It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does your dog like bananas?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That picture of the orangutan and dog is the best! Love it. I came home from work once and saw that a bowl of Hershey kisses was missing (bowl was there but kisses weren't). Looked at my loving golden retriever and she had a kiss wrapper sticking out of the side of her mouth - looking all guilty. She wouldn't eat fruit at all though. No veggies either unless mashed potatoes. Kept the chocolates up high after that.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
reply to post by Whateva69

That's funny that she washed the carrots, smart pup. Not a fan of Radishes either. That one I understand a little.

Yeah she was a finicky princess, very dainty, very proper, she used to crack me up, wed go for walks she would casually walk along beside me and the minute someone or another dog passed us, she would walk as if she was the best dog at a dog show lol she had never seen or been to a dog show in her life.

im loving everyone posting what breeds of dogs they have, i highlight the breed and do a search, we all have some amazing dogs

This is our dog on the couch and her trying to sleep in the cats bed.

Love and harmony
Whateva
edit on 4/6/13 by Whateva69 because: pics

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Oh, I should tell you about Leo's roots then.
He is half Lab, and Half Akita. He's kind of stocky, and weighs in the 100 pound range. You can see the Akita in his build, and that curled tail of his.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

i know, isn't that an awesome pic? That dog either doesn't trust Orangutans, or hates bananas.
I think I found it when searching for a reason why Leo might hate them so much.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Bananas have a class one Chitinase. I know many animals can't eat class one chitinases. some dogs are also allergic to Avacados. Dogs are smart, they won't eat what they are allergic to like humans do.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

Mine doesn,t like bananas but loves wild strawberries and ripe pears.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That's interesting. A lot of the foods listed on WIki that contain Chitinase, irritate the roof of MY mouth a little bit.
I wonder if that's one of his many allergies. He also get's hay fever in the springtime, so he's having a rough month.
Although it could also be a cross reaction with Chitinase,,Lots of insects born in the spring too.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

This is my dog Blake. He is a 9 yo pure black Labrador (with a growing grey beard!)I wouldnt say he hates bananas but he certainly will not eat them. Everytime I have a banana he looks at me as if to say: plz can i have some.

So I give him a small piece and he takes it and kinda chews on it as if it is something that is really hot. Then spits it out and looks at me in pure disgust..! But he will take a piece and try again each time I have a banana..! It is like he keeps trying it to see if one day he does like it..!

He eats just about every other fruit and veg apart from mango. He does not like mango lol. It is strange though many many dogs do not like bananas. I am yet to actually meet a dog who likes bananas..! I do not know if it is the texture that confuses them or something. Whenever I have given a dog a bit of banana they always seem to take it very gently and it is almost like they are not sure how to eat it..!

BTW your banana hating dog is cute....!

edit on 5-6-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Nice looking dog..I see she is part "Butt-Putter" too.
Our other dog is like that. Part Lab, and Part "Butt-Putter" .
She put's her butt on things, people, furniture.

edit on 5-6-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

My dog steals plums off our tree, carries them around in her mouth, then proceeds to push them around the yard with her nose. Then brings them inside and always conveniently positions them where you are guaranteed to stand on them. Never actually eats them though.

My cat is even weirder. Won't eat anything people food, only eats a particular brand of dry cat food, a completely different brand of wet cat food, but will eat cooked bacon and shredded mozerella cheese. Try just plain ham or even block or slice cheese and he won't eat it.

I also had a budgie that wouldn't bathe in anything except orange juice.

Weird pets...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Very cute story! I can relate.
Although if one dog doesn't like something, chances are, one of the other three will be glad to clean it up for me.

My husband makes a fruit smoothie nearly every morning and all four dogs gather 'round to receive their morning fruit snacks! They include apples, pears, oranges and yes, bananas.

When I make a salad or chop broccoli or cauliflower, they also gather, in seated positions, hoping for a morsel to be thrown their way. I always oblige.

Dogs should NOT eat:
chocolate
onions
grapes, raisins, crasins or currants
macadamia nuts
avocado
mushrooms
beer
sweetener

But chicken feet?
Yeah!

edit on 6/5/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

My old Dawg used to love Jalapenos. Though I rarely gave them to him as he bacame quite gassy.

But he would beg for them like no tomorrow when I ate them. That and Beer.

But I never saw him refuse anything either. He ate evrything offered and was happy for it. Could be a lesson there, don't ya think?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I don't know about the chocolate thing cos i come home one day and the dog had eaten a full pack of chocolate biscuits and she looked like she really enjoyed them
My fav too

edit on 5-6-2013 by coolcatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

They probably didn't contain a toxic amount of theobromine. You were lucky.
Dark chocolate is the worst.

Is Chocolate Really Harmful for Dogs?

Q: I have heard that chocolate is toxic for dogs, but my dog has gotten into chocolate before and has not had any problems. So I am curious to know if chocolate is actually harmful or not?

A: The simple answer to your question is yes, chocolate is toxic; however, it is the ingredient theobromine that is contained in chocolate that is toxic to dogs. The toxicity is based on the amount of theobromine that the animal ingests when compared to the animal’s weight. It also matters what type of chocolate is ingested because the amount of theobromine in chocolate varies.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
One of our Jack Russel Terriers has an intense disdain for peas. We whack mixed veg into their food, and he'll chow everything EXCEPT the peas. I've even on occasion tested the theory by hiding a single pea in his food, and he'll go and polish the bowl, licking out every drop of gravy and other veggies, and leaving the polished pea dead-center of the bowl. strangest thing i've ever seen

His brother, though, will eat pretty much anything, if given time to make up his mind about it... He'll look at his food, then up at you, then sniff his food, walk away, come back a few seconds later, prowling like a shark around prey, sniff again, and then take a small bite as if checking the quality.... and if it's to his royal highness' liking, then he'll tuck in...

He even does this with table scraps - he'll beg noisily at the table, and when you offer him a little tidbit (even something like steak or what-not), he'll sniff it up and down, and move to another person at the table to check if the food there could be better...

Prissy buggers!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Havoc40k

I'm sure if he could talk, he'd tell you it's the texture of the peas he finds maddening.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That photo cracks me up. are they waiting for bibs and forks?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

They're waiting for that one precious word... "okay".
You can see Jaia has his eye right on the one that's his.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
All 3 of our dogs enjoy banana, I bite them off a tiny piece when I'm eating one. They also enjoy coconut, which is really good for regulating their anal glands. I keep coconut frozen in the freezer and they enjoy it as a cool treat.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Havoc40k
One of our Jack Russel Terriers has an intense disdain for peas. We whack mixed veg into their food, and he'll chow everything EXCEPT the peas. I've even on occasion tested the theory by hiding a single pea in his food, and he'll go and polish the bowl, licking out every drop of gravy and other veggies, and leaving the polished pea dead-center of the bowl. strangest thing i've ever seen

His brother, though, will eat pretty much anything, if given time to make up his mind about it... He'll look at his food, then up at you, then sniff his food, walk away, come back a few seconds later, prowling like a shark around prey, sniff again, and then take a small bite as if checking the quality.... and if it's to his royal highness' liking, then he'll tuck in...

He even does this with table scraps - he'll beg noisily at the table, and when you offer him a little tidbit (even something like steak or what-not), he'll sniff it up and down, and move to another person at the table to check if the food there could be better...

Prissy buggers!

That's funny because mine LOVES peas and corn and sucks them up without chewing. Loves them even more if they are frozen!

although, whole peas and corn go in and whole peas and corn come out....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join