It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A small piece of Egypt in Australia. Carving of an Egyptian god found in New South Wales

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Dont think this is on ATS already. Please link to other threads if it is.

This article in Dutch is translated for us by Google. What is describes is a little piece of Egypt in Australia. I had no idea about this until I fell onto the website today. Lots of interesting things on that site, and you never know, maybe the webmaster is here with us on ATS.

It seems that they have found images of a Horus-type being in a cave in Australia

I will quote a small piece from the site and then if you are interested, you can follow the link and go there yourself.

Egyptian hieroglyphs found in New South Wales.
The discovery mainly focuses on a series of unusual rock carvings found in the National Park in the Hunter Valley at a hundred miles from Sydney.
The enigmatic carvings have been around for about 100 years part of the local folklore and stories have arisen after people had seen them early in the last century.
The place was in the years' 50 to secretly visited by families "who knew of." Then came the place in the shadow of mythology until a man who was looking for his dog rediscovered the place.

I thought it was interesting that the Egyptian gods/ETs also got to Australia - if they did, although it could, of course, be a hoaxer as this looks pretty much the same as Egyptian carvings and it was not discovered that long ago.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

It would not surprise me in the least if its genuine...

The notion there was no world civilization back in the day seems to be based on ignorance rather than fact.. The possibility that all of these cultures developed math and pyramids etc all at the same time without contact with each other is a stretch.

Who knows... Maybe they were referring to Mars with the story of the deluge... Maybe the pillars of Hercules were the 2 Martian moons. Maybe Earths current moon was the Ark... Maybe earth as a whole is Atlantis...

I find it suspicious that we don't know our own history, and even more suspicious when we find information that challenges the accepted theories, only to find that information and the people pushing it blacklisted.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This is an old story long ago debunked as someone carving these symbols in recent times (last 80 years).

Man, check the internet thoroughly before putting up such easily debunked rubbish.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
There is no connection between Australia and ancient Egypt unfortunately.
From what I recall, rock carvings form a build up of a type of film/varnish over long periods of time. The carvings did'nt have these to show they're really old, some of the glyphs are wrong as well.
Also, anything by Rex Gilmore should be taken lightly as most is unproven and kinda out there, including the Gympie Pyramid.

However many ancient maps (not just Piri Reis) show Australia and so it was obviously well known in ancient times. Why Australia did not produce an advanced civilization is kind of a mystery of it's own. Where places such as Lelu Island and Nan Madol both in Micronesia as well as Easter island in the middle of nowhere seemed to flourish.

edit on 5-6-2013 by LeLeu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The carvings were done by an Australian Soldier who spent time training in Egypt, before fighting in Gallipoli.

This is a well known story, the carvings are only about 80 years old.

edit on 5-6-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911
The carvings were done by an Australian Soldier who spent time training in Egypt, before fighting in Gallipoli.

This is a well known story, the carvings are only about 80 years old.

edit on 5-6-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

perfect, a link... with video and a summary.

good job (:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
The notion there was no world civilization back in the day seems to be based on ignorance rather than fact..

What exactly do you base your "seems to be based on ignorance" on? Considering that you have gathered your knowledge sporadically from the work of those who actually have provided you with the information and "facts".

It seems to me that you're making your seems up based on ignorance.

The possibility that all of these cultures developed math and pyramids etc all at the same time without contact with each other is a stretch.

Most famous pyramids from different civilizations have been created during different periods of time. Why do you claim the opposite?
There wouldn't be anything strange about two civilizations doing it at the same time either, though.

Who knows... Maybe they were referring to Mars with the story of the deluge... Maybe the pillars of Hercules were the 2 Martian moons. Maybe Earths current moon was the Ark... Maybe earth as a whole is Atlantis...

And you're the one dismissing the "facts"?

I find it suspicious that we don't know our own history

?

[..] and even more suspicious when we find information that challenges the accepted theories

?

[..]only to find that information and the people pushing it blacklisted.

?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
This is an old story long ago debunked as someone carving these symbols in recent times (last 80 years).

Man, check the internet thoroughly before putting up such easily debunked rubbish.

What, just because a ranger says some old dude was carving # into the sandstone, you're just going to believe the glyphs to be a hoax?

It is quite obvious that people have been carving their own stuff onto the sandstone. Who's to say that the old guy wasn't adding his own stuff to the original content too?

Further, the attempt to prove the hieroglyphs as false based on the inaccurate presentation of them is illogical. This is due to the fact that most Egyptians did not know how to write properly (writing was something that was reserved primarily for Pharaohs and scribes). Finally, if the hieroglyphs are to be believed, than the individual who wrote it was either a high official or a chief priest, not a scribe or a Pharaoh. As such, no one at the site would have had the ability to write 100% accurately.

Here is the story, as was translated:

For two seasons he made my way westward, weary, but strong to the end.

Always praying, joyful, and smiting insects.

He, the servant of God, said God brought the insects.

Have gone around hills and deserts, in wind and rain, with no lakes at hand.

He was killed while carrying the Golden Falcon Standard up front in a foreign land, crossing mountains, desert and water along the way.

He, who died before, is here laid to rest.

May he have life everlasting. He is never again to stand beside the waters of the Sacred Mer. Mer meaning 'love'.

There was a moat around the pyramid called the "waters of Mer".

The second facing wall, which was much more seriously eroded, details the tragedy further.

This wall begins with the badly eroded glyph of a snake (Heft), with a glyph of jaws (to bite) and the symbol for 'twice'.

The snake bit twice.

Those followers of the diving Lord 'Khufu', mighty one of Lower Egypt, Lord of the Two Adzes, not all shall return.

We must go forward and not look back.

All the creek and river beds are dry. Our boat is damaged and tied up with rope.

Death was caused by snake.

We gave egg-yolk from the medicine-chest and prayed to Amen, the Hidden One, for he was struck twice.

We walled in the side entrance to the chamber with stones from all around.

We aligned the chamber with the Western Heavens.

The three doors of eternity were connected to the rear end of the royal tomb and sealed in.

We placed beside it a vessel, the holy offering, should he awaken from the tomb.

Separated from home is the Royal body and all others.

Here is inscribed the extraordinary story of the death and burial of 'Lord Djes-eb' one of the sons of the Pharaoh Ra Djedef.

www.crystalinks.com...

If this isn't enough evidence to warrant further investigations, then perhaps this shaft, neatly carved underneath the rock face is:

edit on 5-6-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by okamitengu
i dont see you providing any links...
im sure you must have some to be so certain.

while i belive these are a modern thing, if you are going to be so cock sure and a jerk about it, maybe you should put your google where your mouth is...

You should also realize that to some, to whom things are common knowledge, it feels like needing to dig up appropriate links to prove that the Eiffel Tower exists.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
That translation was pretty detailed of an expedition gone badly and their leader dying including descriptions of funeral services, and historical references. If it's a hoax carved by an Aussie soldier, he would have had to have done extensive self-education in hieroglyphs and Ancient Egyptian history, not an easy task. I see no reason why the Egyptians couldn't have ended up in Australia, the Phoenicians certainly had conquered the seas by then (time frames?)

Where is the proof again that this is a hoax? Cuz that video clip was proof of nothing.

Thanks for posting this OP, fascinating!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
There is also further proof linking Egypt and ancient Australia together, other than the Gosford glyphs:

A very small statuette of a squatting ape was found by Widgee Shire workman Mr Doug George from near Traveston crossing. Mr George picked up the rock while working near the bridge. This is also believed to be Thoth in ape form.

Unearthed at Noosaville on the Sunshine Coast, was an ancient Egyptian Jade Ankh or 'Cross of Life'

Toowoomba: A group of seventeen granite stones were found with Phoenician inscriptions. One had been translated to read "Guard the shrine of Yahweh's message" and "Gods of Gods". Another inscription reads, "This is a place of worship or Ra" and "Assemble here to worship the sun." Ra was the Egyptian sun god.

Rex Gilroy in 1978 identified ancient Masonic Egyptian symbols among aboriginal cave art several miles from the 1910 Ptolomy IV coin discovery site.

An Egyptian sun disc was discovered in 1950 carved into a cliff. The carving featured the outline of a chariot, showing one of its wheels.

Near Bowen carvings were found on rocks which looked like Egyptian hieroglyphs.

A scarab beetle carved from onyx was dug up near the Neapean River outside Penrith (NSW). Also at Penrith a 50 foot stepped pyramid exists. West of the Blue Mountains (NSW) a similar 'stepped pyramid' to the Gympie example exists. Although constructed of huge granite blocks stands about 100 feet tall.

In the central NSW late last century a cult was recorded among the aboriginals who worshipped a sky being called Biame. The soul judging functions of Biame were parallel to those Thoth who in Egyptian mythology conducted the spirits to Osiris, The god of the Dead, for judgement.

Beside the Hawkesbury River, very old aboriginal rock art depicts strange visitors to the continent, including people looking like Egyptians.

Aboriginal tribes of the NW Kimberley's still worship a mother-goddess identical to that once worshipped by Gympie district tribes and which resembles that of ancient middle east peoples. Kimberley tribes also include some groups bearing apparent middle east racial features and speak many ancient Egyptian words in their language.

In 1931 in the N.W. Kimberley's, Prof. A. P. Elkin, Professor of Anthropology at Sydney University came upon a tribe of Aborigines who had not met a white man before. The professor was astounded when tribal elders greeted him with Ancient Secret masonic hand signs. He was struck by the startling sematic features present in the natives. He discovered the Aborigines worshipped the sun. They also had an earth mother and Rainbow Serpent Cult. Later he discovered many of the words spoken were of Egyptian origin. This is the area of the famous Wandjina Cave Art. According to legend the Wanjina came from across the Indian Ocean in great vessels.

There are photos in the link for everyone's perusal.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Lordy not this again. It was first seen in the 70's and the ranger saw more glyphs appearing over a five year period. They are modern vandalism. He eventually caught the guy red handed doing it.
The glyphs are just copied, they make no sense. They have no story. Ancient Egyptian scribes were meticulous.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Please read my above comments...

You'll understand why the glyphs are not proven to be a hoax.

It is an interesting case whereby they are neither proven or dis-proven to be a hoax. It is a matter for debate, but no one wants to actually analyse the evidence and talk about it for some reason. People are just happy to assume that they are fake.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

They are a proven hoax. Period.

And I don't read crystalinks when sourced, sorry. I'd rather read astrology, its less codswallop.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

They are a proven hoax. Period.

And I don't read crystalinks when sourced, sorry. I'd rather read astrology, its less codswallop.

Well, why don't you provide me with said proof?

At least i gave sources.
And at least Crystallinks analyses the content deeper than any official source would bother to do. Yeah, it's not the most reliable of sources, but if you conduct research, you'll find that a lot of what they say can be verified.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
What exactly do you base your "seems to be based on ignorance" on? Considering that you have gathered your knowledge sporadically from the work of those who actually have provided you with the information and "facts".

It seems to me that you're making your seems up based on ignorance.

Actually my "seems" aren't based on ignorance. Had you taken the time to actually understand my post you would notice im referring to mainstream sciences willfully ignoring any information that does not support the currently held view.

The sciences have developed an attitude of "if it does not fit into the accepted version and cant be explained away, then it must be something else".

Most famous pyramids from different civilizations have been created during different periods of time. Why do you claim the opposite?
There wouldn't be anything strange about two civilizations doing it at the same time either, though.

What are the odds that 2+ civilizations, whom never had any contact with each other according to the currently accepted theory, developed the same?
* - Mathematics
* - Design, size and layout.
* - Celestial Observation
* - Orion's belt layout

The layout of the Giza pyramid complex in Egypt can also be seen in the Teotihuacán pyramid complex. The layout was not a technological discovery. What are the odds that 2 different civilizations will use the almost exact same layout design?

They both mimic Orion's belt.. Again not a technological advancement.

We have Islam to thank for advanced mathematics... Who do the Mayans / new world cultures have for their advancement?

And you're the one dismissing the "facts"?

Dismissing - No
Questioning and skeptical - Yes

Besides, science seems to be doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing. When information comes to light that challenges the facts it should be researched. Instead its ignored.

Xcathdra:
I find it suspicious that we don't know our own history

?
If a discovery is made that challenges current thinking, and is "dismissed" instead of being explored, one has to ask the question why.
Why is it so bad to constantly review and update our history?
Why is it bad to explore the possibilities of an ancient global civilization?
Why is it wrong to explore the theory of the Sphinx.

The quest is to research our history, to know where we came from and move forward from there. In these cases the sciences seem to be going out of their way to make sure we don't explore / know our history.

Xcathdra: and even more suspicious when we find information that challenges the accepted theories only to find that information and the people pushing it blacklisted.

The above 3 question marks could have been avoided by reading the information in its entirety instead of peacemealing it out.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   

read the archaeological report.
www.diggings.com.au...

and no dice I will ever engage in a crystalinks debate, you're on your own there friend
total waste of time.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz

read the archaeological report.
www.diggings.com.au...

and no dice I will ever engage in a crystalinks debate, you're on your own there friend
total waste of time.

While i must thank you for providing some proof, i am unable to read it because my computer lacks a specific program

What type of file is it?

As for crystalinks, i think they done a good job at analysing the content, and gathering information relating to Egypt/Australia connections. Whether you want to read them or not is your own loss.

Further, in regards to the Gosford site, did they ever come to the conclusion of who made that shaft? Because i doubt that some hoaxer would get in there and dig a near perfect shaft, just for #s and giggles.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

Here is a news report from December 2012.

But Professor Ockinga, who first saw the inscriptions 20 years ago, says there are many reasons why they are not accepted as genuine hieroglyphics.

"First of all the way they're cut is not the way ancient Egyptian rock inscriptions are produced, they're very disorganised," he said.

"There's no way people would've been inscribing texts from the time of Cheops from the signs that weren't invented until 2500 years later.

The Macquarie University Professor, along with many others, has his own explanation for the mysterious inscriptions. Professor Boyo Ockinga says it is likely the engravings were made in the 1920s, when there was widespread interest in ancient Egypt after the discovery of the Tomb of Tutankhamun. He says this was also around the same time many Australian soldiers, who were stationed in Egypt, had come back from the First World War. "We have other instances of Australian soldiers having carved, Egyptianising objects in the Kurringai National Park near Sydney," he said.

www.abc.net.au...

So going by the professor it was more than likely the work of returned soldiers. Here is a photo of some ancient egyptian work by diggers near Sydney after WW1.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join