It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Chirac to Bush: Its all over - Arafat is Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The spokesman for the French Hospital and the hospital administration has refused to issue any more bulletins on Arafat's "condition"… "to disengage from the pretence that Arafat was still alive. They realized it was no longer tenable without compromising the military hospital’s ethical position and medical credibility."

www.debka.com
French president Jacques Chirac’s patience with the Palestinians’ desperate maneuvers to cover up Yasser Arafat’s demise has run out. DEBKAfile’s Paris and Washington sources reveal exclusively that Friday, November 5, exactly a week after Arafat was admitted to the Percy military hospital near Paris, the French president put in a call to the White House and informed President George W. Bush that it was all over.

Paris and Washington both then swung into action.

An American delegation, organized at top speed by US Middle East diplomats, called on Palestinian prime minister Ahmed Qureia in Ramallah on Saturday, November 6, and asked him how Washington could help expedite a fitting end to the episode.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It seems they are having problems arranging funerals and memorials. The article describes the behind the scenes arrangements that recently fell apart.

The power struggle in Ramallah is intensifying with several groups wanting “their man” to succeed Arafat. Hamas is demanding a unified Palestinian leadership be established with a place for itself. The Gaza based Palestinian Authority is demanding the legislature’s speaker take Arafat’s place and the Palestinian Liberation Organization’s politburo chief, Farouk Kaddumi claims the title for himself. All 13 of the Palestinian factions have turned down Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia’s request for a temporary halt to terrorist attacks until after the funeral.

Will Israel be victim to the turmoil or will they take advantage of it in some way?

[edit on 6-11-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well, I don't doubt that Arafat is dead, but no one else is reporting this, nor is any one reporting any activity that would suggest that he has died.

I never knew that Arafat was married to Divine.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Let's hope the Palestinians stay united against Israel, and don't fight amongst themselves. They will need it, because surely Israel will attempt to take advantage of this situation, and continue the oppression.

Oh Allah, may the true believers spend this night in absolute devotion to you. Oh Allah, remove the darkness from our hearts and the slothfulness from our souls. Oh Allah, deliver the Muslims from their oppression and grant victory to our Mujahideen over the aggressors. Ameen.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Oh Allah, may the true believers spend this night in absolute devotion to you. Oh Allah, remove the darkness from our hearts and the slothfulness from our souls. Oh Allah, deliver the Muslims from their oppression and grant victory to our Mujahideen over the aggressors. Ameen.

All 13 of the Palestinian factions have turned down Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia’s request for a temporary halt to terrorist attacks until after the funeral.

This is a perfect opportunity for both sides to cease hostilities and contemplate peace. Will they take it? Not with attitudes like this, it seems.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:26 AM
link   
You're right! They should welcome and enjoy the occupation and oppression. They should just surrender and leave.

I wonder why they haven't decided on that, yet...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:57 AM
link   

You're right! They should welcome and enjoy the occupation and oppression. They should just surrender and leave.

Because it would mean giving their children an opportunity to live in a more peaceful world, where they can wear a socccer shirt instead of a bomb.

But that would mean that they would have to change their stubborn attitude of hate and war. Those "leaders" who are making millions of dollars from the death of others would not stand for it. There is no place or profit for their type in a world of peace. They can only survive making money from death.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
If I am correct, didn't he open his eyes and communicate? That is far from dead.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Because it would mean giving their children an opportunity to live in a more peaceful world, where they can wear a socccer shirt instead of a bomb.

But that would mean that they would have to change their stubborn attitude of hate and war. Those "leaders" who are making millions of dollars from the death of others would not stand for it. There is no place or profit for their type in a world of peace. They can only survive making money from death.

So everytime there is injustice, one should just give up so they can play soccer?

I don't think so...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

So everytime there is injustice, one should just give up so they can play soccer?

I don't think so...

No, much better to strap a bomb on your little daughter and send her into the midst of a pizza parlor, eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
How many times has that happened?

Most of the fighters are able-bodied males.

In every conflict all over the world there are anomalies, but as a whole, it's men fighting for their people.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Will Israel be victim to the turmoil or will they take advantage of it in some way?

The answer is "yes". We can expect to see some nasty terrorist attacks on Israel very soon, as well as massive violence in the Palestinian areas as factions fight for power.

We can also expect Israel to do whatever it can to try to find someone they can deal with. Arafat's removal makes the whole situation completely different.

Israel is a very strong and very vulnerable country. Governing a nation in Israel's position is not easy.

We should expect the leaders of Israel to take advantage of every opportunity they find, because they are fighting for their survival, and the price of failure would be genocide.

Now Israel is faced with the prospect of a Palestinian civil war. And no one knows this as well as they do.

[edit on 11/7/2004 by Majic]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Huria86
If I am correct, didn't he open his eyes and communicate? That is far from dead.

I don't know if thats the case, but a nurse who worked 30 years in a hospital once told me that the condition of people with very serious illnesses improves for 2-3 days before they die. She couldn't explain why this happens, but apparently it isn't rare.
So this small "recovery" is maybe just temporary..

[edit on 7-11-2004 by Judge DredD]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Debka is claiming this story as an exclusive. So no it is not being reported elsewhere yet.

I have read somewhere else on the net that Debka sources have connections to Isreali Intelligence because they always have bits of information that you can not find anywhere else. They are also very godd at exposing behind the scene information from the governments of the region. Then again it could just be a disinformation site. They are pro-Isreali in the extreme.

As for Israel taking advantage, I was thinking more along the lines of Iran. They could possibly target Iran's nuclear facility while the Palestinians are busy fighting amongst themselves. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I doubt he passed if at all prior to yesterday, unless it is deliberately being kept from the Palestinians, as like the Jews, Muslims require their dead be buried within 24 hours or expeditiously carried out without delay if such is not possible.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Well I'm not 100% sure that Debka is a credible source but they seem to have access to juicy details and they usually make sense.

Suha Arafat accuses Qureia and Abbas, due in Paris Monday, of intrigue to “bury Abu Amar (Arafat) alive,” in live broadcast over Al Jazeera Arabic TV. “I appeal to you to be aware of scale of conspiracy.”

DEBKAfile’s sources: Arafat’s wife Suha will demand Abbas and Qureia sign documents drafted by her French lawyers guaranteeing her multimillion dollar inheritance and pension - as price for switching off life support systems. She has controlled information on Arafat’s condition and nature of mystery illness.

DEBKAfile’s Exclusive Sources: Libyan ruler Qaddafi determined to attend every stage of Arafat’s funeral ceremony – even if it entails landing at Israel’s Ben Gurion airport to an Israeli welcome. This would make him the first Arab leader to touch down in Israel in 25 years since Sadat’s epic peace pilgrimage.

Palestinian leaders Abbas and Qureia arriving in Paris Monday will fight off tight French timetable for Arafat’s removal: formal announcement of Arafat’s demise Tuesday night; funeral rite in Paris and departure for Cairo – Wednesday.

The Palestinian visitors will dig in their heels for Nov. 19 burial. Jericho is now mentioned as possible venue with coffin arriving through Jordan.

If the Tuesday and Wednesday dates check out as well as the Qaddaffi angle The "debka's sources" are pretty good.

As for all of the stories acting as if Araffat is still alive. Well he is on life support but has been brain dead for several days. France requested he be moved on Friday.

Edit: www.debka.com...

[edit on 11/8/2004 by Gools]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Let's hope the Palestinians stay united against Israel, and don't fight amongst themselves. They will need it, because surely Israel will attempt to take advantage of this situation, and continue the oppression.

Let's hope that the Israelis take this opportunity to burn out the backwards terrorists that kill their women and children because they are cowards.

Omni-omni-vee-ooh-are!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Just the fact that Arafat never chose a succesor proves he never gave a damn about the Palestinians. Not to mention how the millions of dollars he stole from the Palestinians will be devided.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   

It seems that the problem right now is not with Israel...but that the different groups want control.... I am not bashing all Palestinians, but this shows that these organizations are not even willing to have peace amongst themselves.... How can these groups be at peace with anyone else if they themselves do not cooperate with one another?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat
Not to mention how the millions of dollars he stole from the Palestinians will be devided.

From what I understand, the Palestinians are not the only ones looking for that pot of gold. And it is quite a pot of gold, too. I heard a story on NPR yesterday about a bank that Arafat helped to found, then turned around and stole the entire assets of the bank ($105M).

Every penny counts, no?

from TC
Omni-omni-vee-ooh-are!

Is that something like Carni-carni-vee-ooh-are?

[edit on 8-11-2004 by jsobecky]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Muaddib;

Good point. What I am more concerned about is if Hamas gets more power out of this. It is my understanding they have alot of support from the people. They have more social services than the Palestinian Authority had. If they use that support for more bombings then nothing will help.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join