It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seek ye first, the Kingdom of Heaven

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by sacgamer25

Honestly... If you truely believe there are no contradictions in the bible... You haven't done any actual research on the bible aside from reading it... And blindly accepting what you read

There are abundant contradictions.... Geographical and logical errors... And soo much more

Sometimes you make me wonder my friend

:shk:
edit on 15-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

NO there is not. And I have done more research than most; this is how I know there are none. I have looked at a list of over 600 supposed contradictions, not one of them has any merit. For every contradiction there is a logical explanation that falls in place with every other word in the bible.

I am growing tired of people who have done far less research than me, who had preconceived notions that they refused to let go of, who believe in a fallible God, telling me they are smarter than me, and insulting my religion.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by Akragon

Honestly... If you truely believe there are no contradictions in the bible... You haven't done any actual research on the bible aside from reading it... And blindly accepting what you read

There are abundant contradictions.... Geographical and logical errors... And soo much more

Sometimes you make me wonder my friend

:shk:
edit on 15-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

NO there is not. And I have done more research than most; this is how I know there are none. I have looked at a list of over 600 supposed contradictions, not one of them has any merit. For every contradiction there is a logical explanation that falls in place with every other word in the bible.

I am growing tired of people who have done far less research than me, who had preconceived notions that they refused to let go of, who believe in a fallible God, telling me they are smarter than me, and insulting my religion.

Well considering I didn't say any of that... You feel free to "grow tired" of whatever you like...

Unfortunately... IF you say there are no contradictions... You are clearly and blindly admitting to these things...

Even well respected "Christian" scholars know there are obvious contradictions within the texts... SO you are either turning a blind eye to them... OR you're not looking hard enough...

Either way I couldn't care less... believe whatever you like...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If you look for contradictions you will find them, if you seek to prove that God is Infallible because you have been born of the Spirit and believe in a infallible God than it is not too hard to know that God is infallible.

You believe God great enough to send us his son, whom you claim speaks the truth unlike anyone else, but you don't believe that by the same spirit he could write a book about his son and protect it from corruption.

This is not something I can help you with.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by Akragon

If you look for contradictions you will find them, if you seek to prove that God is Infallible because you have been born of the Spirit and believe in a infallible God than it is not too hard to know that God is infallible.

You believe God great enough to send us his son, whom you claim speaks the truth unlike anyone else, but you don't believe that by the same spirit he could write a book about his son and protect it from corruption.

This is not something I can help you with.

When did I ask for yours or anyone elses help with anything pertaining to the bible?

God might be "infallible" but man wrote the book... Neither of which, man or that book is perfect or infallible...

IF you look for contradictions of course you will find them... which basically states YOU haven't looked...

But lets say you have... Alright... obviously you did a bit of research on said contradictions and found a website, or a pastor that deceived you into believing there is a way to explain each of these contradictions...

Argue with Christian scholars and make a fool of yourself... it doesn't matter to me...

But as I've said, IF you believe there are no contradictions within the bible... There is a serious issue there...

And its up to you to find out exactly what that issue is...

Even the gospels have contradicitons within them... SO if you believe there isn't... You either are turning a blind eye to said contradictions... OR you're not looking hard enough

Or perhaps you haven't done quite as much research as you say... I have no idea what you do within your life...

I wouldn't want to call you a liar... So I would have to say you are being willfully ignorant in your need to believe the bible is perfect.

Sorry if the truth hurts sometimes

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I don't think anyone has said God is fallible, all I've said is that the bible itself is fallible. If You choose to believe that god is a book, then yes your god is fallible. I do not believe God is a book, so me saying the book is fallible is not the same as me saying God is fallible.

You seem to be stuck where pretty much every mainstream Christian is stuck, in the assumption that God wrote the bible. He didn't, men with agendas did. If you choose to ignore that obvious fact then you are no further along the road than any other mainstream Christian is.

Sorry, but like Akragon said, sometimes the truth hurts.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Yes, I guess we can agree to do that…

But in closing, I would say this; There are many other verses which give hints/clues towards this truth, like Jesus saying “He was set apart by the Father”, “How no man can come to the Father except through Him”. Jesus saying ‘He came from God to testify on Gods behalf. Jesus stating that He is a partaker in the pouring out of the “Holy Spirit”. Jesus referring to himself as “The Son of Man”, a phrase used by Daniel to denote the coming Messiah. A Messiah who stands at the right hand of God, as in Daniels vision, and to whom all authority is given to, by God the Father. Old Testament verses which show that there is a God and a creator Son. Gnostic texts, which show exactly that same truth, in that God created everything through himself and the Son…a Son that was first born. Seriously…the list goes on and on…

So even, if you refuted the vine verse in John 15, there are like another 50 to 100 verses, maybe more (in and outside of the Bible) which are all pointing towards that same truth.

And not only that, on the day that I came to believe this, is the exact same day, that I received the Holy Spirit. This is something that I know to be true, but the best I can do, is to try to show verses which show that it is true, to others.

Btw – Based on your other posts, I believe you are helping to bring in the Kingdom of Heaven, because of the spiritual truths, that you have already found…

Anyway, thanks for the discussion…I’m pretty sure I’ll see you round, on many other threads.

- JC

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

I'd say that we are all the Son, not just Jesus.

There is the Mother (Earth/physicality) and the Father (consciousness/spirituality), and when the two meet, or are "married", you get the Son, which is us because we are both physical and spiritual.

With Two and One, that makes Three, the Trinity; the Father (spirit), Mother (Earth), and Son (us).

That's my opinion though.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Joecroft

I'd say that we are all the Son, not just Jesus.
There is the Mother (Earth/physicality) and the Father (consciousness/spirituality), and when the two meet, or are "married", you get the Son, which is us because we are both physical and spiritual.
With Two and One, that makes Three, the Trinity; the Father (spirit), Mother (Earth), and Son (us).
That's my opinion though.

And if I could bring in a marching band I would be the baton twirler at the front of this statement. Set to music? Hum, "The Blue Danube" (romantic) Gershwin, or "The Rite of Spring" (creation/forced) Stravinsky. NICE.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Thanks for the image you gave me with the marching band.
I love your train of thought on things. Your posts are very entertaining.

I don't claim to be right, but I think my theory has weight and logic behind it. I'm just glad someone else gets it and not just me.

edit on 27-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by vethumanbeing

Thanks for the image you gave me with the marching band.
I love your train of thought on things. Your posts are very entertaining.

I don't claim to be right, but I think my theory has weight and logic behind it. I'm just glad someone else gets it and not just me.

edit on 27-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Its not about the 'literal' WORD its all about your imagination, and what the idea (speaker) of those concepts leaves to you as an individual relating to something intristic and so very personal. For me I am a seeker, searcher and I find Gods imprint, personal touch in so many things, everything that resonates with you is IT trying to talk to have a conversation with you. Just wait in my world there will be an Indianalpolis 500 NASCAR entry (blue and gold colors) that is "GOD" sponsered. The GOD CAR. Affiliate sponsers? Chicklets (gum that looks like teeth) Sta-Puff Marshmallow (has made a MAN of spun sugar); If Chicklets doesnt come through with the financing; Wrigley Gum, keeps everyone chewing on the action 3 flavors. "SOS" soap pads, scratchy, abbrasisve but in it FOR THE CLEANING OF potencially THE UNCLEAN.
edit on 27-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join