It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious spot on radar but it's not smoke or rain -

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I live close and its very strange. The skys here are kinda cloudly and look wierd.
Also just saw a big blue ball of fire that shot str8 to the ground.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This website posted a tweet from someone saying a white feather substance was falling from the sky. Not sure how reliable the website is, or the person who tweeted for that matter.

Alabama Truth

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There's one that go's in and out right over the "groom lake area" (in the gray patch on map)

I was up above there in NAS Fallon

Anyway...I'm just curious now.
here's radar again radar.weather.gov... ...its over area 51 (grey patch on map above)
edit on 4-6-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm going to pass this along word for word from one of the local meteorologists here in Chattanooga,Tn(2 hours from Huntsville) that I heard on the 11:00 broadcast tonight.

There were no storms/rain in the area. The radar returns(colors) are too bright to be bird/insect swarms. No controlled burns anywhere in the area or fires that could have generated a smoke plume this size. No quarry blasting was going on in the area that could have created a dust plume. All of this confirmed by local media and government.

There were reports that helicopters were seen in the area, leading to the conclusion that they were spraying Chafe(or however you spell it.)

I'm going to throw this in there also...I am an avid weather watcher and have been for nearly 15 years, and am a very active member in the online weather community, which is where I first heard about this around 2:00EST. I watch/use the Huntsville radar site (KHTX) on at least on a weekly basis, sometimes several times a day depending on how bored I am. For the last 2 weeks or so, KHTX has gone offline several times at random times during the day. It is not unusual for it to go offline every 2 months or so for maintenance, but for it to have gone offline as much as it has in the last few weeks is quite unusual.

Here are some pics that I scrounged from some of the online weather forums that I frequent. The latter 2 pictures are screenshots from my phone. The red color indicates that KHTX is once again offline, which would have had to have happened in the last few hours.

The kicker is the last picture from my phone. The white square with lines is the storm track feature on my phone which indicates the obvious...storm track, or storm motion. Obviously, there is no storm, and none of the above are possibilities. So, whatever this THING is it is still persisting approaching the midnight hour.

s1227.photobucket.com...

s1227.photobucket.com...

s1227.photobucket.com...

s1227.photobucket.com...

s1227.photobucket.com...

edit on 4-6-2013 by edgecrusher2199 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2013 by edgecrusher2199 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

EXCESSIVE HEAT?? Over Area 51?? Weird

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

owhhh i see still weird too dude..

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
And now KHTX is up and running again...this is the same thing that has been happening for a few weeks now.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
and more bloop comming in

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

This has absolutely nothing to do with a tornado or anything of the sort.

link   
reply to post by cheesy

Its a weird place

I'm just trying to find out if other places are like the one the OP mention. I'm looking at different restricted bases I know of and the groom lake area (in the gray patch on the Nevada map I linked, has a in/out patch of weather sort of like the OP's. Its just in that one area right over the base.

I don't know...and probably now the men in black are gonna visit me...

link   
reply to post by cheesy

Those are false echo returns from the radar site, also normal, and quite frequent.

link   
reply to post by cheesy

I thought that all looked really weird too, but I'm no meteorologist.
But the weather people are all buzzing about the the Redstone Arsenal radar, so....

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by cheesy

The dot in the second radar image is the radar site.

100% truth. That is at Hytop, Al where KHTX is located.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It's the NWS radar.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Well, for what it's worth to add data, this is the national wind map in near real time and showing all of the United States for current, interaction and movement speed. It's showing near total calm for the Southeast right now. A VERY slight rustle to the air in Alabama and some in the Miami/Homestead area ..but otherwise? Unusually calm if anything. So to is Idaho, which also seemed to show a return over the southeast region? I don't know if that is at all related since it shows different altho still a bit odd.

National Wind Map

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I live in Huntsville, and I have two weird things in the night sky tonight, i actually saw a comet-like object, but was very huge and its shot from the sky downward, and the second thing i saw, was a light blue disk looking object, come from the south to the north, and it had light blue trails following it, i know i might sound crazy, but i tend to not tell anyone about this because i dont want to sound crazy, but my cousin was a witness when we saw these things. If you guys find out anything about the blob, please post; i will be following the thread. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Here is a really good blog with more info...honestly I'm inclined to believe the new Chaff theory because it makes perfect sense.

tnvalleywx.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Yeah, that is weird.

Social media jumps in with theories on Huntsville's mystery radar blob

A strange blob on a radar image from Huntsville has sparked the imagination of people on various social media sites.

The odd, yet colorful, blip was noticed Tuesday afternoon over the Redstone Arsenal and theories as to its origin began almost immediately.
--
Some people have reported a strong chemical smell from the area under where the blob appears.
Source

I would certainly like to find out more about it. According to the link^ it remains a mystery. Meteorologists can't figure it out either, which makes it all the more perplexing. The reports of the downed power lines are pretty strange too. A lot of things have been ruled out, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see. S&F OP... I'll have to look into this a little further. I'm intrigued.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Chaff is usually long and thin and the length is tuned (roughly) to the size of the radar wavelength you want to fox.

It's not a powder. Small conductive objects in the air don't have a lot of effect if they're significantly shorter than the wavelength of the radar. Military chaff is generally aluminized glass, 1/3" to 2" long, mixed up so you interfere with a wide range of radar.

It also doesn't generally stay aloft as long as this has, without really drifting very badly and descending.

I wonder how you'd keep chaff in one big ball like that all day long.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by edgecrusher2199

It would make perfect sense. Though it would have to be a new kind, seeing as how the previous sprays look nothing like this anomaly. Perhaps they're going for a more 'natural' appearance, so it's not a dead give-a'-way to the opposition. The straight lines on the radar from before might confuse missiles, but doubtfully the radar observers in a base, or a plane, or whatever. Lol.

edit on 5-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join