It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KC135 and UCAV refuelling test study paper.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A good read

www.dtic.mil...

Nice UCAV model

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Its a wind tunnel testingand development research paper about refueller and ucav interaction during the merge. Worthy download.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
is that ice 101 a real uav?
it looks like a arrow head.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
If its good enough to go to wind tunnel testing to see how that shape reacts to the tanker and vica versa, who knows if it went further. However the shape itself does appear in an article and other online media about 'future uavs'
books.google.com.eg... 1&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=true

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Wind tunnel testing. Gotcha.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
is that ice 101 a real uav?
it looks like a arrow head.

It was an effort by Lockheed at various methods of flight-control with a tailless aircraft. ICE is "Innovative Control Effectors". It had all-moving wing-tips, spoiler/deflectors, and thrust-vectoring in both pitch and yaw. There were several configurations of ICE aircraft, generally similar in planform, including manned and unmanned models. I doubt that it went to actual full-scale hardware because it was publicly revealed very early in the program. There was even a plan to modify one of the F-16XL's to flight test the wingtips (complete with tail removal!).

A lot of the knowledge gleaned went into the UCAVs being developed today.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It was more than an effort. I've been saying for years that we actually flew test flights with this aircraft (or one that's almost like it) back between 2002-2006 time frame. Here's a little proof actually.

Shadowhawk has been doing some digging on this actually. Curious to see what he comes up with as far as actuall fight tests.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135
It was more than an effort. I've been saying for years that we actually flew test flights with this aircraft (or one that's almost like it) back between 2002-2006 time frame. Here's a little proof actually.

Shadowhawk has been doing some digging on this actually. Curious to see what he comes up with as far as actuall fight tests.

I'd be surprised that they would leave it black after so much information was released in the white. There would be little reason to try to bury it again.
Is it possible they quietly completed the MANTA project (X-44)? Time frame would fit. Whatever happened to PAV-2?
edit on 6-6-2013 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
oldie but a goodie...

new topics

top topics

join