It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious spot on radar but it's not smoke or rain -

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
radar.weather.gov...And it's coming from very near to an Army base (Redstone). So I live in the area that is now supposable under this spot in the sky, but so far, no one knows what it is, including our local meteorologist. Some guesses on Facebook are HAARP affiliated, radiation, steam, or UFO?

Apparently it is up to 13,000 feet and it's also showing up on Weather Underground radar. It is in the area of I565 and Madison Boulevard, but I can promise you, it is not raining nor is there anything visible in the sky.

WEIRD

WYLE Laboratories is also in the area of the most concentration.

www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...
edit on 4-6-2013 by 1curious1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, I see the Western half of the United States. I see lots of radar images. But that's it.

Is it possible to be a little more specific? Like which state, and where in that state.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Your talking about the developing red cell spot just east of I-65 right? I had to index Redstone to get location but that looks like the spot. If it's a clear sky....what the heck is that thing?? That's not a diagnostic ghost or something like the big circular sweeps sometimes seen when they run them. Thats definitely a developing..something? Something is reflecting?

BTW.. for those not familiar with the map, that is the whole US in extreme resolution for detail. Use the scroll bars. Redstone Arsenal is Northeast Alabama, just east of the main north/south Interstate (65) and South of the TN Border.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

it was easy enough for me to find. maybe you should try harder.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

I'm sorry. It's in Huntsville, Alabama, and it's the large spot. We have no rain today a few puffy, thin clouds, but nothing that would look like this.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Here is another Radar map that might be easier than the national beast of a map.

Alabama Radar

I'm going to screen capture that for future reference since you say nothing there explains it in the sky you see. How odd

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The most intense spot is centered over WYLE laboratories. I know it has people in this town stumped so far. it is showing up on three separate radars and being covered by two news stations at this point (at least on their Facebook pages). I'm thinking I probably shouldn't be sitting on the back porch.

www.waff.com
www.whnt.com

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

good find. i am not sure what it could be. i could tell you what id like it to be lol. if it was that big. id think you would be able to see it. even really high up there. i mean, its bigger then a 747 and you can usually see them flying around.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Looks like instrument calibration or malfunction.

maps.google.com...:0x9a2c7e89c804566b,Huntsville,+AL&gl=us&e i=QlauUaGmBpTbqQHr94CYBA&ved=0CJsBELYD

Probably the station marked D - Baron. www.baronservices.com...

EDIT: Link fail. Just google "huntsville al weather station" and you'll see several within the area.
edit on 4-6-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

what i find strange about it mainly is that its a perfect circle . clouds don't usually shape them self's in perfect circles. like someone already said could be a sensor failure. i would or could say it may be a UFO but you cant see it so that's out. you said it was around 13,000 something. seems kinda odd for a failed sensor or any other failed equipment to be that high off the ground. there any odd noises?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
When I lived there we used to call it Redstone's force field.

Have you ever noticed that as you drive away from Redstone there's an abrupt drop in temperature? Drive west on university or 565, you'll find a place you get a 6 degree F drop in about a 2 yard distance.

Redstone runs a lot of jamming gear at times, if they return a pulse at the nexrad when it sweeps them, you'll see a faux indication just like that. Imagine.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity4U

If nexrad's trying to get a shape from several stations, a circle is what you'll see if there's something pinging back at nexrad.

Consider - any transponder-like return from a radar ping will be slightly delayed. So from any nexrad transmitter's POV, the "target" will appear to be a fixed location slightly past the actual transponder/jammer. If this happens from every external viewpoint (multiple nexrad stations at various locations) then what it sees is a return that's a fixed radius from the transponder, i.e. a circle.

eta: nexrad's sw also tends to show anything confusing as a mosaic error, and a red circle is what you get a lot of times
edit on 4-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

hmmm very interesting sir. ty lets hope that's it

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
radar.weather.gov...And it's coming from very near to an Army base (Redstone). So I live in the area that is now supposable under this spot in the sky, but so far, no one knows what it is, including our local meteorologist. Some guesses on Facebook are HAARP affiliated, radiation, steam, or UFO?

Apparently it is up to 13,000 feet and it's also showing up on Weather Underground radar. It is in the area of I565 and Madison Boulevard, but I can promise you, it is not raining nor is there anything visible in the sky.

WEIRD

WYLE Laboratories is also in the area of the most concentration.

www.facebook.com...
www.facebook.com...

anything to see wearing polaroids?
edit on 4-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity4U
reply to post by Bedlam

hmmm very interesting sir. ty lets hope that's it

The joke used to be that you could pop a bag of popcorn if you hung it on the fence over by the officer's housing from the radar energy flux coming off of Redstone. Especially if they're doing missile tracking tests. When they're running missile tests out there, the place lights up with radar signals, it's a real pain in the butt. A missile tracking radar uses a LOT of power.

Also, this could be Wyle's secret finally coming out. We used to wonder how Wyle could get good open field test results given their proximity to Redstone and Huntsville as a whole (which is full of radar and radio companies). They're using a force field. Cheaters.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Whatever it is - It's not moving. It's still showing intense on NWS radar, but local TV station, it looks almost all green. A Chinook just flew over.... At least I can rest assured they're on it.
Perhaps it's just my high fever.

Picture of Redstone Arsenal at 2:23. I'd say they are behind whatever this is.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Well, now that you mention it. I now have a very long Chemtrail over my house.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1
reply to post by smurfy

Well, now that you mention it. I now have a very long Chemtrail over my house.

Ok now you just went all Yumpy...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What is the source of the 13K feet number?

OP link

Brad Travis, Meteorologist

Here is the latest image from Our Million Watt C-Band Radar. Shows the biggest concentration along Zierdt Road and I-565 near the Publix shopping center. Radar is hitting the area at 300 feet.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
twitter.com...

twitter feed for Arsenal indicating something has happened but just a power pole fell along with 2 others....strange.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join