It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is my Bluetooth hurting me? I think it is....please read..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
So I was at my local hardware store today..

Being a maintenance Technician/lead I go there a lot..

With 35 years experience as a painter I'm pretty sure I know what things on a building are called..

when I got to the check out line to order my Casing piece..

I could not remember what it was called..

I was like. "you know guys, the molding around a door jamb"....

but I could not remember what it was called..

it started to scare me... then a guy out in the shop area was like.

"you need a casing Bob? "

And I was like .."yea, that's it..DOH!!

Then I read this..

www.electricsense.com...

Conclusion on Bluetooth radiation– are Head Sets Dangerous? The frequency power of Bluetooth wireless headsets is the same as that of microwave ovens. Microwave ovens use much higher power levels. But the power levels themselves are not the issue. Its the rate of change of the EMFs, the pulsing, that causes most of the biological damage. Bluetooth radiation is dangerous.

I have been wearing a Bluetooth ear piece for over a year now..

I get calls all day long and it just seemed the best way to go..

Here in Washington state you can't talk and drive..

so i figured just get a Bluetooth ear piece..

what do you all think?

I feel kind of scared to wear it now....
edit on 4-6-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That web site is full of interesting pseudo-scientific data, which is every bit as dependable as that which you can get from bibliotecleyapades or educate-yourself.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Alright then..

here is another source...

www.wisegeek.org...

find a source to make me feel better...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by Bedlam

Alright then..

here is another source...

www.wisegeek.org...

find a source to make me feel better...

You'll note that they don't really say anything, though.

No one's ever been able to show that "electrosensitivity" is anything but self-deception. It strongly correlates to being told something's transmitting, and has no correlation to whether it actually is.

And like your second cite states, the evidence is very contradictory.

I doubt that it's got anything to do with you forgetting a word. Welcome to getting older. I don't use BT (my ears don't fit them - they either hurt like blazes or fall out) and rarely use a cell phone, mainly because I can't use one at work. Yet, occasionally I'll lock up on relatively common words or people's names that I know, I just can't extract them from memory for a few seconds.

I find it's worse if I'm tired, or ate a lot of carbs. I work on/with really high powered radar and radio rigs, and I don't sit around and drool after a session at work.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
When I used to talk on my old phone ,it seemed to pound into my head,even if it wasn't loud. I would forget how to speak . Couldn't think of words. I will only talk on speaker phone now.

Also ,there's a type of Mic for radios . The kind of radios the police use .walkie talkie type .
You have a Mic with a coiled cable . You attach the coil to the radio in your holster, on your hip . Then clip the Mic on your shirt lapel .
You just key the Mic to speak .its like directly next to your ear,and you don't have to hold the radio
I know of two guys who worked for the emergency medical service , who used these ,who ended up with brain tumors .
There is something to this . There may be no studies ,but I would get rid of the blue tooth .

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Yes, I understand no one is really sure of the data on these.

but I still feel we need to do more studies..

would make me feel better...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Personally, I've always thought that Bluetooth was the wrong solution to this problem anyway. FM would have been a much better solution; and, in fact, you can get FM transmitters for your cellphone. I forget what they're called, but when I briefly used a smart-er phone (than I have now), that's what I used. (I could look it up, but I'm both too lazy and violating my bedtime.)

If you're concerned, it's probably worth your time to look into it....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I have to ask,has this happened to you only the once? Because that type of forgetfulness,where a word just won't come into your mind,has been happening to me for almost 2 years now.I have never worn a headset,I hardly even talk on a cell in the regular way,I'm a person who hates nattering on a cell.The only times a cell even comes near my head,is if I have to remind my husband of something,which takes hardly a minute.I don't think I talk on a cell longer than 15 minutes in a month,and that's being generous in my calculation.Yet some days,I'll be standing in front of the stove+forget what it's called.Other days I will be mentally as spry as I always was.One piece of advice you may want to consider,don't underestimate the value of a sufficient breakfast to counteract the effects of low blood sugar levels.That is important,even just a cheese+tomato sandwich+a cup of tea is better than nothing,fruit+yogurt is better even.And in case you're using those energy drinks like Red Bull,do'nt depend on them for energy-rather have a healthy snack/100 percent pure fruit juice for an energy boost.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
I have to ask,has this happened to you only the once? Because that type of forgetfulness,where a word just won't come into your mind,has been happening to me for almost 2 years now.

Actually, no. I started having it happen about 45. I know what something is, or who someone is, just can't resolve the word for it for a few seconds. It's a Broca's area issue. I can pop off a dozen synonyms just can't get the word I want. And when it's happening, there's a group of words I consistently can't access, so I keep them in mind for a test - if I can't retrieve the word "articulate" for example, I know it's going to be one of those days. It's familial - my Dad's family tends to do this, and as one of my cousins once said - "every time I do that I'm convinced I'm getting Alzheimer's"

I'll be standing in front of the stove+forget what it's called.Other days I will be mentally as spry as I always was.

Oddly, it's generally only common words I forget. I can get the three dollar ones and I can do math with no issues. It's "pumpkin" or "articulate" or the like that I block on, or I can't remember Dan Aykroyd's name.

edit on 5-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Easy fix :

Stop using Blue tooth.

The first easy idea I have ever encountered was, to use an elastic cord and hold your cell against your ear with it.

Et voilà

There are easier solutions though

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by baddmove

Personally, I've always thought that Bluetooth was the wrong solution to this problem anyway. FM would have been a much better solution; and, in fact, you can get FM transmitters for your cellphone. I forget what they're called, but when I briefly used a smart-er phone (than I have now), that's what I used. (I could look it up, but I'm both too lazy and violating my bedtime.)

If you're concerned, it's probably worth your time to look into it....

O.K. I will look into that..

maybe a bit safer....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Actually, the interference of cell phones and wireless with the brain is well known. The big thing is that it is not permanent damage and that it shouldn't be enough to endanger a person. Wireless signals are all around us now, whether you own a cell phone or not, and they do interfere with brainwaves. Nobody denies that, cell phone providers just state that their product is no worse than other forms of signals if used properly.

There are a lot of reasons for forgetting the casing or brickmoldings name, you did not say whether it was inside or out. It doesn't have to be the bluetooth. When I get low on salt I experience that. I can think of twenty different reasons in nutrition alone with those symptoms. You could have just had a brain fart also.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

No one's ever been able to show that "electrosensitivity" is anything but self-deception. It strongly correlates to being told something's transmitting, and has no correlation to whether it actually is.

If that is your current understanding, then perhaps you haven't read Electric UFOs by Albert Budden yet. Well worth a read.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golden Rule

Originally posted by Bedlam

If that is your current understanding, then perhaps you haven't read Electric UFOs by Albert Budden yet. Well worth a read.

You should read the many papers that have been generated by people trying to prove or disprove 'electrosensitivity'. So far, it's placebo effect 37+, actual effect 0. linky
edit on 5-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Just more elelectro magnetic radiation,like the basket ball sized field eminating from your cell phone when you use it.
There has been no testing done to examine long term effects ,that could be bad for business.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
There are lots of more common reasons for forgetting things, the most obvious is simply growing older. Additionally, you're a painter, so you are exposed to a lot of fumes, which is far worse for your memory than your blue-tooth. Sleep has a big effect on memory, and sleep generally gets worse with age as well.

I'm not saying that its a good idea to be exposed to all that EMF all the time, but I don't think that it would manifest as a problem with memory.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

It can be so vexing.i will ask my daughter to bring something from the fridge,eg.But i forget the word fridge,so i ask,"oh just bring me this or that from the appliance that keeps stuff cold"
No problem with "appliance",but a l'il word like fridge

edit on 6-6-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I started having seizures about two years ago out of the blue , no known cause. The only thing I can think of, two years ago I got my first cellphone, an Iphone

The thing in settings to turn on to help for a hearing aid, will stop the technology that cuts out back ground noise.
Others have issues to with the back ground noise blocker, the way the mics have to sync, affects some people, with headaches and strange sensations. I turned it on , and that stopped.

Now I am trying speaker to see if the seizures stop. could be Coincidence, but I have to find out as it was about the same time.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm no scientist. Many scientists have studied EMFs for years with no conclusive proof, so who am I to say what is true or not.

Keep in mind that Bluetooth is a pretty new technology (History of Bluetooth) so they can't be really sure of the long term effects of Bluetooth...

We live in a wireless environment, and it's no secret that these devices operate at microwave frequencies but "within acceptable safe levels"... My common sense tells me that I shouldn't stick something that can have the same effect as a microwave oven next to my face for long periods of time... Not a good idea.

Personally I'm not going to take that gamble. It's easy enough to get away from it. If you have to use a headset, get a Class 3 device, or at the most a Class 2 device. Getting the Bluetooth device away from your face is a better plan. Get one of the sets that clip to your belt/shirt with simply wired earphones that go into your ear. If you want to go really green: Look into Natural Wood or Airtube earpieces.

Also - from a fashion point of view: Bluetooth earpieces that stick directly onto your ear and make you look like a Madonna shoop-shoop girl is very unfashionable. You may not know this, but whenever you walk down the street chatting away into your Bluetooth earpiece, people are calling you a "dork" as you pass them.

All that said - as others have said in the thread: I strongly doubt your lapse in terminology can be accredited to your Bluetooth device. Getting old can do that to us all. If it feels like you are having more and more "brain farts" add some fish (Omega 3 oils/fats), nuts or vitamin B supplements to your diet. Brainfood. Not just for Zombies.

edit on 6-6-2013 by Gemwolf because: Missing word

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Just like lead in petrol, wifi and bluetooth will come out to be worse. From tinitus to alzheimers wifi is responsible. Dont take my word for it just search "mobile phones cook popcorn" on youtube,doh

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join