It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REALLY big questions: Why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by greyer

I think "god" is a very loose term for what they might find in their search. "God" implies a consciousness, whereas I suspect the truth is more along the lines of a random code generator, where an infinite number of attempts will yield an infinite number of random codes dictating a reality that may or may not survive under the laws it is arbitrarily assigned as a result of the process. And due to our relative ignorance we have no idea whether this particular universe is a success, or just a long-lived failure...or even just a tiny, vague blip on the vast radar of the multiverse.

I agree with this because all we have is particle energy and magnetism, but it is created in such a sort that might seem unorganized to the trained mind looking at the numbers in relative concern, but the end result is consciousness on earth which is by no means a failure. So if the data looks unorganized we may look further, but I am also suggesting those who say the data is unorganized are part of some egotistical cover up if you will.

Remember that those building blocks account for less than 5% of the functionality from the known universe. We come up 'dark' energy and matter but that will change as we discover more because those are very new terms in definition that is not secret - meaning that we simply don't know in the top levels of science.

The multiple universe theory would account for much more, because out of all the hype we really know only two things in relation to this theory - the universe is now accelerating, and the universe had once been extremely dense without galaxies.

What this means is that the dense cloud of hot plasma and gas shortly after the big bang was most likely from a black hole type of explosion of the whole universe prior to 14 million years ago. This is something that is not denied in mainstream science, but you may nit hear about it is as much because people like to make a point of the big bang. I am saying OK, spirituality and the infinite aspect of the universe does not argue with a start and beginning to this current accelerating universe.

I've described the universe previously as something like a novel written in a language specifically designed for quantum translation. In other words, the universe we see is a chemical translation of a language that transcends our current understanding, and this universe happened to turn out somewhat coherent. The language originates from a lexicon that determines the functions and interactivity of the nuclear and electromagnetic forces that drive our known reality, and this lexicon is determined through the random code generator mentioned above.

Let's call it the "random code generator" theory. There is only one way a watch will work, and there is only one set of forces that can support existence in and of itself. The rest is a mishmash of explosions and sputtering fireworks. An automated cycle of trial and error whose principles are compounded endlessly in a fractal nature. Further speculation could suggest that "ascension" could be the process of our evolution transcending this "language" and formatting itself to the next "translation". It's definitely something to consider.

I too believe in is hidden within our realms of understanding. Looking at the creation of a galaxy, with black hole, quasar, formation of stars in something that is so vast it is unbelievable we can look at it from the outside, ancient celestial galaxies wrapping around the outskirts of the galaxy. 100s of billions of stars that we can look out into that vast space and see that there are 100s of billions of galaxies accelerating which contain this unimaginable vast space. That we can see it started for sure which challenges theologian, but the theologian and quantum mechanic knows that this creation was designed by way of scientific observation.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Whether you believe that the biblical god created everything just for us, or just that the universe had to have had some kind of intelligent designer, the question is: Why was the universe created?

Some will say that a god loved us, so he created the universe. Well, how could he love something that he hadn't created yet?

What is the purpose of living for all eternity in heaven after we die? If we will no longer experience pain, hate, revenge, envy, jealousy....if these things are stripped away from us then we will no longer be human. So, what is the point of THIS life? If we are here to learn how to overcome negative emotions, only to have those emotions taken away from us, then what is the point of having them in the first place?

If there is an intelligent designer then he definitely had to have a need: maybe he's lonely, maybe he needs soldiers in a war in heaven, I dunno, but just the mere fact that a god needed to create us proves that he's not perfect.

I'm just saying that none of the god theories make any sense.

edit on 6/4/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Do you still feel low JiggerJ? Have a cup of water, go with me killing bugs bunny in the Woods and let us drive home.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Do you still feel low JiggerJ? Have a cup of water, go with me killing bugs bunny in the Woods and let us drive home.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Hi jigger, my friend.

No one responded to my heartfelt words in Hollywood says "too gay" thread. So, I shall post it here.

+ + +

"This morning I was thinking of everyone replying to this thread. Even though we disagree, I know God is working on you. Why would you continue on...? Why take the time to even post one comment? My heartfelt advise.

Study the faith. Search with Catholic apologetics typed in first, then questions you have. Why?

The last fifteen years in my reading prophecy, the messages from Heaven say the Remnant is Roman Catholic.

God wants everyone to believe the same. The Protestant prophetic point to the faith, less explicit because of denial. And of late, the Protestant messages speak of the Eucharist~! Jesus is getting everyone ready to accept the faith during or to follow, after the worldwide "awakening."

The catechism is kind of difficult, it is on the Net to read if you like. Read the English translation of the first Bible, the footnotes help you understand tough verses and help with understanding why the Church teaches what she does. www.drbo.org... Read the lives of the saints. I like to read the life and quotes of the seer from Lourdes, Bernadette Soubirous. Her dear family, she lived in a dump.

And if you can bookmark daily messages from Heaven. Here is one link: www.catholicbinder.com...

Promise me, so important, speak to God every day from now on... And examine your life, ask God the Holy Spirit to help you. Then, from the heart confess your mortal sins to God. Mortal are your serious sins. All the sexual sins are sins against the 6th Commandment. Do not neglect regular Confession, okay? Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession.

Do these two things as a preparation for the day of the Great Warning, this awakening. Actually, for the life of your soul ...daily prayer and regular Confession.

I know I say the above, often.

love,

colbe"

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Oh, poor Colbe. Still fishing for gullible customers. Sorry, I think you'll find we have a very short supply of them around here. See, we tend to live by this motto: deny ignorance. And we tend to take it rather seriously. So if you think you can traipse on in and expect to sell gallons and gallons of your awful snake oil, then think again.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Oh, poor Colbe. Still fishing for gullible customers. Sorry, I think you'll find we have a very short supply of them around here. See, we tend to live by this motto: deny ignorance. And we tend to take it rather seriously. So if you think you can traipse on in and expect to sell gallons and gallons of your awful snake oil, then think again.

You rush to reply in some of my threads and the anti-Christ threads. What can I say... Tee hee.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Cute! And really fits your avatar pic jigger.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Hi jigger, my friend.

No one responded to my heartfelt words in Hollywood says "too gay" thread. So, I shall post it here.

+ + +

"This morning I was thinking of everyone replying to this thread. Even though we disagree, I know God is working on you. Why would you continue on...? Why take the time to even post one comment? My heartfelt advise.

Study the faith. Search with Catholic apologetics typed in first, then questions you have. Why?

The last fifteen years in my reading prophecy, the messages from Heaven say the Remnant is Roman Catholic.

God wants everyone to believe the same. The Protestant prophetic point to the faith, less explicit because of denial. And of late, the Protestant messages speak of the Eucharist~! Jesus is getting everyone ready to accept the faith during or to follow, after the worldwide "awakening."

The catechism is kind of difficult, it is on the Net to read if you like. Read the English translation of the first Bible, the footnotes help you understand tough verses and help with understanding why the Church teaches what she does. www.drbo.org... Read the lives of the saints. I like to read the life and quotes of the seer from Lourdes, Bernadette Soubirous. Her dear family, she lived in a dump.

And if you can bookmark daily messages from Heaven. Here is one link: www.catholicbinder.com...

Promise me, so important, speak to God every day from now on... And examine your life, ask God the Holy Spirit to help you. Then, from the heart confess your mortal sins to God. Mortal are your serious sins. All the sexual sins are sins against the 6th Commandment. Do not neglect regular Confession, okay? Catholics have to do more, they must go to Confession.

Do these two things as a preparation for the day of the Great Warning, this awakening. Actually, for the life of your soul ...daily prayer and regular Confession.

I know I say the above, often.

love,

colbe"

AfterInfinity,

Why don't you ask a positive question about the faith? It is the narrow gate. Ask about prophecy.
Your soul longs for God. I remember being almost like you. I was far from the faith most of my
adult life. My parents died young, no one to guide me and the times too. Do as you please, this is
true freedom. What a crock.

love,

colbe

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

That's because I'm not interested in asking you any questions. I've done it before, never got any good answers. I'm not interested in playing games or beating around the bush with you. Sorry that I am unwilling to indulge you, but you brought that on yourself.

Oh, and I'm sure that you've never been anything like me. You probably mean rebellious or insolent or sinful or something like that. No, I'm just independent. I'm a free thinker. And I intend to stay that way. My soul does not long for a god anymore than it longs for immortality or unending wealth, so don't fool yourself in that regard. My soul longs for the things I need. A god isn't one of them.

Besides...I thought you said it isn't my soul? Then why refer to it as though it is mine?
edit on 11-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by colbe

That's because I'm not interested in asking you any questions. I've done it before, never got any good answers. I'm not interested in playing games or beating around the bush with you. Sorry that I am unwilling to indulge you, but you brought that on yourself.

Oh, and I'm sure that you've never been anything like me. You probably mean rebellious or insolent or sinful or something like that. No, I'm just independent. I'm a free thinker. And I intend to stay that way. My soul does not long for a god anymore than it longs for immortality or unending wealth, so don't fool yourself in that regard. My soul longs for the things I need. A god isn't one of them.

Besides...I thought you said it isn't my soul? Then why refer to it as though it is mine?

Interesting, seriously, AI, you say "I've done it before"...? And..."My soul does not long for a god anymore."

What has brought about your change of belief? Come on, God doesn't change so...

You know what I mean, God made your soul and He gave you free will to decide for Him or not...

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Even though we disagree, I know God is working on you. Why would you continue on...? Why take the time to even post one comment?

Reason: The coffee table was so proud of being a coffee table. All of its life people used it to set their drinks on. Sometimes they put their feet on it, but that's what some people do to sturdy coffee tables. When it grew very old and wobbly someone reached under the coffee table and found a curious latch. When the latch was pulled, however, the top of the coffee table lowered to the floor with its legs pressed against the bottom of the table part. Then the coffee table was hung up on a hook next to a shelf where an iron was resting. The coffee table then realized that for its whole life it had been living a lie, for it was not a coffee table, but an ironing board that people only used as a coffee table. What a waste of a life, the ironing board groaned, but it was too late to be used for what it really was. The ironing board wobbled too much and was thrown out before it had a chance to experience the truth of what it really was.

I don't want people living a total lie. It's a waste of a life that should have been focused on the reality of this world, not some imaginary paradise that has NO proof whatsoever of its existence.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Study the faith. Search with Catholic apologetics typed in first, then questions you have.

Day after day people have hammered you with endless truths and logic, and you glaze over your eyes and refuse to let any of it sink in. In return, you have offered NOTHING with any evidence or logic whatsoever to back up your claims. You have ONE fictional book! JUST ONE!

Study the history of all the gods people have believed in and question why YOUR god would be the one that is really real. Study the nature of man and SEE that we are nothing more than intelligent animals. Study the history of man and SEE how we have done nothing more than what we are capable of as human animals. There's no magic, no miracles, no godly or angelic interventions. No rape has ever been stopped by a god. No cruelty, no war, no crime has ever been thwarted from on high.

Quite the opposite, in your ONE book YOUR god has approved of certain wars, approved of the slaughter of innocent men, women, and children. YOUR god approved of slavery and taught mankind how to treat their slaves. YOUR god flooded the entire world and killed every man, beast, and insect. YOUR god killed all the firstborn of Egypt. The only thing I can say to you is, we should thank god that he isn't real!

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Promise me, so important, speak to God every day from now on...

Promise me, so important, that you read the bible again, only this time do it with the intention of looking for the millions of flaws. Seriously, Colbe, the belief in this god is 100% insane. It's not a cute thing like kids believing in Santa. The belief in this god is a vicious disease, one that promotes war, murder, hatred, intolerance, ignorance, and only inspires good men to do good things that they would have done even if they'd never heard of a god.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That's my general impression as well. Religion gives people a reason to do things they should be doing anyway. Like, they need a reward in order to be decent people. Like living a good and upstanding life is a business or something, and you'll get blacklisted if you fail to perform well. Would they be nearly as eager to be kind and compassionate if they were guaranteed an eternity in a fiery abyss for doing so? I'd love to see that question answered. I'd love to find out if this religion is actually a business relationship.

But what's the biggest "WHY?" we're asking here?

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

None of your list was in the original plan, Satan, then Adam changed the the plan.

Satan and Adam changed the almighty, all-knowing GOD'S plan. The plan that this perfect god already imagined, planned, and set in motion. Dude, that's insane

God is perfect, we aren't, come on jigger, come up with another protest. A rebelling teenage would say the same. I really appreciate your reply though...colbe

Why if we exist in Gods image, are/as its children not MORE perfect as well; If it was an experiment why cause us as humans to be LESS THAN PERFECT. Is this Gods diabolical plan (hating its children) to put us through sadistic Earth-In-Fantile; a middle school governed by well meaning Nuns that are married to Christ (really?YES they wear a ring) and lets not talk about the other ecclesiastical non-such weirdos. NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE. COME ON. God is perfect AND YOU HAVE PERSONALLY MET HIM (would you EVER be surprised at ITS confusion). In fact as a deadbeat parent, It has some problems. Anyone that has had children wishes the better of themselves to be fruitioned THROUGH THEIR CHILDREN. What is the point otherwise, a selfish mean MOSES perhaps (not God but purports to be a spokesperson) Like to meet that guy.
edit on 11-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

reply to post by colbe

Even though we disagree, I know God is working on you. Why would you continue on...? Why take the time to even post one comment?

Reason: The coffee table was so proud of being a coffee table. All of its life people used it to set their drinks on. Sometimes they put their feet on it, but that's what some people do to sturdy coffee tables. When it grew very old and wobbly someone reached under the coffee table and found a curious latch. When the latch was pulled, however, the top of the coffee table lowered to the floor with its legs pressed against the bottom of the table part. Then the coffee table was hung up on a hook next to a shelf where an iron was resting. The coffee table then realized that for its whole life it had been living a lie, for it was not a coffee table, but an ironing board that people only used as a coffee table. What a waste of a life, the ironing board groaned, but it was too late to be used for what it really was. The ironing board wobbled too much and was thrown out before it had a chance to experience the truth of what it really was.

I don't want people living a total lie. It's a waste of a life that should have been focused on the reality of this world, not some imaginary paradise that has NO proof whatsoever of its existence.

The "lie" is rejecting God while disbelievers have no answers. You show the evidence of God and they say no. God has answered prayers of mine. One of them, very unusual. All you have to do is speak to God, ask His
help to believe in Him.

How come you won't do that jigger?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

You show the evidence of God and they say no. God has answered prayers of mine. One of them, very unusual.
reply to post by colbe

That's what all the religious say: God answers prayers, but they refuse to state exactly how. And when they DO reveal the unusual way, they are shown that whatever answer they got was very down to earth and logical with no god intervention.

All you have to do is speak to God, ask His help to believe in Him. How come you won't do that jigger?

I don't talk to invisible friends that don't exist. Most kids stop this around the age of 5.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Who says we're less than perfect? Someone who is never satisfied, perhaps?

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by vethumanbeing

Who says we're less than perfect? Someone who is never satisfied, perhaps?

Honestly, I do not know, someone that feels themselves to have an entitlement and runs into the same roadblocks with others that feel the same entiltlement is given by birth or first intake of breath. We are perfect in our imperfection, otherwise we'd all be Gods (maybe lessor ones) and have nothing to work towards to grow perfect ourselves. I used exist in a salty rotting mud hole as an algae (or mebe within a tidepool) on some beach front, (not the french Riviera) Im much better now; the caveman period was particularly rough.
edit on 12-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join