It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game of Thrones "Rains of Castamere" Reactions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hello fellow GoT fans...
I know there are many people on ATS who enjoy this show along with me. I have read all the books and knew what was coming in this episode. Of course, I also know what is coming in the NEXT episode (Season Finale) too....

Anyway, Sunday's show "Rains of Castamere" was EPIC. It is certainly worthy of an Emmy and I hope they get one!!

Here is a video of some reactions to the show from around the country.

So what is YOUR reaction to the episode???

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Great wasn't it

Watched at me Ma's house, she cried and swore alot, Ma's Husband was silent with shock, me? I have read the book but when they stabbed the Queen in her pregnant belly Oooooo I got mad.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I did not care for Talisa (or the slight plot change from the books), but even I was shocked at the brutality of the scene. I can honestly say that the look of shock and horror on Talisa's face is burned into my mind!

Of course, I was shocked when I read the book years ago and learned that Robb was dead.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

This show blows me away every time I see a new episode. This Sunday I was awe struck to say the least. I would love to read the books but If the show continues to be as good as it is, I don't want to be disappointed due to the fact books are always more detailed. So eager for next Sunday to come around.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Epic episode was EPIC! I have not read the books, so to me it was a surprise, but a good one. I like being surprised with tv and movies, because everything is soo predictable nowadays. I really couldn't believe what I had just witnessed on TV. it was GREAT.

Can't wait till Sunday, hope it doesn't dissapoint.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yeah should go down as one of the most shocking moments in television history.

It was tragic, brutal, and sadly representative of past events in reality.

One thing I wondered while watching was how do we know what "The Rains of Castamere" sounds like? When Catelyn looks up at the musicians playing I knew what was happening but at the same time for a second I had to think "Why is she so fixated on the music...Oh yeahhhhh!".

And I too know whats coming in the season finale, and its going to be great.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Yeah should go down as one of the most shocking moments in television history.

It was tragic, brutal, and sadly representative of past events in reality.

I completely agree!

One thing I wondered while watching was how do we know what "The Rains of Castamere" sounds like? When Catelyn looks up at the musicians playing I knew what was happening but at the same time for a second I had to think "Why is she so fixated on the music...Oh yeahhhhh!".

I think the writers tried to foreshadow the song with Ceresi and Margaery were discussing it the previous episode. Ceresi was rather blunt that the song is meant to represent what happens to people who cross the Lannisters. However, if you haven't read the book series, it would be easy to miss what song was playing and what it meant.

And I too know whats coming in the season finale, and its going to be great.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

Ohh....I agree!! And it's been a LONG time coming.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Was a good episode...must get back to reading the books as i'm on book 3 now and while its different the result is the same comparing the books to the series overall

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm not going to read the posts here in fear of something being told I don't know, but I love this show.

I got stuck in a motel room for a week about a month ago there was nothing to do, and I saw a few episodes they looked neat, so I found season 1&2 and I fell in love (wish there was less nudity, got kids) I'm waiting to finish the show before reading the books.

I can read a book, and hate a movie I can watch a movie, and love the book, it's complicated.

I wish someone would do a Drizzit movie, but I doubt that could be done right.

S&F for pushing this show I hope it's not took off the air before they finish...

edit on 4-6-2013 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I love the show and that episode blew me away.

Wasnt really watching to much as I had company so DVR'D it but when Robb and his mother were killed was like no way....

Never having read the books I'm guessing Arraya and Dog gonna do something.

Wondering too if now Arraya would be Queen of the North as Sansa is no longer a Stark???

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
The Rains of Castamere was mentioned in a previous episode, as a song about a Lannister victory, in a talk between the two queens. So, when Catelyn heard the Lannister song, she of course had her hackles up.

As a person who read the books, I knew what was coming, but I really enjoyed how they had Catelyn catch on. The change from the books was Rob's wife. In the books, she wasn't pregnant, or at the wedding. So, when I saw her there, I knew she was toast also.

We should hear more of the song in Jeoffrey's "Purple Wedding", as in the book, there were 77 different versions of it at the wedding.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

Wondering too if now Arraya would be Queen of the North as Sansa is no longer a Stark???

Well, to the crown, Arya, Bran, and Rickon are dead, so Sansa is still the recognized heiress. That was the whole plan with the marriage to Tyrion. He is now technically (as far as the crown is concerned) the Lord of Winterfell, with Rob's death.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I realy enjoyed seasons 1 & 2 of the tv show. So had someone buy me the books in a box set for xmas
Having read them and become a huge fan of the work, i can't seem to enjoy the tv show as much. They have changed and left so much out.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Awsome, Robb seemed to be one who had a sense of respect, fairness and justice. Hence appeared as heroic in some ways. Maybe this is confirmation that the concept of truth jusice and the "american" way (to coin a phrase) or more to the point goodness and compassion can't be the winner. Cruelty, deception and all of those other non conscience words have a decided advantage in real life as they don't have to "leave anyone standing".

To those who have read the books, I think I feel a tad sorry for you as it has the potential of taking away from you the sudden shock value.

Glad nobody has been a "spoiler" for future events. Thanks for that

It's amazing how one can start to root for this group or that. Guess I'll have to put together another game plan now. Maybe the outcast with her growing army, maybe Robb's little sister growing up to take revenge for losing her family. (sorry, bad with names, so had to describe people as above)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A little of topic but Iam watching the series Oz at the moment and just saw Peter Dinklage (The Imp) getting thrown of a building here.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I haven't read the books so each episode is blowing me away.

Nothing is held back, nor taboo in GOT !

It's going to be a looooong bloody wait in between seasons when this one ends, dammit. I just started watching it a few weeks ago and got all caught up in the seasons, so I'm now currently up to snuff with the storyline and characters.

Now I have to wait each friggin week to see what crazy crap happens next.

Makes me wish I had waited until the entire series was finished before starting into it.

*sigh*

I absolutely refuse to watch The Hobbit movies until all three are out on DVD... I made that mistake with Lord of The Rings. It drove my nuts waiting a full year for each movie. I won't make that mistake twice.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I haven't read the books, period.

Having said that, why do I get the sneaking suspicion that the lil boy that can't walk will be leading an army of undead white walkers against his enemies eventually?

More importantly, how will this affect the dragon army, since it's obvious that these two leaders are the only "good" ones left in the entire show?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Don't expect any quick resolutions to those questions...the show is about 3/4 of the way through book 3, and as of book 5, those questions aren't resolved yet....

They have changed and left so much out.

Not really. About the only real impacting change is how they are handling Robert's bastard son. Everything else is generally following the major points and characters of the books. I can't think of anything major they've left out.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I wonder if the enthusiastic response to the show will galvanize GRRM into writing and ppublishing book 6 sooner rather than later.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I have not actually read any of the books but above all the despicable human trash in the series so far I despise Petyr Baelish's character the most.

His only redeeming quality is that he screws everyone over equally.

I hope something terrible happens to him soon, but judging the series so far he will probably become a god and claim victory in a battle with the Lord of Light.

Son of a B!

top topics

join