It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious spot on radar but it's not smoke or rain -

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

This is interesting. Please keep us updated? It doesn't seem to have moved at all in the past few hours, has it?

I am wondering about foreign ships offshore and what kind of stuff might be on them in terms of weaponry that affects weather.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ksarge1
twitter.com...

twitter feed for Arsenal indicating something has happened but just a power pole fell along with 2 others....strange.

Maybe that is what they want people to think...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

And apparently, Bill Yell, spokesman for Huntsville Utilities indicated there might have been damage due to recent lightening. They are spinning the story at 6, I mean, telling us what happened at 6.
Just kidding.

Although, depending on where they say the substation was and whether or not it correlates to the 2:23 picture on Weather Underground will be telling.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I thought the downed pole might be true but it could be use to also explain other 'oddies' others might encounter.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Elsewhere somebody suggested this,

en.wikipedia.org... Anomalous propagation AKA, 'Anoprop'

I guess you could rule it out reading the Radar section, but it is also why I'm curious as to why the meteorologist is puzzled about it.

edit on 4-6-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Regional weather experts are stumped. Chaff was ruled out.

blog.al.com...

Radar showed no chaff as would be deployed from military aircraft, clouds or anything else in the sky that might be causing the image. Arsenal officials said they did not know what was causing the echo to appear.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ksarge1

From your twitter link to the Redstone arsenal feed:

Redstone Arsenal @TeamREDSTONE 5h Snooper Rd is temporarily closed between Little John & Honest John Rds. Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite More 2:13 PM - 4 Jun 13 · Details

The anomaly started at around 1:45. I wonder what has this road in the area listed as closed just 30 minutes later?
edit on 6/4/2013 by kosmicjack because: spaces

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Brad was talking on facebook about the upper height of it. Here is a video time lapse of the time.[url=

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
hey hey hey..any update from the arsenal now?? what is that??

edit on 4-6-2013 by cheesy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
In a weird twist of unreality, the outline of the thing on the blog radar display is just about where the bounds of the "force field" were always found...

Maybe they're seeing the thermal anomaly. Maybe something else...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Odd, *shrug* I was thinking that it could be tied into this Sounding Rocket firing tonight.

Sounding Rocket Link

It'd be a perfect opportunity to test the systems on a launch day.

M.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Okay, that's just weird. It's still there on the big map. Stationary and with a little finger crossing north over the TN border by what I can see. It's all green now. No red or yellow as the first returns had been for intensity.

Please, anyone who may get an answer, don't forget to come update the thread. I think a bunch of us are wondering what the final word on this turns out to be....if there ever is one.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Moshpet

Nah, they don't send those up from the arsenal, and if they did, it wouldn't be there this long. Nor would the return be so...large and stationary.

eta: my crystal ball says...it shall be called a thermal anomaly - a stationary bubble of cool air.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The weird thing besides the meteorologists not understanding it or having and explanation is - the location.

Over the Redstone Arsenal (scary) which is also home to a NASA facility
edit on 6/4/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Look at this The bloop have a center hole

WTF??

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I see they change the volume coverage pattern from 221 (earlier today) to 32. Wonder if that is normal or part of an investigation.

VCP 221 - The antenna samples 9 elevations during the 6 minute volume scan using the SZ-2 range unfolding algorithm on the lowest 2 elevations.

VCP 32- The antenna samples 5 elevations during the 10 minute volume scan.

The texas radars were using 32 today.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

That thing is still there. Very weird. Very interesting also. I'd like to fly up there and have a look.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

may be the forerunner of a tornado??

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Don't look like a tornado. I checked Nevada and there is one over area 51 also. Check it out. I use to work near there when in the Navy and its right over that area. Very strange.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

The dot in the second radar image is the radar site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join