It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS on alert Friday as CSS Hunley invades land of Yankees!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
OK people WTH is the matter with not only the people who "see something and say something" and are too stupid to know that a Confederate submarine is not a terrorist threat! I see this as a major problem with this DHS program is that people are too dumb to know what they are looking at. And worse yet the people who would most likely call DHS to report something are dumbed down morons who are dependent on the government for all of the answers in their life......

I know someone will flame me but you have got to be kidding me! Someone called the DHS and reports a torpedo type ship being hauled on the highway. Before long 30 government agencies were looking for it. The case was broken when a picture of the CSS Hunley replica going through a toll booth. However, if police really said that they knew it was not a terrorist because terrorists wouldn't use a "toll booth"..... could be problem #2

What the hell is wrong with this picture? First a false report about something the caller clearly didn't even have a clue what he/she was looking at. Are the American people that sorry or is it just isolated pockets of morons here and there?

www.postandcourier.com...

On Friday afternoon, a New York motorist called police with a tip about a potential terror threat. Seems someone was hauling a suspicious-looking object — it resembled a torpedo — on the highways around the city.

Before long 30 agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security, were searching for this potential menace.

Even Coast Guard cutters in the area were on the lookout, since the thing looked sort of like a boat.

Next, someone will be calling about 50 gallon drum wood stove and any other thing that might look like a bomb.....
edit on 4-6-2013 by fnpmitchreturns because: clarify

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Typical moronic activity at the DHS. I will bet that when the sub was built, they would have never dreamed that it would be a threat to the US Government, or at least reported as one in the year 2013. I sure hope they don't see any septic pumping trucks around. They would think it was a dirty bomb (pun intended)

edit on 4/6/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm sorry.. I shouldn't laugh. I'm sure this was no laughing matter to the poor people who own this thing and realized the fuss someone made about them. wow.... "They walk among us" ...and have telephones to make stupid calls too!

You know. if I look at the picture just right...Well, it could be a big pipe bomb, huh? Look at the pipe sticking out the end, for example. Ahhh... (knowing look) yes..I see now.. The perfect place to plant the fuse for the couple tons of unstable black powder contained inside. Oh yes... A modern day Trojan Horse! It's a good thing they called the DHS! Someone could have died laughing or something!

What idiots.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There is an old saying...It is better to be safe than sorry.

I would rather people report about things they are concerned about...and find out it is nothing to be worried about...because one of those times the situation could be very valid and stopped before anyone is hurt.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I'm with you on this one. Had something happened then the same people would have been criticized and vilified for not being alert, and no one can fault them for not being alert and following through on their concern. .

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sounds to me like a case of needing an updated process. When traveling and transporting a Civil War era submarine replica, inform the local police departments of the route (sort of like filing a flight plan).

But seriously though. Perhaps education is in order here? I looked at the photo and immediately knew what it was....but then, I read.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
Typical moronic activity at the DHS. I will bet that when the sub was built, they would have never dreamed that it would be a threat to the US Government, or at least reported as one in the year 2013. I sure hope they don't see any septic pumping trucks around. They would think it was a dirty bomb (pun intended)

edit on 4/6/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

I don't really see this as a DHS problem. Someone calls and reports something that looks like a bomb - I am the first to agree stupid caller. Have you ever been in a position of responsibility and had to make these decisions based on some random caller. My stepdaugther was a 911 dispatcher - things like this happen all the time. You make a call dispatch on a wild goose chase, or don't dispatch and someone dies. Which way do you lean or do you just laugh it off and go get a coke. My stepdaughter would tend to err on the safer side. She wasn't quite the gambler that you are.

I'm ok with it being checked out.
edit on 4-6-2013 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just a note for the sake of accuracy -- the submarine in the image is not the Hunley, but a replica of the original confederate sub. I saw the Hunley exhibition when it opened in Charleston, and the actual Hunley was all rusted and looked more like a big turd.
If the exhibit is ever in your area, it's well worth seeing (aforementioned resemblance notwithstanding). It gives you a real sense of how brave those men were who took a seat in that small sub, barely able to sit up straight, and knowing that the last fellow who sat in the seat had drowned.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

The DHS probably has civilians who are relatives or friends of employess call in stuff so that the DHS has "threats" to respond to so they can continue to have their budget increased yearly so they can annoy the US citizen.

The DHS should be focusing on the IRS.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

The DHS probably has civilians who are relatives or friends of employess call in stuff so that the DHS has "threats" to respond to so they can continue to have their budget increased yearly so they can annoy the US citizen.

Do you really really believe that you need to get out and visit reality. For one thing that would just be dumb. For another thing there are enough paranoid wackos gladly call all the time.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

Do you really really believe that you need to get out and visit reality. For one thing that would just be dumb. For another thing there are enough paranoid wackos gladly call all the time.

No , I don't really beleive I need to get out and visit reality because I live in it. No its not dumb and yes there are also lunatics who are paranoid.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fnpmitchreturns

What the hell is wrong with this picture? First a false report about something the caller clearly didn't even have a clue what he/she was looking at. Are the American people that sorry or is it just isolated pockets of morons here and there?

The caller obviously did the right thing. He didn't know what he was looking at. It looked strange. He called it in, so someone who might know could check it out.

That's the whole idea.

What's the problem?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Funny, that thing looks nothing like a torpedo...

Also, Does anybody really think that someone would transport a bomb right out in the open like that? I mean, it didn't even have a tarp over it. Some people...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
Funny, that thing looks nothing like a torpedo...

Also, Does anybody really think that someone would transport a bomb right out in the open like that? I mean, it didn't even have a tarp over it. Some people...

You know a better way to hide something, that to put it out in plain sight?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just wow. Some people are just dumb, and half of them work for the government. It reminds me of the woman who called into the radio program and complained that the government needed to move the deer crossing signs, because too many people were hitting deer with their vehicles. I mean THIS is the world we live in...?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KingErik

Yes, inside a box van that says Pepsi or Coke, nobody ever thinks twice about those, and they're pretty easy to fake.

new topics

top topics

join