It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage and families

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TimeOfZera
Ya know,FYI... gay marriage is part of the UN agenda 21 as a form of population reduction. Just thouht I'd throw that out there. That won't necessarily stop a gay couple from finding a surrogate if they really wanted a child.

Global depopulation is in itself a thorny and contentious issue. But yes, you are right childless couples will do their part to help stabilise and perhaps lower the overall population. I think promoting gay marriage as a way to achieve these childless couples is a flawed ideal though.

As you yourself have asserted, it's not going to stop gay couples from finding ways to have babies. They are doing it already and have been for quite some time now.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

I agree. Gay people will have kids if they want to. Statistics show that they also adopt - and they adopt "difficult to adopt" kids in greater numbers than straight people do, which is something our society needs.

An October 2011 report by Evan B. Donaldson Adoption Institute found that, of gay and lesbian adoptions at more than 300 agencies, 10 percent of the kids placed were older than 6 — typically a very difficult age to adopt out. About 25 percent were older than 3. Sixty percent of gay and lesbian couples adopted across races, which is important given that minority children in the foster system tend to linger. More than half of the kids adopted by gays and lesbians had special needs.

Why Gay Parents May be the Best Parents

I don't have a problem with a little population reduction, myself. While this earth could house more people by land area, the resources consumed by developed nations are limited, and if the population continues to increase, the results are inevitable.

I happen to think the lowering fertility rates and people making the CHOICE to be childless are nature's way of lowering the population to a more sustainable level. I don't think the UN has ANYTHING to do with it. It's nature, coupled with the effects that having such a large and industrial population have on the planet.

According to 2010 U.S. Census data, the number of childless people age 40 to 44 is close to 20 percent — compared with 10 percent in 1979.

Childless by Choice

Just my thoughts on global population as regards gay people.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I have to say that I started this thread with a very different view on gay parenting. It's not something that I ever really gave any thought to. Thinking about it now, I think that it was more just because my own family is just so damned negative about the gay thing.

I agree with the depopulation agenda too. I think that voluntary depopulation is far more humane that option b - mother nature causing a huge adjustment.

This info on gay adoption does not surprise me the more I think about it. Gay couples (the ones that last) have to be pretty resilient to deal with the crap society throws at them. As a result they learn the value of love and trust in their partner. I guess this makes a good base for a family unit because the one thing a kid craves above all else is stability in their parents. I have seen it in my nephews and nieces. When times are not good between mum and dad, they get really worried and upset.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by projectvxn

Originally posted by projectvxn
We must find a solution that honors the rights of all.

I agree with your position completely. The "rights of all" are:
Rights of citizens to marry who they want.
Rights of churches to disapprove and refuse to marry who they want.

I'm sure some people will press the issue and try to legally force specific churches to marry gay couples at some point (it is their right to try), but I hope our government is smart enough to deny that.

Well you know me. I don't think the government cares about anyone's rights unless they can twist the issue into a chance to violate them.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I agree. Gay people will have kids if they want to.

It will be an amazing biological feat if they can do that.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberneticProphet

Given artificial insemination and adoption...it would seem you are easily amazed. I know lots of gays with kids.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Given artificial insemination and adoption...it would seem you are easily amazed. I know lots of gays with kids.

They way he worded it sounded like two gay men could impregnate one another.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

They way he worded it sounded like two gay men could impregnate one another.

Well actually.... it may not be possible at the moment for a gay man to impregnate another through sex, but it is not beyond the realms of possibility that a man could carry a child although it probably wouldn't end well for father or baby.

www.science20.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join