It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people drink beer?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

As long as it has better weather lol, pity though to get a work permit I would have to have a job already..

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yeah I hear yuh. I know quite a few people from The UK that have moved out here for work and they needed a permit, but verified employment beforehand as well.

Weather out here is the same as yours in winter, but many days in the summer are in the 90's and sometimes well above 100 degrees. ~$heopleNation

edit on 5-6-2013 by SheopleNation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Made my living selling the wonderful suds till I fell ill.

Anybody knocking beer for taste or whatever is more than likely an agent of the female group whom hates the boys in the basement with a Two Four watching hockey.

If you really want to try disgusting go ahead and try some Tofu and while your at it have some tasteless sparkling mineral water with it.

Me, I will be in the basement sucking back a Cold Canadian while I watch the NHL Playoffs.

If you don't understand why beer is so good for you and so tasty then you will never know in the first place.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I love my caramel colored brews, they make me so Hoppy. Miller Lite, Corona and Budweiser are not beer in my opinion. Craft beers are making a huge comeback in the U.S. and I am thankful for it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Don't like beer, eh?
MORE FOR ME! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman
why do people drink beer?

I only sipped it a couple of times 20+ years ago.

Why do people drink it like water?

Because it's beer.

It grows on you.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

It's a good time!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Why do I drink beer? Because it makes me feel better. It really does up to a point. The catch is if I drink several I can feel pretty good that night. If I don't stop myself after somewhere between 5 to 9 beers during an evening, it's possible I won't sleep as good and might be sleepy the next day. If I drink more than 9 I might even have a hangover.

Sometimes after drinking about 4 or 5 beers, I get a sensation of super speed where my mind and reflexes are both clear and moving fast. That's when I like to play arcade games and get the number one score. Of course if I play an arcade machine for over an hour, the effect from the beer will wear off. The feeling I had was similar to a runners high feeling so maybe it is related. I had to bicycle about 45 minutes to an hour at a moderate to fast speed to experience the runners high. That feeling can be addictive too.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I have never understood how anyone could like the taste, to me it seems like a stale taste! Over the years, people have made fun of me because I am from German ancestry!
I always wondered if beer drinkers started out not liking it but did it because it was 'cool' and they eventually acquired a taste for it.
Well, that's my take on it, I will stick to my Coca-Cola!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Wine is to strong in ALC % and hard liquor is poison? Sorry. No answer here. I drink 240oz of Bud every week.. No beer belly and my youthful appearance gets me carded a lot.. Come to think of it wine nowadays is poison too unless you make it yourself.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by wulff
I have never understood how anyone could like the taste, to me it seems like a stale taste! Over the years, people have made fun of me because I am from German ancestry!
I always wondered if beer drinkers started out not liking it but did it because it was 'cool' and they eventually acquired a taste for it.
Well, that's my take on it, I will stick to my Coca-Cola!

If you can drink your own piss, you can drink beer.

Edit: Beer tends to be the gateway to hard alcohol.
edit on 5-6-2013 by TruthSeekersRUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Seeing the thread title, I expected an immediate turn to the biggest flame war the internet hads ever seen, and after reading a few posts, well, i'm pleasantly surprised at the light nature of replies LOL. But seriously, this hits close to home for a lot of people!

I've had plenty of beer in my day. The past year, very little, as my son was born juat over a year ago, not a big fan of sleep until the past few weeks finally, I work a ton of hours, have a ton of projects around the house, and generally get about 4 hours of sleep a night - not leaving room for the grogginess of even a few beers. So i've knocked back a total of maybe a 12-pack in 12 months. Prior to that, i'd have a beer while grilling dinner, and beyond that, did most of my "real" drinking on special occasions (night out of a birthday, wedding, etc.) or a weekend night in the summer, where we would typically put down many, many...maaaannny brews over the course of the day and night (and maintain, not act like amateur 14 year olds.)

But...its not about the quantity, its about the quality, the intricacies, the joy of connoisseuring. You can sip a beer and have your senses awash in another time and place. The fields where the wheat, barley, hops, and sources of minute flavoring ngredients like lemon zest, raspberry, maple, are grown, the abbey where the monks.go about their days tending to their lambics, the Germans, Irish, Scots, and English brewing up batches of the same recipe their antecedents brewed 500+ years ago. The finely-tuned processes, the varied yasts performing their own tasks in the alchemical processes. All of this can be the primary thoughts, at the forefront as you enjoy a fine brew on a beautiful day, or the inherent background tapestry clearing a path for the mind to unwind. The light buzz even a single good beer can bring, if you pay attention and FEEL. The same also weaves a nice canvas on which to paint an experience, conversation, or a few moments of bonding with one's guard lowered just a bit.

Beer can also be worthless, tasteless, and used as a tool of negativity. Angry drunks, sad drunks, reckless drunks. Drunks using alcohol regularly in an attempt to escape themselves. Beer can be an incredible, unfiltered Belgian Ale, an expression of a fine art which can be consumed, tasted, smelled, seen, and felt. It can also be one shotgun can of Miller Lite after another. Devoid of any real human arts, lacking in taste and complexity, rubber-stamped by machines at a factory to be churned out as quickly and cheaply as possible. In most cases, a tool of little more than intoxication - and an ineffective one at that. Don't get me wrong, anything from a light buzz to dull-bore hammered is perfectly fine, as long as you handle it right, for the right reasons, and know that there is a right time and place.

Others have mentioned the nutrition. Beer was used for centuries more for its status as long-storage, "liquid bread" - potent sustenance in lean times, whether momentary, seasonal, or longer-term. In short, if chosen right and used right, its yummy, and its good for the mind, body, and soul.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
How about you try some different beers. There are thousands upon thousands of different flavors of beer.

Why do people drink beer?

Really? Because it makes you feel good.

Being that the question posed gathered this much attention (including mine due to it being on the front page) makes me question how mature the community at ATS really is.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

It grows on you. At first, as a kid, you have to chug it down, over and over and over again, to start liking it, then later as an adult, especially if you're Canadian, it's just the perfect thing. It's a strange phenomenon beer and you're right to raise this issue.

Cheers!

NAM

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
why do people drink wine? i cant stand it it taste sour and horrible, but beer....i could drink a thousand, and ive even tried a few times. Might be an australian thing, we like our beer here down under, its so damn hot that the only remedy in summer is a ice cold beer after a day at work, or watching sport, or working in the yard, or cause its the weekend, or cause its a weekday,

all fine reasons to drink beer. People who dont drink beer think its all the same, there are so many varieties, my local special beer supplier has over 500 different beers in stock from all around the world.

Beer is like any alchohol, its an aquired taste.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
If this topic doesn't call all the other trolls...

Being a scotch person myself - beer is a very cheap alternative to getting liquored up. Glass of beer with a shot of booze in it equals a cheap buzz. That is my reason to drinking beer.

Beer reminds me of pee. The premium beer reminds me of premium pee. The beer with an orange slice on the glass, yup, orange slice pee.

A tumbler of room temp scotch is Divine. I like my scotch like I like my women.

...aged 21 years - sickos for thinking of anything less.

Troll +1.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Sure, I like 21 year old Scotch, but only wealthy, exploiting, capitalist, running dog, leech, bankers can afford it.

A tumbler of room temp scotch is Divine. I like my scotch like I like my women.

...aged 21 years - sickos for thinking of anything less.
You drink it by the tumbler? See first comment.

You like your Scotch room temperature. Are you saying that's how you like your women?

And you're calling us sickos, sheesh.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Mmmm...

Beer, bacon, and cheese.

What more could a person possibly need in life ?!

My favourite is Keith's Red Amber Ale... it originates from the Canadian Maritimes. It's a nice medium dark ale that has a yummy woodsy aftertaste. Ice cold ale in a frosty mug on a hot summer day with a couple of steaks on the bbq... Life just doesn't get any better than that.

You won't catch me drinking any of that yellow piss stuff.

But my absolute favourite poison is Crown Royal with a splash of gingerale over ice.

Why anyone would drink rotten grapes (wine) is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Lol, yes I prefer my women lukewarm instead of cold as ice.

I found a local store that sold the johnny walker sampler packs for 60 bucks. I can buy 4 of them and have over 300 bucks worth of scotch. Being a poor SOB, I can only do that after my tax return.

I'll go the barely legal route and settle for black label on many occasions.

Most of the time, its beer and/or malt liquor. Toss in a few milliliters of booze, you should be golden.

That is why people drink beer. It's cheap and it'll get you F'd up.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Purified water is delicious. A nice hearty lager and a glass of tap water is divine.

edit on 6-6-2013 by mehefit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join