It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious spot on radar but it's not smoke or rain -

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by toocurious21
I live in Huntsville, and I have two weird things in the night sky tonight, i actually saw a comet-like object, but was very huge and its shot from the sky downward, and the second thing i saw, was a light blue disk looking object, come from the south to the north, and it had light blue trails following it, i know i might sound crazy, but i tend to not tell anyone about this because i dont want to sound crazy, but my cousin was a witness when we saw these things. If you guys find out anything about the blob, please post; i will be following the thread. Thanks.

two people who joined the same day with 1 post claiming the same thing. sorry but unless there's some sort of proof of this it's highly unbelievable. i just made an account to post this lol

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ThreeBears

"Steam plant" does not mean it releases huge amounts of steam; it is a coal-fired boiler plant that uses steam produced from the coal to turn generators. Nuclear power (which is also steam-based) does not release fallout under normal operating conditions; any release of fallout would be a nuclear emergency and we would probably be evacuating. Both these plants have been operating for quite some time; Widow's Creek has actually been upgraded to continue beyond it's original expected lifetime due to Bellefonte Nuclear Plant being delayed, and was operating when I was born in 1961. Brown's Ferry was started somewhere around the mid-80s; I know it was then because it was about the time Bellefonte closed in 1985.

If an anomaly exists, it makes little logical sense to look at things that have been going on uninterrupted for decades, and less to assume nuclear leaks or untrue aspects of operation.

I agree with the article posted just above... something happened at Redstone, and probably just a test. The anomaly formed right over Redstone and dissipated/drifted to the NNW, about the right direction based on prevailing winds at that time.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

UAH researchers have discovered patches of fiberglass. Now I'm definitely thinking this is some sort of Redstone project.

valleywx.com...valleywx.c... om/2013/06/04/mystery-blob-over-west-huntsville/le/
See Link!

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1

UAH researchers have discovered patches of fiberglass.

Jackpot. It's chaff, likely from a plane equipped with a 'chopper' - they have reels of it and it runs through a food processor looking thing that cuts it on the fly.

Um, also there is "area limited chaffing" that uses a special sort of chaff. Not the sort you normally use. It doesn't leave long thin plumes on the radar as it drifts in the wind - you drop it slightly upwind of what you want to mask and it disperses, does its chaff thing, then degrades, leaving nothing but slightly nasty smelling fiberglass, and a very localized radar return that does NOT look like chaff.

The chaff strands have a fluorine diazo coating that breaks down under UV - once you disperse it (this only works during clear days), the UV breaks the fluorine loose. The fluorine grabs the aluminum and becomes aluminum fluoride, falls off the chaff and leaves fiberglass "feathers". If they drop enough, you can smell it, it's sort of ammonia smelling.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

They could be doing a static rocket test on the ground which could cause a temperature inversion trapping particles in the atmosphere giving that signature.

Its nothing conspiratorial.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by rickymouse

Nope... only power plants in the vicinity are Brown's Ferry Nuclear Plant west of Athens, Guntersville Dam Hydro Plant in Guntersville to the south, and Widow's Creek Steam Plant to the East, all at least 50 miles away.

TheRedneck

So do you have any idea what is causing the anomaly?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
How about putting that in a rant thread? If a little thing like someone else commenting makes you want not to be on ATS then why not just not look at the post you so dislike instead of being Unkind to someone who wanted to share a thought they had.

Originally posted by edgecrusher2199

Originally posted by cheesy
Look what i find on google,, Still Huntsville Alabama :

It's a CHEMTRAIL BACK THERE!! January 2013
www.ctvnews.ca...
edit on 5-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

This post is a classic example of why I hardly ever come to or participate in this website anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm sure it's just a coincidence, but Intellicast radar is 'jumping' for me. Lol. o_o

www.intellicast.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
That was blunt force trauma...very odd thing.

Common sense would be looking at This, more than all the other theories...wasn't this region The region of the mass bird die offs last year?

Originally posted by ThreeBears

Originally posted by tport17
Not sure if this is relevant or not, but there is a nuclear power plant 40 miles from Huntsville. Browns Ferry Nuclear Plant in Athens, AL.

Nuclear Map

Common sense would be looking at This, more than all the other theories...wasn't this region The region of the mass bird die offs last year?

With all the nuclear fall out, in low and high concentrations, along with other pollutants, mining, etc., it wouldn't be surprising in the least for there to be air anamolies in pockets here and there that will increase...it's like,

If you smoke cigs in a room, over time you'll see pockets of residue in certain areas of the ceiling, not all over mind you, but in concentrated areas, where drafts carry concentrations of smoke, etc. over a period of time. So whatever it is,

It's obviously coming from the ground not to far from...doesn't have to be Directly under it either, because smoke in a room works like that, so, apparently

Something is or has been slowly leaking into the air, possibly mixing with other compounds, and is leaving tell tale signs,

I'd suspect the nuclear and would be looking there for ground concentration levels. I'm no scientist, but it would seem more the practical theory.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Huntsville is part of the Air Force high speed corridor. It runs from around Marietta, to Knoxville, to Huntsville. They do flight tests from LM out of Marietta through it, among other things. I've also seen Su-27s flying in it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Heres your answer.

sincedutch.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Lots of interesting things fly around the Huntsville area. Lots of interesting radar related tests that go on out at the Arsenal, too.

Why they'd want to chaff up with degrading chaff is a nice question. Maybe they've got a new formula they wanted to test, no place better than Redstone, they've got some awfully nice radar systems to probe it with.

Mid-air degrading chaff would explain the funny chemical smell and the low level haze that popped up on the tower camera pics, too. And you note the pics of the fiberglass residue are not shiny and metallic, that's the other giveaway.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Gohome1122

Ah. The "scalar squares" buffoon. He's the answer to a boring day if there's no other comedy on.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

The newer generation A2A missiles have gotten extremely difficult to spoof. Multi head seekers, optical guidance, etc. They've had to evolve chaff a lot in the last five years or so, so I'm not surprised.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Interestingly enough, the basic patent for this seems to have been one of those that got SLAG'd. It was filed in 1963 but not published until 1976.

Today, Alliant and Advanced Technology Materials make it. Supposedly, they're all working on making the stuff "greener", instead of using fiberglass they're using some sort of pseudo spider silk or cellulose and a less nasty degrading coating than fluoride diazo. Maybe this was a test of the newer stuff. In which case I would expect the fiberglass they're finding to not be fiberglass but something that looks like it. I wonder if they've taken a match to it yet?
edit on 5-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Here is the official release from Redstone Arsenal spokeperson as given to the UAH team who found the fluff.

"Aviation and missile technology testing at Redstone collects data that protects and improves the weapon systems that America's sons and daughters are using in ongoing overseas contingency operations, and in forward-deployed areas worldwide. As a matter of Operational Security policy, we do not offer details concerning the circumstances under which testing activities are performed. Further, discussing specific measures and operational procedures could adversely affect the success of testing activities. We routinely evaluate and validate weapon systems and components so that we and our allies can maintain the edge over adversaries. Testing assures that war fighting capabilities are in a high state of readiness."
www.waff.com... ff
Kind of scary to know we could be breathing in the small particles of this stuff - Whatever it is.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Comsidering the anomaly appeared over Redstone Arsenal and then dissipated and drifted NNW with the prevailing winds, I'd say it was some sort of R&D exercise.... possibly, but not necessarily a malfunction.

The previous talk about some sort of chaff, possibly aluminum fluoride, being found by investigators makes me wonder if it wasn't some sort of radar avoidance craft or perhaps a fluoride-based propulsion system under test. I've heard theories about such propulsion theories, but never really gave them much thought since fluoride is not exactly abundant.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It's an outrage, really. Given the decades later exposure of shocking tests done on citzens in Tuskeegee and St Louis and several other places around the world.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
Here is the official release from Redstone Arsenal spokeperson as given to the UAH team who found the fluff.

We used to do a lot of contract work for MSFC and Redstone. That is an admission it was them in govspeak.

Kind of scary to know we could be breathing in the small particles of this stuff - Whatever it is.

Well, it's one reason they want to get away from using a fiberglass base and fluorine coatings over aluminum. Neither fiberglass bits nor aluminum fluoride are all that wonderful for you. But you get the occasional plume of toxic crap out of Redstone all the time, people just aren't aware of it. Sorta like they have nukes out there fairly often for one reason or another. There's a way to spot when.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Exactly what I thought! Good job keeping up to date on this!

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join