It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seek ye first, the Kingdom of Heaven

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Of course I've read the OT. No I haven't read all of the text you posted above for me, but I did skim through it and it's very flawed in my humble opinion.

Unfortunately its a reconstruction made from the writing of people who opposed the writer... not really reliable...

I've considered writing my own version of an Antithesis... perhaps one day

Why would anyone have a problem with God repenting?

Similar to God being Jealous... who would God repent to?

see this is a prime example of how we can talk and ponder such things of God the Father and/or Jesus and wrong or right be totally forgiven.

yes... it is nice to be able to have a rational discussion on these matters...

edit on 11-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Originally posted by Sacgamer
Here is the puzzle, follow along to see if all the pieces fit.

I see the son as the light (John 8:12) of this world. The firstborn over all creation (Colossians 1:15), which means he must be the light in (Genesis 1:3).

Yes, I see Jesus as the word the light in Genesis, the firstborn of all creation and Co-Creator with the Father from the beginning. This truth can be found in some of the Gnostic texts that I pointed out to Vet, and it can also be found/discerned through certain prophets in the OT.

If you except that Christ is the "light" in Genesis, than the use of the word "OUR" when speaking of creating man in "OUR" image you can clearly see that God is talking with his son about making man in their image.

I absolutely agree…but there are not many who find this truth…

If Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are one, then we could say that Jesus Christ is the spirit of love. The love that Christ showed man while on earth was a perfect reflection of God's love for us. Thus he and the father are one (John 10:30) and if you have seen me you have seen the father (14:7) for they are both spirit and spirit is love.

When Jesus says the words you have “seen”, the Father, He means IMO they have come to know the Father, through Jesus. Sometimes when Jesus speaks it’s really the Father speaking, which is why Jesus uses the phrase “the words you hear are not my own”, many times.

So it is true to say that God (Father) was among us, the error comes IMO when believers state that the Father is one minute manifesting as the Son, and then back to the Father again. In doing so they negate who the Son is! The Son of God is an actual real entity, who is one with the Father, in Spirit only.

If it was his father's spirit that was being sent then why would he say in my name? Now later it says in the end all things will be subject to the father even Christ (1 Corinthians 15:28).

So if the father and the son make up one Holy Spirit why is it sent in the name Christ Jesus and how could the Christ become subject to the father. Here is the final piece in the puzzle.

I believe it’s sent in Jesus name, because one must go through the Son in order to reach the Father; only then do both Spirits (Father and The Son) come to dwell in a person, and only then do they become “born again”, or born from above…and fittingly for this thread, they also enter “The Kingdom of Heaven”

Take a look at the following verses…

John 8:17-18
In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. 18 I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”

And…

John 14:15-18

15 “If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.

By saying “But you know him, for he lives with you…” Jesus is speaking of himself…but not just himself of course, but the Father as well…

And the further down in the same passage we have the following…

John 14:
23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

This is also why Jesus says the spirit will testify to what it Hears. He (Jesus) is talking about himself and his own Spirit, speaking and hearing what the Father says, just like He did when he walked among us.

Please understand, this is not something I watched in a Youtube video or googled on the Internet…this is something that God has revealed to me personally.

- JC

edit on 11-6-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by Vethumanbeing
You do not admit to the blaspheme. You deny deny deny and do not express explain the denial and who or what that entails (like a secret hail mary un-uttered to the hidden choir in the vestible or the priest in the confessional). YOU THINK IT is all, so, whos listening? GOD; someone explain to me the difference between the holy spirit, god and Jesus/Mohammed/Budda, and Waste Management Corp?

Why do I get the feeling I forgot to do the dishes, and someone! will be VERY ANGRY lol

Sacgamer is right, you’re thinking way too much, you need to quiet your mind. I used to be just like yourself, driven completely by my ego, and thinking/believing that I knew the answers to some of life’s big questions or at least thought I knew, what was correct etc…

The first words I ever read of Jesus, was where He stated that one must seek the truth, closely followed by him stating that He! was the truth!. That’s really where my journey began.

I realized I had to “let go”, and “forget what I thought I knew”. In essence, to become like a child, and that that was the only way I could truly humbly seek. This is a lot harder than it sounds…because we are conditioned to think in the ways of the world, but the Father does not give, in the way the world gives…

Buda discovered that He was a Spiritual being, just like many other religions have done, but He knew nothing of Jesus, The Son of God. Although he may have encountered God through the Spirit, without knowing that it was really through Jesus…

Mohammed believed in the Prophets of the Old Testament, but just like the prophets before him, he was not perfect, and neither did he know the real truth of whom Jesus was/is, and the same can be said, of those who practice Judaism.

As for the differences between the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I describe them here, in my last reply to Sacgamer. Men have been arguing/debating and trying to figure out that issue for over 2000 years… so you can consider this, to be your lucky day…

But the thing is, the questions you are asking myself and others, you really need to be re-asking yourself, and then go in search of those answers, because even if someone just gives you the truth, it will be of little use to you, unless you come to know it for yourself. Which ultimately means, that YOU must seek it for yourself, and experience it for yourself also.

Not everyone is ready to seek though, which is fine, because it’s just like the Buddhist texts states…

“when the student is ready, the teacher will appear”….

The Father and Jesus, being the true teachers… not me…

- JC

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Because the flesh does not always align with the spirit. So rather than go against what is on the inside I prefer to control what is on the outside.

I know I answered this, but I just cannot help/yelp myself:
The FESH (fetish for short) does not always agree with the roaming pirate (spirit) and so here goes the many guilts and trials SOME religions (naming none) control like an elderly nun. I hear exercise is a good outlet, tire out the flesh, force it to comply to WILL (spirit) and reward it with a warm shower afterwards. You can control the stream of water direction and the temperature of it, as that would DEFINE the OUTSIDE conditions. How do you wash the inside?
edit on 11-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Attention sarcasm coming.

I think you are too smart for your own good and you think too much. Not intended as a direct insult, more of a backhanded compliment. Instead of thinking so much, quiet yourself and listen. Or not, you are the one who has the power to choose.

That would be "left handed Kompliment". This (your post) is not sarcasm as its truthfully speaking as Irony and Satire; sarcasm has the intended bent of destroying if directed at ones self worth; you are not intending to harm my lighthearted and joyful nature are you? A "NOT INtenDed as a direct INsult" pointed at me like an arrow through my heart is a FIRST CLASS admittance of. I know I DO think too much but I JUST CANT HELP IT. As much as I try to disuade the continguous converstations with myself IT NEVER WORKS. Any advice as to methodology for a permanent solution; DONT SAY IT (a nice fresh blade).

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

If you can't beat the noisy chatter in your head, join it, take over it, and tell it where to go. I think this is how i did it over a knock down drag out fight between me and God, in which his love beat my ego.

Other than to study the bible and do some good things because Christ said too, I can't really take credit, I think this is the part that is between you and the father. Jesus says only the father knows the day or time so we are back to patience and trust.

It can feel like a never ending cycle of defeat for a while, but one day it will begin to make since, then you will "awaken" a new soul.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

You do not admit to the blaspheme. You deny deny deny and do not express explain the denial and who or what that entails (like a secret hail mary un-uttered to the hidden choir in the vestible or the priest in the confessional). YOU THINK IT is all, so, whos listening? GOD; someone explain to me the difference between the holy spirit, god and Jesus/Mohammed/Budda, and Waste Management Corp?

Why do I get the feeling I forgot to do the dishes, and someone! will be VERY ANGRY lol

Sacgamer is right, you’re thinking way too much, you need to quiet your mind. I used to be just like yourself, driven completely by my ego, and thinking/believing that I knew the answers to some of life’s big questions or at least thought I knew, what was correct etc…The first words I ever read of Jesus, was where He stated that one must seek the truth, closely followed by him stating that He! was the truth!. That’s really where my journey began.I realized I had to “let go”, and “forget what I thought I knew”. In essence, to become like a child, and that that was the only way I could truly humbly seek. This is a lot harder than it sounds…because we are conditioned to think in the ways of the world, but the Father does not give, in the way the world gives…
Buda discovered that He was a Spiritual being, just like many other religions have done, but He knew nothing of Jesus, The Son of God. Although he may have encountered God through the Spirit, without knowing that it was really through Jesus…

Mohammed believed in the Prophets of the Old Testament, but just like the prophets before him, he was not perfect, and neither did he know the real truth of whom Jesus was/is, and the same can be said, of those who practice Judaism.

As for the differences between the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, I describe them here, in my last reply to Sacgamer. Men have been arguing/debating and trying to figure out that issue for over 2000 years… so you can consider this, to be your lucky day…

But the thing is, the questions you are asking myself and others, you really need to be re-asking yourself, and then go in search of those answers, because even if someone just gives you the truth, it will be of little use to you, unless you come to know it for yourself. Which ultimately means, that YOU must seek it for yourself, and experience it for yourself also.

Not everyone is ready to seek though, which is fine, because it’s just like the Buddhist texts states…

“when the student is ready, the teacher will appear”….
The Father and Jesus, being the true teachers… not me…- JC

Oh YOU TURNCOAT. wearing red and white stripes instead of white stars on a blue background, wait a minute was your tailor Betsy Ross, with the help of Coco Channel? (the inside outside coat to fool the percieved enemy) What makes you think that I have to TRY to in humanspeak ENGISH express what is on my mind. I overthink? Its more of having a 360 degree vision of all arguement potencial answers and anticipating it. This is fun and games for me, if you have to trouble your mind with/in coming up with responses, you are wasting your time; sometimes a point gets across; for me its all about FreeFormFunsterism. I am the teacher to this human student (which happens to be me in the Flesh and Bone), do not think I dont know what I am doing.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Why weigh yourself with such a heavy burden now? Why not start with things that are easier to control? You may find that you are conflicted because many of the things that you are doing that you are doing against love, you are actually doing in search of the "feeling" love. It is the "feeling" of love that we lose and then we pursue it with the flesh instead of the spirit.

Paul didn't say turn to page 10 and you stop sinning. He said I'm the one writing the bible and I haven't quite got this right. I know I am on the path and I know I can overcome sin, but still a little negative emotion comes to remind me I am not there yet.

Start doing the things you know you can do. You can control if you help someone else or not, feed the homeless, doing something nice for the family. Only do it not for yourself, nor even solely for them, do it because you are looking for love, and see if you find it.

You first have to become addicted to love, to give up the substitute that you hold so dearly. When spiritual love becomes your addiction, than you can begin to see how you have been deceived into believing a chemical addiction was the only source of love you could find.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

We are very close. To think that either of us knows for certain the exact relationship between the father and the son I think is probably thinking too much. We have both received an understanding that works both in our minds and with the truth. So I suggest the true relationship remains religion.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If you can't beat the noisy chatter in your head, join it, take over it, and tell it where to go. I think this is how i did it over a knock down drag out fight between me and God, in which his love beat my ego. Other than to study the bible and do some good things because Christ said too, I can't really take credit, I think this is the part that is between you and the father. Jesus says only the father knows the day or time so we are back to patience and trust.It can feel like a never ending cycle of defeat for a while, but one day it will begin to make since, then you will "awaken" a new soul.

No Chatter AS CLEAR AS A BELL. No confusion, the knock down drag out with God happened some months ago, and it was a screamfest at each other. Very funny because I had all of the pies (in the face)lined up to throw. The carnival ride ended on the "Tilt-A-Whirl" we acquiesed, shook hands and made a truce. IT believes in me as ITSELF and I in IT as its spokesperson.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Then you are more that ok, you are on the same path as me. Unless I am just crazy in which case I could use the company.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Why weigh yourself with such a heavy burden now? Why not start with things that are easier to control? You may find that you are conflicted because many of the things that you are doing that you are doing against love, you are actually doing in search of the "feeling" love. It is the "feeling" of love that we lose and then we pursue it with the flesh instead of the spirit.

Paul didn't say turn to page 10 and you stop sinning. He said I'm the one writing the bible and I haven't quite got this right. I know I am on the path and I know I can overcome sin, but still a little negative emotion comes to remind me I am not there yet.

Start doing the things you know you can do. You can control if you help someone else or not, feed the homeless, doing something nice for the family. Only do it not for yourself, nor even solely for them, do it because you are looking for love, and see if you find it.

You first have to become addicted to love, to give up the substitute that you hold so dearly. When spiritual love becomes your addiction, than you can begin to see how you have been deceived into believing a chemical addiction was the only source of love you could find.

Chemical addiction? I take no presciptions, that including "THE BIBLE" resourse for wounded humans. Say I have a question: What is Meant by Original Sin? That sounds diabolical, crippling and insurmountable. Perseiverance of Love through "physical love" is what to your definition. Humans have to profligate somehow, and they do not by eating asperagus spears. Heavy burden, God is not that happy with the pact It made with me; as I am arguementative (a right back in your face constituent). The closest I came to feeding the homeless was leaving pizza remants on a mail drop box (Madison Street, Chicago Il) walking by a "purported begger professional" on LaSalle and saying this "I threw my last quarter into the street one block up off DEARBORN". What things are easy to control, certainly not my belief in God AS I AM IT.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Then you are more that ok, you are on the same path as me. Unless I am just crazy in which case I could use the company.

You are more than OK if you can keep company with this twisted beautiful mind that shares itself with a REALLY unstable mind (That of a living breathing GOD); not at all crazy yet, that comes later with your personal revelations.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Oh YOU TURNCOAT. wearing red and white stripes instead of white stars on a blue background, wait a minute was your tailor Betsy Ross, with the help of Coco Channel?

My Flag is a white Cross on a Blue background…haven’t we been through this already…

Funny how a descendant from Britain, is credited with creating the American Flag.

Turncoat…Oh the irony lol

(the inside outside coat to fool the percieved enemy) What makes you think that I have to TRY to in humanspeak ENGISH express what is on my mind.

Erm well err, hmm lets see now…

Because THAT’S WHAT PEOPLE DO HERE!!! lol

I overthink? Its more of having a 360 degree vision of all arguement potencial answers and anticipating it.

“I overthink”…nice of you to finally admit to something…Your really starting to open up…don’t stop now…your on a roll lol

If what you say is true, then you should be highly advanced in the art of prophylaxis…can you anticipate my next move…?

I am the teacher to this human student (which happens to be me in the Flesh and Bone), do not think I dont know what I am doing.

I Am the greatest student that ever lived…and you are exhibit A lol

- JC

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Originally posted by Joecroft

Oh YOU TURNCOAT. wearing red and white stripes instead of white stars on a blue background, wait a minute was your tailor Betsy Ross, with the help of Coco Channel?

Joecroft
My Flag is a white Cross on a Blue background…haven’t we been through this already…
Funny how a descendant from Britain, is credited with creating the American Flag. Turncoat…Oh the irony lol

What YOU ARE OF THE NORDIC CRAZES? Not the tall ones someone else in a another thread "I AM A HYBRID" was speaking of the ones that DO NOT SPEAK JUST STARE in amazement or confoundedness.

I overthink? Its more of having a 360 degree vision of all arguement potencial answers and anticipating it.

Joecroft
I overthink”…nice of you to finally admit to something…Your really starting to open up…don’t stop now…your on a roll lolI if what you say is true, then you should be highly advanced in the art of prophylaxis…can you anticipate my next move…?

Not in the business of cleaning TartAr buildup, not a dentist. However I would recommend a deep cleansing of the teeth AND TONGUE once a year; that trip to the confessional should do the job nicely NO NOVACAINE BTW, got to take the Hail Mary's like a man.

I am the teacher to this human student (which happens to be me in the Flesh and Bone), do not think I dont know what I am doing.

Joecroft
I Am the greatest student that ever lived…and you are exhibit A lol- JC

So far the only one thats hung in there; that deserves a trophy or at least a blue ribbon.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Knocking again second time I will open the door. You are Greek.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

What YOU ARE OF THE NORDIC CRAZES?

What does that even mean…?

Not the tall ones someone else in a another thread "I AM A HYBRID" was speaking of the ones that DO NOT SPEAK JUST STARE in amazement or confoundedness.

The ones that just stare, use some form of telepathy; it’s the others who stare back in amazement…

Not in the business of cleaning TartAr buildup, not a dentist. However I would recommend a deep cleansing of the teeth AND TONGUE once a year; that trip to the confessional should do the job nicely NO NOVACAINE BTW, got to take the Hail Mary's like a man.

I filter my water and dilute it with lemon, works wonders on your teeth…just felt the need to share that, as you were starting to open up…

Knocking again second time I will open the door. You are Greek.

No, I was born in Scotland, remember, triple YYY, part of the original blood line, perhaps, maybe, who knows… “Templeman “name sake an all…still working on my golf swing… bird of unknown origin etc etc etc…

- JC

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

"You" really seem to like to talk to "you"

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

We are very close. To think that either of us knows for certain the exact relationship between the father and the son I think is probably thinking too much. We have both received an understanding that works both in our minds and with the truth. So I suggest the true relationship remains religion.

Well, I wouldn’t expect anyone to just believe what I wrote in my last reply to you, straight off the bat. And also there are more verses than just the ones I’ve highlighted in that post, in the Bible, which combine to make my case even stronger. Those verses I pointed out, are just a good starting point, but there are many others. There are also verses outside of the Bible (Gnostic texts etc) which confirm the same truth IMO. No pressure from me though, for you to either accept or believe it.

One thing I will say in closing, is that we both believe that Jesus and the Father were there in Genesis, their Spirits hovering over the waters and that they both created man in "their" image. So for me, it’s fitting that both, will come to dwell within a person, when they become believers.

- JC

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

"You" really seem to like to talk to "you"

Yes and thankyou, as a comedian; (The IAM) can also be the audience. I will laugh at all irony directed to or at myself (you probably do not understand duo-citizenship, the stage in front, the chairs below).
edit on 12-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join