It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming of my own death in vivid colours.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I had a very strange dream last night. I'd often been led to believe that if you die in your dreams you die for real. I can now confirm this Is not true. At least not for me.

However I thought someone out there in ATS land might like the account as it had a near death experience attached to it.

A little bit of background. I wrote a thread sometime ago which covered in brief what I thought was a tulpa. And over time I believed that I had created this tulpa to protect me in the pass over (when it eventually comes) from the Demons that await to drag me to hell for all the crappy things I have done through out my life. I do repent and I hope that Jesus will forgive me when my time comes.

For a long while now I had some how known that when my times comes and I actually pass over that I am not to look back. Whether or not I had taken this idea from one of the many horror movies I watch or stories I read or from more otherworldly connections I'm not sure, but that’s what I know I should not do and instead just go forward into the light.

The Dream

I'm standing on top of a hill on a road looking out over the ocean. On the horizon there is a vividly coloured cloud/mist sweeping towards me. It feels like the end of the world and I'm thinking it looks as if Jupiter is colliding with earth. There is a wave that that comes washing up the hill only about shin height and as it hits my legs it feels painful like burning acid. Then the coloured cloud/mist sweeps over me this too has a burning sensation and I know that it is the end. I felt like I held my breath for a second or two and all around me I see sparks and coloured streaks, then all goes black.

In front of me I see a circle of light. Not as some have described a white brilliant light just a circle of white light. I tell myself immediately on seeing it not to look behind, but I do, and I see what I can only describe as a bumpy mass of something black with a dull shine to it.

I woke up quickly feeling very scared. I composed myself then fell back to sleep.

Really weird. And the colours so vivid.

It almost feels as if I have been given a test run as I now know to most definitely not look back. I often wondered what I might see when I did look back maybe my tulpa. But it was not there, just something very scary.

I often find dream interpretation to be very accurate. So I looked this one up to see what it said.

To dream of your own death indicates a transitional phase in your life. You are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Alternatively, you are trying desperately to escape the demands of your daily life. Dreammoods.com

I wish I could say I was becoming more enlightened but I suspect it is more to do with wanting to escape the demands of my daily life. Or maybe a bit of both. I don’t know.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kode

When a person dreams of waves it usually indicates that you are under a lot of pressure and that your feeling that you are being taken over.

Its a stress thing.

Here is a link which may help you.

thedreamwell.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Dreaming of your own death isn't good, it could make a person a little crazy........I guess you are a member of ATS so that's OK.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Man don't worry about it at all.

Nothing to get worked up over.

I've dreamed of myself dying about 6 times now.

I find it fascinating actually.

Hell after watching the movie "Aliens" i dreamed i was cornered between two aliens coming at me so i shot myself in the head and died... in my dream...

Hope you don't dream of a giant tentacle monster burying you alive though under the school sport field though ;-(

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Hope you don't dream of a giant tentacle monster burying you alive though under the school sport field though ;-(

Well now you've mentioned it.

Thanks I think its pressure to.

I did a little research and apparently dreams can be more vivid when your trying to quit smoking, which, I am trying to do.

Plus I need ATS time. Reading ATS actually keeps me sane. Something I'm definitely sure of now.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kode

dreaming about you own death is fine, happened to me last night too,,

some hypnotists practice this thing, where they ask you to think about your theoretical previous life,,,
then the death bed
and finally death and beyond,,,
i once saw a documentary about it,,, cant remember the name, but it was entertaining...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kode

I think precognitive dreaming has a different aspect to it. I personally, do not ascribe to the notion of death, however, there are patterns in everyone's life that can cease if the desire exist.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I check this out from time to time, just another way to validate or invalidate...www.dreammoods.com...

To dream that you die in your dream symbolizes inner changes, transformation, self-discovery and positive development that is happening within you or your life. You are undergoing a transitional phase and are becoming more enlightened or spiritual. Although such a dream may bring about feelings of fear and anxiety, it is no cause for alarm as it is often considered a positive symbol. Dreams of experiencing your own death usually means that big changes are ahead for you. You are moving on to new beginnings and leaving the past behind.

These changes does not necessarily imply a negative turn of events. Metaphorically, dying can be seen as an end or a termination to your old ways and habits. So, dying does not always mean a physical death, but an ending of something. If you dream that someone is telling you that you are going die, then it implies that you are being pressured to make an important change or choice. You are about to embark on some new life adventure.

I always look for the positive aspects, even when viewed as a negative there is positive energy to draw from.
edit on 4-6-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2013 by soulpowertothendegree because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't know what a tulpa is, so some of your post lost me, but I can relate to the death dream thing.
I went through a period many years ago, in which I experienced death, and in pretty mundane ways, very realistic! I even floated over and observed my own funeral in one, in which I saw my family mourning and they put my body in a river. Then a voice said "..and she woke up three days later." And I woke up.

Wierd. But life went on, on this side anyway.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I once ran a big bandsaw that i cut cedar shakes on.
I worked at it 8 hours a day or longer....
Every night,when i closed my eyes, i saw my hands in front of me cutting these two foot long slabs on edge to make 2 tapered shakes for roofing.zip zip zinnnnng three full length cuts and throw them down the shute....

Every time i would nod off to sleep,i would loose my rythm and cut a hand or armoff, or just jam my hand into the blade somehow....freaking wildly ....i would usually , literally, jump right out of bed......
Maybe once or twice this would happen most every night while i worked there....
I think it was a psychological stress relief for NOT cutting myself during the shift!
Concetration like that invades your sleep.....
Also in dream analysis they say a death dream could just be a new beginning in your future...so dont loose any sleep over it.

edit on 4-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

top topics

join