It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people drink beer?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Originally posted by Diabolical

Personally, it looks like urine.

And it taste nasty.

Plus, it does nothing.

So, I would like to know the same thing.

I have no clue.

I second that. I refer to it as piss water. I think people have been duped into drinking beer. I think we have a conspiracy here!

Thats cos' American beer IS piss water

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Beer is the second greatest gift to mankind.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by idmonster

So is most generic brands of beer...Fosters,Carling etc but If you look you will find great beers all over the world.
I drank a few pints of a beer called Lemon Dream by the Salopian Brewery, best beer I have had all year. Problem is they can only brew so much so when It hits the pumps it is gone in 30 mins. (thats why I bought 5 pints at once
)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Cause everyone else is doing it!

Now if you will excuse me I have a Bridge that my mother warned me about that all my friends and I will be jumping from as well!
edit on 5-6-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by idmonster

So is most generic brands of beer...Fosters,Carling etc but If you look you will find great beers all over the world.
I drank a few pints of a beer called Lemon Dream by the Salopian Brewery, best beer I have had all year. Problem is they can only brew so much so when It hits the pumps it is gone in 30 mins. (thats why I bought 5 pints at once
)

yup, Spirits at the bar....home brew for beer.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Beer is gross.

I prefer wine.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
If you didn't know.....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
There's nothing quite as satisfying as that 1 or 2 beers, after a day of work; especially, on an empty stomach. I love feeling that rush of carbs and alcohol hitting the blood at the same. Its not enough to get me drunk, just enough to loosen me up. It only works if I drink the craft beer, though. No piss water for me, thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My favorite saying is "if you don't like it, you probably didn't have it made correctly"

domestic beers aren't beer, there alcohol water. My first beer was a warm Busch and it turned me off to beer for 7 years, then one night i went out to the bar after work and one of the guys bought me a Molson. I tried it out of being polite and i loved it since then i have gotten further into beer and love trying all sorts of micro brews.

try a half & half ( half Guinness, half IPA) its a religious experience.

Also if you don't like beer your probably not a bitter foods person, I love the taste of rapini, radicchio, coffee, etc.
edit on 5-6-2013 by bigcountry08 because: cause.....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Because it's delicious, and nutritious, hydrating (yes-hydrating, contrary to pop medicine), healthy, and not all sugar?
And relaxing as well.

Used to be, though, that it was because raw water was unsafe....
now, it's recreation

or self-medication
-but necessary for many who can't afford medical care.

Just a response to the OP, haven't read the thread yet.
S/F, though!
~w

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mythots

It makes a room full of strangers your best friend that you love dearly.
It also makes you glad you have no idea who they are the next morning.

But more important then anything else.
Beer make women's clothing fall off.

"You've had some of the best times, you'll never remember with me.....Al Cohol!"

I'm really surprised to see so many of my pals on this thread!! I don't come here often. Saw it on "new-hot topics" just had to join in. While you all enjoy the music, I'm going to get another beer....seriously.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Nope, still waiting for that "acquired taste" to kick in. My dad guzzles it down like its honey. I said i do not like the taste, not hating on alcohol.
edit on 6/5/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)
I hear you. Perhaps you should try the several varieties of it out in the market
Never know which one might appeal your taste if thats a factor. Many times, its the wrong product for the wrong person can lead to 'bad taste in the mouth'.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I've been through several phases with beer. Most recently, I went all out as far as microbrews/craft beers go. I tried really hard to enjoy them, but... beer just tastes disgusting. It could be a stout, a pale ale, a hefeweizen, it doesn't matter. It tastes gross, doesn't accompany any food well (nor does ANY alcohol), and the buzz sucks.

Beer is for people too scared to really have a good time.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Personally, I drink 2-3 beers to improve my horseshoe throwing skills.
Works every time!.

Oh, and helps with the quick response to the trash talking as well.

link   
reply to post by hp1229

Yup when I ran a real ale pub many people (normally the ladies) would say to me "No I do not like the taste of beer" and I used to always have a couple of Ales I knew they would like, gone are the days of brown bitter and now many brews are light coloured refreshing sweet ales.
Real Ale is still alive, still working in the barrel and so the ingredients do not include preservatives that many generic brands have in and thus you are drinking a pure natural product which does wonders for you, helps digestion, cleans the kidneys (If you do not overdo it) lowers blood pressure and without those preservatives you tend to not get a hangover.

link   
reply to post by sqorpius

It's like coffee, an acquired taste. I always ask people, when discussing beer or coffee, the very first time that you tried either, did you like the taste? Invariably, the answer is no. Smoking....the same way. I think it's all about peer pressure.

Nah, not necessarily about 'peer pressure'.

I first tried coffee at the tender age of 8 or so, in the church 'parish hall', because after the service, that's all they served. Those old white-haired ladies.

Had to start with milk and sugar. You outgrow that part.
First time I had beer was on a family camping trip - Dad opened a can of Coors (yes, Coors) after driving all day - and proceeded to get the tent erected for us to sleep.
Daddy, can I have a sip?
Sure, honey!

Never looked back.
And I happen to LIKE the watery, carbonated, ice-cold "non-artisan" type! It's great!!!

I prefer it over plain water, carbonated soda-water, and "soft drinks" -
plus, it helps me de-stress and sleep. AND, I'm very hilarious when I'm drinking and relaxing......
Can't you tell?

edit on 5-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think people like beer because so many alcoholic drinks are sweet in nature, nice to have a savory stout!

Beer!

Damn...just after noon here, should I have one? hrmmm...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

GO FOR IT! As long as you're somewhere safe and don't have to drive or work.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I don't like just any ol beer, I like good beer! Crap like Coors, Bud, Corona, ect.. are just crap piss water. I am lucky that where I live we have an abundance of small local breweries all over the place. A good beer is similar in complexity to many wines. At the moment I'm a big fan of this imperial stout at this little brewery downtown. In the summer the seasonal fruity beers are good too! I do love a good beer, but I am very picky as to what I consider a 'good' beer.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08

try a half & half ( half Guinness, half IPA) its a religious experience.

That sir is known as a 'Black n Tan'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join