It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did The Powers That Be Just Throw The IRS Under The Bus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This being ATS and All,
I thought I might share this "Out of the Box" idea with All of You.
Firstly, Can any of you recall the last time the IRS was being scrutinized by
the Main Stream media in your Lifetime?
Secondly, I was viewing the news this evening with a grain of salt, and the old thought occurred
to me that for all that is true, the opposite is equally as true.( An Old Zen Idea of Ours).
This reminder occurred during the "Blame Game " portion of the Political Spin.
Thirdly, It is quite possible and more than likely, that when you are in a True Position of Power,
Every Attempt at doing The Right Thing in a Just, Fair, and Prompt Manner is automatically
tossed into the Guilty Washer of Public Opinion.

This Holds Well to The "Bhengazi" and "Fast and Furious" Events as well.
The Truth is, There HAS been Exposure here, and even a new level of transparency.
All Appear to shed The Current Administration in a questionable light.
But the fact is, These events have been deliberately Revealed by the actions of
The Current Administration.

Curious and Interesting Opposites to consider.
I am really trying to remain Unbiased and Objective here.

In any event, I am humbly attempting to share some thoughts with you here in the
"General Chit Chat Forum", and that is all.
As I am currently in no position to debate or justify my reasoning on this matter.

Needless to say, you all remain strong in my Mind and Spirit.
Long Live The Freedom of Speech

Cheers to you all at ATS

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The IRS is bloated with bureaucratic red tape, more tax laws than they can even keep track of and an institution that is woefully inefficient. What better way than to bring them into the medias and publics eye if you want to give them a haircut and a shave. By doing so the administration ends up looking like they are the hero's. The IRS gets streamlined with more muscle and less fat while the public gets squeezed harder but thinks it's less.

If they ever figure out that a flat 15% across the board coupled with a GST gains more and have the public complaining less, look out. Politicians are not that bright regarding taxation, if they were, the IRS would have been leaned out long ago.

Where I live, the tax is a flat 15% and you receive what you agreed to for a salary. Lets say you agreed too a $2000 a month salary, your true income is 15% higher but you never see that, you receive your $2000. No complaining about earning $2000 and only getting $1700. GST is built into the price of the goods that you buy. Your not shown a lower price and then slapped with added tax. Which by the way is rather stupid as the price quoted is not the true price it's a scam. People will pay the price displayed easier if it already contains the GST. Once again the US hasn't figured that out yet.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pstrron

Ahoy there Matey!
Thanks for sharing something real.

Keep the decks scrubbed you scurvy dog.

join