 million Jews dieing in the so called "holocaust".

This report stinks to high on the bull# meter.
edit on 5-6-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Children have been taken hostage, forced to watch torture and even participate in beheadings, it says; others have been killed while fighting.

OK , it seems that UN is using the old war are Islam with the old reasons to get attentions and confirmations to invade a new country.

Wait , isn't this the UN which didn't allow Obama and friends to invade Libya ?

The issue of arms has been high on the international agenda of late, with the EU lifting an embargo on the sale of arms to Syria while Russia has insisted it is going ahead with the sale of an advanced S-300 surface-to-air missile defence system to Syria

Common , the real agenda is here , beheading and killing is just fake.

West block is getting concerned about the role of Russia in the crisis. They are really concerned about the money and guns they sent to Syria.

Russia is an ally of President Bashar al-Assad

No , Russia is a superpower which is concerned about adventurous movements of the west block.

can we raise money

Yes you can

what if anything can we as people do to alter the events that take place in another country???

SEnd your army and stop playing with words.

Obama doesn't need any one to allow him. HE is "yes we can" and he can start war anywhere he wants.

+ This crisis has been going on in Syria for two years. Why are you and the UN concerned about the events now?

Now that Bashar is pushing the terrorists out ?

I believe that west is watching that it is losing the war and that is why it is starting to scream the old lies again.

That is why every one loves west for.

The honesty , the fairness , the justice , the wisdom and humbleness of west.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Well, you can see the war-mongers - both dems and repubs - in the US are pushing for WW3 - with Russia and China, no less, in this complete debacle - and they're selling arms to both sides.

When can we get rid of the politicians and the war/industrial complex? All-together?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
charles is right I personally feel its way too late for picking sides...The one thing that I think might help at this point is to go In and pack up all the women and children leaving behind all those who want to continue fighting and then just nuke it all to hell....hows that for a solution???
edit on (6/5/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

You've always got something interesting to say, I just want to make sure I understand it. Please correct me if I've misunderstood.

The UN wants to invade Syria.

Russia wants to sell arms to Syria.

The West doesn't want the Russians to send arms to Syria.

Russia is an ally of Syria.

You want the US to invade Syria. (I'm not sure who you want us to support in Syria.)

Russia is concerned about American movements in the area.

You think the US is dishonest, unfair, unjust, stupid and arrogant, and everyone hates us.

Then there's this, which I don't understand:

+ This crisis has been going on in Syria for two years. Why are you and the UN concerned about the events now?

Now that Bashar is pushing the terrorists out ?

I believe that west is watching that it is losing the war and that is why it is starting to scream the old lies again.

You tell us we can raise money. May I note that if we do and ship it over there, we had better be darn careful than we don't get busted on a "financial support of a terrorist group" charge?

Well, mideast, have I got it pretty much right? And will you explain those lines I don't understand?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Destabilize, and kill, kill, kill - that's all the elites want to do - depopulation.

You don't think Iran and Chechnya are next? They've spelled it out - it doesn't matter what "side" your on - just kill, kill, kill.

They'll make money off of it.

Reminds me of obozo's off-mic remark to Putin's lackey - "just wait till I'm re-elected - I'll have more sway."

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

Common , the real agenda is here , beheading and killing is just fake.

I highly doubt that.

Just Recently in England. Saudi Arabia allows it also. Be heading's do happen.

I think its Barbaric.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Dear shells4u,

I'm sad for you. Sad for the world, sure. But this must be tough on you.

Your OP was full of the concern you have for the people there, I could almost feel the love and see you running across the country, scooping people up and sheltering them.

Then we come to this:

I personally feel its way too late for picking sides...The one thing that I think might help at this point is to go In and pack up all the women and children leaving behind all those who want to continue fighting and then just nuke it all to hell....hows that for a solution???
I join your frustration. We can't even talk about it politely here, where there's nothing at stake. All these various guerilla groups, governments, and terrorist organizations think the fate of the world depends on their crushing the enemy.

Yeah, just ending it is a tempting solution. "If everyone is so committed to killing everyone else, let's just do it for them and get it over quick, like ripping off a bandage." But I keep hoping there's some other way.

Why don't you try it on ATS. Ask the people in the threads, "How do we solve this? Forget who is right or wrong, how do we manage to survive for longer than just the next temporary cease-fire?" I haven't heard anything yet, just more hatred and death. If God can be sad, he must be now.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Yet the UN just sits there twiddling their thumbs.

They have never been greatly beneficial to world peace, and they never will be if they continue to act the way they currently do.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have often wondered if our world would be a different place if the leaders of the world had to get down and dirty in the frontlines and physically experienced war in a firsthand position...I bet they would then find solutions real quick...And also have them send their own sons and daughters off to fight the very wars they promote...The sons in my immediate family have all did and is currently doing their time in the military has theirs??? Just like a chef tastes his food before he serves it to others...So it should be with the leaders of the world...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by solarstorm

Well, you can see the war-mongers - both dems and repubs - in the US are pushing for WW3 - with Russia and China, no less, in this complete debacle - and they're selling arms to both sides.

When can we get rid of the politicians and the war/industrial complex? All-together?

I am all for that. Democrats and Republicans hold stock in defense companies and make lots of money when we go to war. Why do you think they vote to involve us in so many?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join