Muslim Religious Leaders Condemn Holocaust Deniers

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Awesome! Muslim intellectuals and Imams gathered together from Bosnia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, the Palestine Territories, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and America to make the joint statement. The U.S. State Department’s Office of International Religious Freedom organized the effort.

Al Arabiya

Muslim religious leaders and scholars from around the globe issued a joint statement Monday condemning any attempts to deny or justify the Holocaust in which six million European Jews perished under Nazi Germany.

“We bear witness to the absolute horror and tragedy of the Holocaust where millions upon millions of human souls perished, more than half of whom were people of the Jewish faith,” said a statement signed by 10 leading Islamic figures including President of the Islamic Society of North America, Imam Mohamed Magid and India's Chief Imam, Umer Ahmed Ilyasi.

“We acknowledge, as witnesses, that it is unacceptable to deny this historical reality and declare such denials or any justification of this tragedy as against the Islamic code of ethics,” they said, adding they “stand shoulder to shoulder with our Jewish brothers and sisters in condemning anti-Semitism in any form.”

Good for them. Taking steps for peace and understanding.

This is being picked up by many various news sources.
I won't list them .. too many to list ...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Good catch, and I'm glad you posted it here. There's a lot of anti-Islam sentiment (and it's justified, IMO) so it's nice to see the good these folks do. Nice balance, and a more true picture of the average Muslim than we are led to believe.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well, I'll be..... That is a surprise and a very welcome one. Mark my respect going up several notches. They won't have made friends in some circles with that, to say the very least, but good for them in standing up to say the truth and say it without qualification or hesitation. That is how I think true progress between cultures gets made. Way to go!

Great catch too. I'm glad you happened to be the one to find it and bring it for us.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
They won't have made friends in some circles with that, to say the very least,

These people are VERY brave to stand up for the truth like that.

One of those who will disagree with them - . Mahmoud Ahmadinejad - President of Iran.
Famous Holocaust Deniers

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'll stick with the scientific method and declare that a NUMBER can hardly be equivalent to "reality". It's what we observe, and it may be subject to systematic and statistical error. Can you imagine that instead of 6 million Jews that are said to have perished there was an equally tragic and huge number of 5.5 million?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

At face-value, the joint statement of acknowledging the Holocaust and overcoming antisemitism is refreshing and gives hope for peace.

In the linked article, the joint statement states:

“Together, we pledge to make real the commitment of ‘never again’ and to stand united against injustice wherever it may be found in the world today."

To be completely honest, the only way Muslims can insure that a Holocaust "never again" happens is if Muslims either reject the Qur'an and Sunnah,... or commit the sin bid'ah (religious innovation) by revising and changing Islamic theology.

According to the two most authentic and trustworthy Hadith sources (Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim), Muhammad is quoted as saying:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews , when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (a certain kind of tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews."

And here is what allah says in the Qur'an:

"Strongest among men in enmity to the believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans."
- Suratul Ma'idah, Ayah 82

Like I said, I am skeptically hopeful about the joint-statement, but Islam's prophet and their god allah give much reason for doubt. Here's to hope!!!!

Peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

You make a good point.

It's kind of like Mother Teresa helping those who are starving because of overpopulation .. and yet she belongs to a church that says artificial birth control is evil. Kind of dark irony.

Yet ... that doesn't take away the good Mother Teresa was doing.
And the problems in Islam don't take away what a brave thing these people are doing either.

But .. I do hear what you are saying. You have a point.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well, frankly there is no harm in hippie-like and other such notions about the topic.

"Gives lots of hope".

Meh.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I do think that's hopeful and a great gesture from some Muslims.

From a more cynical point of view, the holocaust can be used and abused in various ways.

One way would be to say that since Europeans caused the holocaust, it is only fair that the Jewish homeland should be on their territory, and that the violence against the Palestinians was a further crime against humanity to try and repay an earlier crime that the Muslims had nothing to do with.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I do think that's hopeful and a great gesture from some Muslims.

I fart in peace tonight. No doubt that this will stop further vicious attacks by the wrong kind of muslims, given that the right kind of muslims finally kind of got it kind of right. Or did they?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

hmmm ... I'm just not understanding what you are posting.
Sounds kind of grumpy ...
.... but really, I can't figure it out.
Care to explain a bit more deeply??? Thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
So let me get this right. Over half of those murdered during WW2 were Jews? I understand that rough estimates put those murdered somewhere between 40 and 60 million civilians. Indeed an undeniable holocaust. But more than half of those were Jews? When did 6 become half of 40, never mind 60?
edit on 5-6-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Hello again FlyersFan.

Great analogy with Mother Teresa! There are a few sects of Islam that espouse a non-violent theology, such as the Sufis, Ahmadiyya, and Tablighi Jamaat.

However, skepticism of the majority body of Muslims being against Jewish genocide arises when one understands that their prophet Muhammad said a Jewish genocide by Muslims will be one signal of the End Times. Their eschatology causes many Muslims to anxiously await the war against the main body of Jews.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

I think you are counting ALL the war dead in that 60 figure.
The 6 million comes from the camps and work farms and ghettos.
It's based on the preWWII Jewish population in the area
compared to the post WWII Jewish population and it's keeping
in mind those who escaped overseas.

At least, that's what I've read ...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Kgnow

Good point again. (smart guy!)
That's why I say that these folks are very brave. They have an uphill battle against a lot of obstacles ... ingrained thought process .... heavy duty religious rhetoric .... 'heavy hitters' in the Islamic world who disagree with them .... etc etc. I just have to give them a pat on the back for making the statement .. ya' know??

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

I think you are counting ALL the war dead in that 60 figure.
The 6 million comes from the camps and work farms and ghettos.
It's based on the preWWII Jewish population in the area
compared to the post WWII Jewish population and it's keeping
in mind those who escaped overseas.

At least, that's what I've read ...

I know where this 6 million figure originated. Fact is, it's an arbitrary figure with no solid factual background. It could be more, or it could be less. Some have calculated that there were far more camps than originally considered and the true number of specifically Jewish deaths is more like 20 million. Some have suggested that the number is closer to 80,000. Johns Hopkins suggested that no "Ethnic Jews" perished at all.

Just what are these people admitting to? Someone else's dogma. Millions of people were killed, that much at least is undeniable, indisputable fact, and all of them should be remembered equally. A Jewish death is not of higher importance because they were Jewish. Despite the rantings of many a radical Rabbi.
edit on 5-6-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It's a relief to wake up this morning for once to something that isn't an "OMG, OMG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!" post.

It's a step in the right direction.

Seems like good news.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
A Jewish death is not of higher importance because they were Jewish. Despite the rantings of many a radical Rabbi.

I don't think that these Muslim religious leaders are saying that the deaths of the Jews were 'of higher importance' at all. It seems pretty clear that they are just saying to other Muslims .. look, it happened, it is real, deal with it.

Seems more like they are doing a reality check with those who say it didn't happen.
That's how I see it anyways.

I don't know of any Jewish Rabbi who says that Jewish deaths are more important than the other deaths that happened during WWII. There could be some ... but I haven't seen any. I see Jewish Rabbis having to talk about it and push the facts on people because certain people DENY that it happened. But I haven't seen any 'those deaths are more important than other deaths' kind of thing. If anyone says anything like that ... they are just plain wrong.

new topics
top topics

join