It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious spot on radar but it's not smoke or rain -

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

But of it was indeed chaff, a new kind or not, wouldn't it have dispersed over a wider area for the duration of the day? It hardly changed or moved.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
The previous talk about some sort of chaff, possibly aluminum fluoride, being found by investigators makes me wonder if it wasn't some sort of radar avoidance craft or perhaps a fluoride-based propulsion system under test.

The aluminum fluoride is the inactive dust off the chaff when it "deactivates". In that state, it no longer shows up. The metallic aluminum on the chaff is what shows on the radar. When the UV from the sun hits the chaff in midair, the fluoride lets go of the diazo and grabs the aluminum instead, leaving some residual diazo byproducts, usually some sort of ammonia-like goop and some non-metallized fiberglass, with a suspension of aluminum fluoride dust in the air.

At that point the chaff is just airborne junk, not radar reflective at all.

The stuff's been around forever. They've been wanting to make it more 'user friendly' so that it doesn't leave a lot of airborne glass fiber and aluminum compounds when it degrades. It might be a good guess that this was a hot test of a new type of degrading chaff. Especially since Redstone has all SORTS of radar systems that can try picking through it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
17th year Cicadas?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by TheRedneck

But of it was indeed chaff, a new kind or not, wouldn't it have dispersed over a wider area for the duration of the day? It hardly changed or moved.

Ah, but you see, that's the idea of deactivating chaff. You drop it upwind constantly, it falls and drifts a bit downwind, then the metallic coating comes off in midair as dust, and it quits being chaff. The area coverage depends on a lot of factors, the wind speed, the UV level, the coating thickness, the chaff weight and so on.

If you could spot glass fibers in the air with radar, you'd still see that windborne plume formation that screams 'chaff drop', but the point of deactivating chaff is that it *doesn't* look like that on radar.

eta: so far all the deactivating chaff degrades by solar UV, but it would be real useful to have one that degraded by itself after dispensing. Maybe you could spray something on it as it left the plane, or you could hit it with some really intense UV in the chopper. That way you could apply it at night. However, this drop happened during daylight hours and stopped in the evening, so it's probably SOS.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Gohome1122

Heres your answer.

sincedutch.wordpress.com...

You understand that anything on this site is BS....

Just look at the article you linked to...

2/27/2013 — US Navy Labs creates Plasma in the upper Atmosphere using HAARP – HF- high frequency

That is not even remotely true at all, this definitely is not related to HAARP and it never will be as it doesn't function that way.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1
[more
Could it be a hole in our ozone or magnetospere or something? I'm not even sure where 13000 ft would be. Possible ufo cloak? that's all i could think of at the moment.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

Oh boy...here we go...you have a very long CONTRAIL over the area, plus you have a high chance for rain in the area...pretty consistent with what weather does and has been doing for a long, long time before you were even a glimmer in your daddy's eye...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
reply to post by RUFFREADY

EXCESSIVE HEAT?? Over Area 51?? Weird

See where Nevada, California, Arizona meet? I use to live there and it gets dangerously hot there. It's probably the hottest place in the US. I remember seeing flashing warning signs on TV to not to go outside for very long. Temps at 130 and rising. Everywhere had to be air conditioned or you're dead meat. It was a very hard climate to get use to.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by 1curious1

UAH researchers have discovered patches of fiberglass.

Jackpot. It's chaff, likely from a plane equipped with a 'chopper' - they have reels of it and it runs through a food processor looking thing that cuts it on the fly.

Um, also there is "area limited chaffing" that uses a special sort of chaff. Not the sort you normally use. It doesn't leave long thin plumes on the radar as it drifts in the wind - you drop it slightly upwind of what you want to mask and it disperses, does its chaff thing, then degrades, leaving nothing but slightly nasty smelling fiberglass, and a very localized radar return that does NOT look like chaff.

The chaff strands have a fluorine diazo coating that breaks down under UV - once you disperse it (this only works during clear days), the UV breaks the fluorine loose. The fluorine grabs the aluminum and becomes aluminum fluoride, falls off the chaff and leaves fiberglass "feathers". If they drop enough, you can smell it, it's sort of ammonia smelling.

So, why would they be doing this right now?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mbkennel

Why not? There's no specific time to test a new system usually, unless it's a specific system (night vision, FLIR, etc). If this is how Bedlam is saying and UV deactivates it, then a day when the sun is out is the time to test it. It looks like most of today around Huntsville was partly cloudy, which would be a good test to see how cloud cover affects it. You'd hate to be in a situation where you have to use it, and find out it doesn't work because the weather sucks.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mbkennel
So, why would they be doing this right now?

It's what Redstone does. They test all sorts of new military tech, and one of their specialties is radar. They've got more types of radars out there than you can shake a stick at. If you wanted to test area chaffing, that would be a place you'd do it. Kirtland would be another.

They could look for aluminum fluoride traces on the buildings, it'd tell you a lot.

And someone has said in the local paper that they're sampling for fluorine residue there with the excuse that there was an accidental release of water supply fluorine at the same time. Don't know if that's real or not, I'm off in California.

But both Alliant and ATM are working on "green" deactivating chaff, maybe they needed to test it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sean

is that true?? Must have AC? Creazy..

maybe some relation from nevada..they absorb the heat and release it (Using some kind of high tech machine) to uper atmosphere..than bangg..Stormy weather..

edit on 5-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
A weird blotch happened around Altus Air Force base a few months ago. I made a video of it, because my mom called me freaking out. We were expected to have bad weather that day, and she thought they had a sudden freak storm pop up.
Within a few hours there was storms in that location. I made a video of that too.

One of the comments was that the radar malfunctioned. I did notice that they took the radar down for a bit after this, so it's plausible..but my guess is that there are some working going on near these bases. It's being detected more now because more people are looking at the weather radars than ever. We're noticing patterns and odd goings. Just my opinion, I'm not a professional meteorologist, but the radars are either glitching, or detecting something that we can't see to naked eye, as most people are stating that the skies were clear during these occurrences.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Chaff Confirmed
blog.al.com...
edit on 5-6-2013 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Maybe it wasn't supposed to drift... maybe that was the idea.

The link in the post above this shows it has been ID'd as chaff.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Exactly and it may be that the Base does not want to be on radar. Therefor jamming the system. it is not meant to jam weather satellites but radar is radar. It keeps other countries like china, russia or Iran from look down and seeing anything.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I took a look at this thread this afternoon and whilst thinking about Alabama in a moment of synchronicity the music over the restaurant speakers said "we're all going to die". Which made me think some really deep thoughts about what is going on.

Transdimensionally, I was thinking maybe it was a ghost signature of a parallel world where something exploded, and only an antenna could pick up the distortion. Thinking that maybe in a certain time frame there will be an obliteration event, where this radar spot was a precursor sign.

Superficially, their tall antenna got broken off and so instead of the energy going from root to tip and clearing out the rainbow of colors it would make while interfered, it got chopped off somewhere closer to its root. It could be physical, or a line of code in the computers that got interrupted. It is a computer image after all; thankfully it is not a real red blob over the military place.

Maybe it's intentional. Maybe their cloaking weapon was put to the test and this is the side effect.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Sandalphon because: there are no accidents

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Gohome1122

Heres your answer.

sincedutch.wordpress.com...

You understand that anything on this site is BS....

Just look at the article you linked to...

2/27/2013 — US Navy Labs creates Plasma in the upper Atmosphere using HAARP – HF- high frequency

That is not even remotely true at all, this definitely is not related to HAARP and it never will be as it doesn't function that way.

He may have actually gotten that one right
Legit source?
www.nrl.navy.mil...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oh jeez... Must be H.A.R.R.P right?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Worked on the NEXRAD for many years....known anomaly of a Doppler system. You can research it and see it isn't the first time.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join