It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto can't explain how GMO wheat survived

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Monsanto can't explain how GMO wheat survived

rt.com

Monsanto claims it has no idea how its herbicide-resistant strain of wheat made its way onto an Oregon field. The global biotech giant based in Missouri says it abandoned research on it in 2004 and is mystified by its emergence nearly a decade later.

Monsanto tested the GMO varieties in 17 US states between 1998 and 2004. Although it also tested the GM wheat in Oregon, the company claims it destroyed all of the material upon the conclusion of the program and that it never grew the wheat strain on the farm where it was found last month.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
First let me start by saying that they prolly know exactly how this wheat "survived" and how it got there. Unless the high level of preservatives kept it alive, then so be it. But how it would end up in Oregon? That's the part of the story that I find a little messed up. Now the mouthpiece for Monsanto had this to say about it...

“The company’s internal assessments suggest that neither seed left in the soil nor wheat pollen flow serve as reasonable explanations behind this reported detection,” the biotech giant said in a news release Friday.

The gov't even spent money and man hours to find out how it ended up there... My guess is they put it there, just my opinion.

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 4-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think the purpose of all the "test" fields is to do exactly what we see here, to spread their garbage around the whole world!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I suspect you are correct. It's gets the seeds and the rest of their crap in the air and it carries.

-SAP-
edit on 4-6-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Survived ?
They have been known to hijack fields and plant their crap without permission . That's how it got there .
Monsanto needs to DIE .
edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I ment that in a sarcastic way.

And yes Monsanto needs to just disappear for good...

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Can someone explain what is so bad about Monsanto or GMOs? I have searched the internet and seen some claims but I haven’t seen the evidence to back them up. Modifying foods to grow disease and drought resistant doesn’t sound like a bad thing to me or being able to grow crops in otherwise unsuitable soil sounds good to me.

If they are like poison as some sites say where is the evidence to back it up. This is pretty new topic to me. I have seen several posts throughout ATS in the past berating Monsanto but until today I have never bothered to look into it without any success at finding substance.

If someone would be kind enough to post some links to what convinced you on the evils of this new subject matter I would appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I know . My sarcasm was directed at MonSATANo.

"Ohhh gosh ! We have no idea how this happened ! How could it have happened !?! We never do anything evil ,bad,underhanded ,illegal,life threatening . We are the bastions of good will and want everyone to live happily ever after !!!"

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

There are various threads on the boards regarding GMOs. A lot is still "unknown" at this point (or supressed).

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
organicconnectmag.com...

Just search GMOs on our ATS search function and you'll find many threads.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Just to get you started.
You must surely know that pesticides are extremely harmful?
Some of their crops CONTAIN pesticides, its engineered into them. You cant wash it off!
Other crops are designed so that they can be drenched in chemicals but not die. Imagine what that does to the water supplies below the fields?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
It's evident that they did not destroy all the seeds. I doubt if this is the only field either. When you create a monster, you are responsible to get rid of the monster. Another thing, I think there was something found wrong with the wheat, I don't think that it was abandoned just because of people's skepticism, they didn't abandon the corn or Soy did they?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

If you found nothing ,you didn't look very hard .
GMOs leave genetic markers on our DNA.
GMOs are in EVERYTHING .
Have you eaten anything with corn in it ,soy ?
All fillers in processed foods are corn and soy.
All corn and soy are gmo .
High Fructose corn syrup ,is gmo .

A gmo here or there is one thing .Every day in every meal ,is another .
If you've eaten corn ,its left markers on your DNA,altering it . What causes cancer ...
DNA alterations .
They want to control the food supply for the masses,while they won't serve gmos in their own cafeterias .
It's part of agenda 21 .
They control our seeds ,destroy hard working farmers,and lie about what they're doing to our ecosystem .
They killed all the bees,and then bought the company that proved it ,and hushed it up .
But people know .
Monsanto is killing the world .Dow and Goldman Sachs are just behind them ,and Bill Gates funds it all,with Obama's blessing .

Heres a few links .
Do check out the images of the rats who ate nothing but GMO corn .

Gmo corn is whats fed to our chickens and cows btw .

articles.mercola.com...

www.motherearthnews.com...

farmwars.info...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thanks for the links I read the OPs on the first two the first seems to be about about GMOs being used for fuel the second is about some livestock that died which the article credits to GMOs. I haven’t gone in depth checking into the sources yet but after this post I am the last link I skimmed over the web page but will dig into more.

I will say that it isn’t as alarming as some had made it sound when reading other posts. I am sure there is more to it but I am not as concerned as I thought I would be being as how they focus on fuels and animals. Thanks again for the links I will check back later to see if there are more.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

This is what I find troubling as well...

Chemical companies like Monsanto—they are seeking to take nearly full control of the food supply by controlling virtually every aspect of crop production.

Monsanto is also responsible for loss a of at least 50% of the nations bee population.

Recent studies on epidemic death rates among honeybees are beginning to point fingers at genetically modified seeds produced by Monsanto. In 2012, an epidemic swept through commercial bee colonies killing up to 50% of the nations’ bee colonies used to pollinate crops for farmers. Among the hardest hit are almond growers in California, who saw their bee colonies nearly decimated over the winter. While hives looked to be healthy last fall, there was a near-catastrophic die off of honeybees over the winter.
www.chicagonow.com...

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Just wanted to reply quickly before going to research.
Yes I know about pesticides and I have seen many claims I was asking for proof or the websites that convinced others that these crops were harmful. Anyone can make claims I like evidence or at least the same information that convinced others that way I can make my own determination.

I am not a follower I like to think for myself.

Thanks for the links and I will consider what you said but as I said earlier I don’t just take peoples word for it if I have to take things on word I like it to be that which has been peer reviewed. There are many things we as individuals overlook I am not saying you have but take for example chocolate is poison to dogs but not humans some would not make that distinction. So the study on rats could have unknown factors I really do not know I would need to see the study. I am big on peer reviews and scientific general consensus. Basically I like to read the opinions of those in the field of that study on these subjects. I hope the links you provided are the ones who swayed yourself on this issue or the best evidence in your opinion.

Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

There's a lot out there . Monsanto buys up the companies that do research proving a lot of this,and covers up the data .
They're despicable . Don't doubt it .
After the rat study came out,they tried to claim the rats are the kind that are susceptible to tumors in these studies .
THEY ,and all the product testing companies use these rats . So the data compiled is only valid if they do the test,as per Monsanto .
I assume there are tumor resistant rats then ?
Their arguments were ridiculous .
Monsanto is evil .Don't eat gmos .
Trust me

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

ROFL
as if they'd admit to bio-terrorism...

monsanto,

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

My guess is one of their workers decided to sell it under the table instead of destroying it. Making a nice little profit for agricultural or political reasons.

Also.... HERBICIDE RESISTANT WHEAT!!!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFES!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I came to the same conclusion. Either it was sold secretly or just taken and planted.

Either way they won't give up the truth.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

It looks like they even bought the journal that published the data and then changed some of the information from what I can get. The Food and Chemical Toxicology (FCT) that published the data about the rats is now owned by Monsanto. after the initial report of course.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join