It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people drink beer?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
wow this is depressing..I love beer, but I started to get a beer belly so I had to tone it down to not drinking in the week..This thread is killing me...I want a beeer sooo badd...Just so nice, and cold going down and smooth..that's it fk it..I'm getting a beer after work..shh

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I drink beer because it makes me better looking and makes the women at the bar more tolerable.

Seriously though, my introduction to beer was a case of Colt 45 with some friends during the summer I was headed to high school. It's not what I would call a great place to start! Beer is definitely an acquired taste but don't let that first bad experience put you off.

I personally like the Belgians the best but they're on the higher end of alcohol content and the most expensive (at least where I live). If you like fruity things then try the Samuel Smith Organic Strawberry or Organic Rasberry. They're called fruit ales and they're very well made...and great on a hot summer day. From there you can make your way to a Cherry Wheat or even to a Hoegaarden with a slice of orange. It's all about easing your way into the beer world. Once you get your feet on the ground there the rest don't seem nearly as bad.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaSempre

yeaa I remmeber back when i was 15 ish Drinking 40's of OLD E and Colt 45..ewh so gross now a days, but that stuff was like red bull and gave me wings haha. when I turned 18-19 I stepped my game up had a job and can afford the good stuff, I prefer European beer!.. I'm 24 now and never had an Old E or Colt 45 since then
and don't plan to again

edit on 5-6-2013 by live2beknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why do I drink beer? Because I like it. A nice cold Shiner Bock, or even a Miller High Life tastes good to me on a hot day. There are a lot of things that people like that I don't like, it's just their personal tastes.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
One simply does not drink A BEER.

the point of drinking beer is the alcoholic effect not the taste. Most beer drinkers acquired the taste while getting drunk .

There are some who get wrapped up on the taste but after a few beers you can't taste it so again it is about getting drunk

Reasons why people drink.

10. Peer pressure

9. helps people lower their standards.

8. Helps some people become more "outgoing" and "cool"

8. Gives white guys the courage to dance.

7. Helps you think that you can dance.

7. Helps make some people more interesting

6. Helps ugly people get laid.

5. beer goggles that turn a 2 into an 8

4. Helps you forget you took a 2 home.

3. Beer is better than a woman

2. cheaper than gas.

1. It's the only reason to wake up in the afternoon.

I don't usually drink, but If I do I drink blue moon for its bitter taste.

That usually only happens when my brother talks me into gaming drunk for fun.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diabolical

Personally, it looks like urine.

And it taste nasty.

Plus, it does nothing.

So, I would like to know the same thing.

I have no clue.

Gotta stop drinking that budwieser.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I guess it's an acquired taste. I used to not like beer because I drank bud light and coors and all those piss beers. Once I expanded my taste for beer I have fallen in love with a lot of really good beers. My question would be why do people like those piss beers.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I can give about five or six good reasons medically to drink beer. Much of the benefits disappear after drinking more than three beers though.

I can say that for most people, having one or two beers a day is good. There is a lot more to it than the government and medical industry want us to know. Actually, a big part of it is because of the minerals in hopps. The other part is the vitamins and chemistry created by the brewers yeast.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
One simply does not drink A BEER.

Really? I do. I like one cold beer with my chips and salsa before some good Mexican food. Has nothing to do with getting a buzz, or I would just order a shot of tequila.

the point of drinking beer is the alcoholic effect not the taste.

Wrong again, it's the taste and the sting that I like. Nothing wrong with a good beer buzz every now and then though.

Most beer drinkers acquired the taste while getting drunk .

That could be true, but not in every case.

I don't usually drink, but If I do I drink blue moon for its bitter taste.

Bitter? Blue Moon has a sweet taste. After about 2 I am done. Oh well, different strokes for different folks the saying goes.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I am German, it is in my genes!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Blue Moon the Phoenix brewery ale? If so cracking stuff but have you tried their White monk?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Yup I went to the San Francisco brewing company a few years back and at the time I ran an award winning real ale pub and wow some of those beers were amazing.
I remember one called Liberty Ale and that is in my top 10, I get it imported now.

Yep, I know the beer, it is very good. Frisco has a lot of great breweries and pubs full of great beers. HE'BREW Genesis Ale is another great beer from San Francisco. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Blue Moon Brewery, Colorado USA. It's a Belgian style White ale. Must be a different Blue Moon you were referring to, sorry. Nah, I have not. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin

Originally posted by bigcountry08

try a half & half ( half Guinness, half IPA) its a religious experience.

That sir is known as a 'Black n Tan'

Also known as not all that impressive. I had it once, was not impressed at all. Then again, I'm not much for hoppy beers.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MaMaa

Try half a Guinness with a bottle of gold label (barley wine) in
wonder beer
my record was 6 before passing out lol
edit on 5-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Ok, What I am about to inform all you Beer lovers out there about is above top secret. Yes, I am about to reveal what I, and many others, consider to be the #1 Beer in the entire World! It's called Blanche de Chambly. Yeah I know, Sounds like Champagne, but hold on just yet.

It's actually a Belgian style Medieval White Ale. It even has a Castle on the front, which is kind of cool too. Anyway, it's taste is not your typical Belgian type of beer, so don't sell yourself short even if you dislike typical Belgian white ales. Oh no, this one is closer to a German Hefeweizen, but like the best one that you have ever had in your entire life.

I have tried beers from all over the World, and this to me is the best one out of them all. It's brewed in Canada, and I am American. So you know it's good! This was also the very first Belgian Style white ale ever brewed in North America. ~$heopleNation

Blanche de Chambly

edit on 5-6-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Yup it is very very good, they also used to do a dark version I think a little stronger.

Ruddy heck I only have Becks in the fridge at the moment....grrrr

Edit that Iam thinking of another belgian beer, similar name and bottle brewed by monks...forget the name though.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Believe it or not, All I got is 1 bottle of the Blue Moon stuff that I thought you were referring to (so burned out on that beer), a few Sierra Nevada Pale Ales, and a couple of Guinnes black Lagers.

I bet their black lager pisses you boys off over there eh? I understand. I am tired of it, and that's why it's still in my fridge. Same with the blue moon. The only reason The Sierra Nevada is left is because it's hot out here in California and I prefer dark pale ales in the colder months. ~$heopleNation

edit on 5-6-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Never even heard of it TBH, I have had the Nigerian Guinness that is 8.5% wicked stuff

I have often thought of coming over to the states working as a Bar cellerman etc, got a degree level NVQ in bar management...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You should my friend. Up here in Northern California there are places that you could find good work all over the place. ~$heopleNation

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join