It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biblical Aliens........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Hi Guys & Gals,

I have become more and more interigued and fascinated by the notion of references to unexplained phenemenon in the bible.

Firstly let me state that I have no religion, but this Idea, is beginning to hold more weight in my belief.

The amount of references to angels and lights coming from the sky in the bible is staggering.

Now most people now accept that past the sky, is space, meaning that whatever they saw, was coming from that place. They did not have the benefits of telescopes.

Ezekiel 1 "word of the Lord came expressly to Ezekiel the priest, the son of Buzi, in the land of the Chaldeans by the river Chebar; and the hand of the Lord was there upon him. As I looked, behold, a stormy wind came out of the north, and a great cloud with a fire enveloping it and flashing continually; a brightness was about it and out of the midst of it there seemed to glow amber metal, out of the midst of the fire.

Now we all know the story of Mary and the miracle birth. The 'Angel Gabriel' came down and told her she was to have a son.

We know of reports of people having "visitations" from extra terestrials and stating they are interested in reproduction, just a quick google search will throw back alot of information.

Paintings including "The Madonna" here:

Depciting a strange craft in the background (there are many other examples of these)

Personally, If i was starting a civilisation, I would want some kind of rulebook, to ensure peace and harmony and to ensure the continuation of the species.

I.E The ten commandments and the bible.

It all makes sense. Following the "star of Bethlehem" a bright light that moved accross the kingdom to where a virgin had given birth. People being taken into the sky by beams of light. You see on TV when a miracle has occured the choir shouts "hallelujah" as a beem of light hits the priest (Generic I know but you get the jist).

Is it really that far fetched that an advanced civilisation created us and nurtured us until we were self sufficient?

This is merely conjecture of course, but to me, this holds more credence than alot of theories out there. I am not saying it is the answer, but it ticks all the right boxes.

edit on 4-6-2013 by Briles1207 because: missing line

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Might want to check these threads

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

relevant to your interests

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
They are not UFO's

The whole thing is explained very well at 1:36:00 in this video :

or just click here

edit on 4-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Briles1207

we are the aliens, now we have just gotten comfortable, about living in a planet for change...
if we lived in space for eternity, we would go extinct because of the non-environmental conditions...
just my thoughts,,,,

have you heard about the ufo that a pharaoh saw? the ufo report is carved in a stone in egypt...
maybe some were left in space, as guardians for the time that we go more au-naturel...
its our turn next time...

...its like the "aliens" are our designated drivers,,,
edit on 4-6-2013 by solve because: designated driver

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

Hey Thanks for the links!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Nice thought, Never really thought of it that way.....

I'll reasearch the carving, I think I have seen it before.....

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
If you cannot wrap yourself around talking snakes, dudes walking on water, virgins getting pregnant out of nowhere and a host of other things in the bible why hold Ezekiel and Daniel and crew to a different standard of truth?

IMHO the bible is a biased reference of history with incredible spin on events. The UFO theorizing still falls into the same category as all the rest.

Now I do believe in "life out there" and I WANT to believe we have been visited in the past mind you. But I'll need a bit more evidence than a biased and contradictory reference book that REQUIRES faith instead of cold, hard testable evidence.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Terminal1 because: punctuation

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Terminal1

i would not believe that people see ufo`s here, or that they have visited us in the past...

but after seeing a a few from a stone throw-away, i have no options, but to believe,,
well,,knowing is different from believing...

its best to rely, in ones one eyes.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

i would not believe that people see ufo`s here, or that they have visited us in the past...

but after seeing a a few from a stone throw-away, i have no options, but to believe,,
well,,knowing is different from believing...

its best to rely, in ones one eyes.

I am not saying you are crazy but you have to understand eye witness testimony is one of the worse kinds of evidence. The brain takes so many short cuts when viewing reality that reality viewed and interpreted by a brain can be quite decieving, especially when that brain has been predispositioned to believe in what the eyes see. Then you have this thing called Illuson of Knowledge to contend with. I am not calling you crazy because that is just the way the brain works for everyone.

Show me a phaser gun or saucer that can go on world tour and be investigated scientifically again and again.

It makes more sense to me that any race that can travel the distances required and manipulate the universe in ways to make that possible would also have the technology not to be seen or detected by us primatives. At the risk of using a strawman, why would aliens choose you for personal viewing?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

i absolutely agree, the only thing that can make you sure, is a personal experience,,,
and i am crazy,,, i am afraid of people claiming they are sane...

i think i have seen them, because i scan the skies like a hawk, literally-all the time,(checking right now)
this has increased the chances for me,

and i am redoncilously nosy... got to have my spoon in every soup...
edit on 4-6-2013 by solve because: OOPSIE DAISY

one more side note,, some of the cases there were other people too obserwing,,,
i really suggest to look to the skies more often,,

i once saw-what i believe- was a supernovas pulsating helium flash... or something..
that was amazing!
edit on 4-6-2013 by solve because: one more

edit on 4-6-2013 by solve because: its a helium flash!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve

i absolutely agree, the only thing that can make you sure, is a personal experience,,,
and i am crazy,,, i am afraid of people claiming they are sane...

i think i have seen them, because i scan the skies like a hawk, literally-all the time,(checking right now)
this has increased the chances for me,

and i am redoncilously nosy... got to have my spoon in every soup...
edit on 4-6-2013 by solve because: OOPSIE DAISY

I do the same because the sky holds so much to be viewed. There isn't a time I do not look up when going outside, especially at night. I have also lived near military posts half my life like Aberdeen Proving Grounds and White Sands Missle Range (for examples) and I have yet to see anything that I would believe to come from outside this planet. I WISH I would see something. Alien spacecraft. Ghosts. Leprechauns. But in my almost 50 years walking this Earth I have yet to see anything.

I also realize that humans are not very perceptive at all. A matter of fact we are quite flawed in a myriad of ways and our brains tend to take many short cuts when interpreting reality around us. Until there is another evolutionary leap or two that imparts on humans a greater interpretation of reality we will be stuck in flawed interpretations. We can't even focus on more than one thing at a time and our perceptions as well as attention can be tricked so easily.

I am not suggesting that people are not seeing what they see. I am sure people see something. I am suggesting that people may not be seeing what they think they see (if that makes sense) and a sample of two people looking at the same cloud can see two completely different things but both interpretations, to the viewer individually are very real.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Take into consideration that observation is one of the basic rules of science investigation. Even thou your mind, current conditions etc., may play many tricks on your appreciation of an event you cannot discard the possibility of realism in that event. Logic plays a very important role at the time of reaching conclusions, to me is more logical the fact that an extraterrestrial being utilizing advanced technological methods was able to implant an embryo in Mary's uterus than simply take for granted that she became pregnant by means of a holy spirit or you could also assume that Holy spirit and extraterrestrial being are the same.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sattro

Take into consideration that observation is one of the basic rules of science investigation. Even thou your mind, current conditions etc., may play many tricks on your appreciation of an event you cannot discard the possibility of realism in that event. Logic plays a very important role at the time of reaching conclusions, to me is more logical the fact that an extraterrestrial being utilizing advanced technological methods was able to implant an embryo in Mary's uterus than simply take for granted that she became pregnant by means of a holy spirit or you could also assume that Holy spirit and extraterrestrial being are the same.

True, observation is a lynchpin of science. Thing is we use instruments and tools to observe for us because they are much more reliable and can "see" and measure what we can't.

As for Mother Mary, if you take the story as a truth then I would much rather write it off as her screwing around than aliens planting embryos.. Human nature can be fickle and we have to take anothers words written as truth the results can be skewed. Who says she was a virgin? Her? Some religious doctor? Was her virginity objectively peer reviewed by non christians/catholics/jews? Whose word do we have to take that she was actually a virgin? After all, when Galileo was pointing out to several members, with a telecope, that Jupiter had moons and even though the observation was there for all of them to see, they refused to "see" those moons even when their eye was put to the telescope because of religious doctrine at the time.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Have you read all of Ezekiel's inaugural vision in the Bible? The whole thing is very strange and it even talks about creatures. Also something interesting, my grandma bought me a bible index and me being the curious person I am, of course I search for the category of "outerspace" and find that story. I just found it interesting that the story was in the outerspace section of the index but here are the parts that I find the most interesting.

Ezekiel 1:5-8
...looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human. But each of them had four faces and four wings. Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings...

Ezekiel 1:10
Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox: each also had the face of an eagle.

Throughout the rest of the story these beings are referred to as "creatures" meaning they were definitely not human in the way that we know.

Ezekiel 1:15-21
As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around. When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved: and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go. and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. (the last sentence is repeated for some reason)

Later, a creature which he calls Lord and he says seems to be made of metal gives him a scroll and tells him to eat it. And I find it strange that the thing that he calls Lord calls him "son of man". Idk I just feel like why is he calling him son of man?

The whole story is bazaar. I don't consider myself all that religious. I mean I go to church occasionally and I believe in God and Jesus, but Im not trying to drill Christianity into anyone.

But even if you don't believe in God at all, you should definitely check out this story in the bible. The whole account is just very interesting and so different from everything else in the bible I believe.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by eyesontheskies

that is from my top 5-bible stories!

thank you for the reminder!
got me thinking about sumerian four-winged, and eagle headed beings...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
They are not UFO's

The whole thing is explained very well at 1:36:00 in this video :

or just click here

edit on 4-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

Excellent excerpt. Unfortunately, I'm quite confident that you can play that repeatedly for the next 6 months in a loop and quite a few people here will still choose not to believe it. They'll continue to subscribe to unproven superstitious beliefs, and you can always count on 100 more posts citing the ufo's in those medieval paintings as proof of ancient aliens cropping up.
edit on 5-6-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyesontheskies

Have you read all of Ezekiel's inaugural vision in the Bible? The whole thing is very strange and it even talks about creatures. Also something interesting, my grandma bought me a bible index and me being the curious person I am, of course I search for the category of "outerspace" and find that story. I just found it interesting that the story was in the outerspace section of the index but here are the parts that I find the most interesting.

Ezekiel 1:5-8
...looked like four living creatures. In appearance their form was human. But each of them had four faces and four wings. Their legs were straight; their feet were like those of a calf and gleamed like burnished bronze. Under their wings on their four sides they had human hands. All four of them had faces and wings...

Ezekiel 1:10
Their faces looked like this: Each of the four had the face of a human being, and on the right side each had the face of a lion, and on the left the face of an ox: each also had the face of an eagle.

Throughout the rest of the story these beings are referred to as "creatures" meaning they were definitely not human in the way that we know.

Ezekiel 1:15-21
As I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the ground beside each creature with its four faces. This was the appearance and structure of the wheels: They sparkled like topaz, and all four looked alike. Each appeared to be made like a wheel intersecting a wheel. As they moved, they would go in any one of the four directions the creatures faced; the wheels did not change direction as the creatures went. Their rims were high and awesome, and all four rims were full of eyes all around. When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved: and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go. and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels. (the last sentence is repeated for some reason)

Later, a creature which he calls Lord and he says seems to be made of metal gives him a scroll and tells him to eat it. And I find it strange that the thing that he calls Lord calls him "son of man". Idk I just feel like why is he calling him son of man?

The whole story is bazaar. I don't consider myself all that religious. I mean I go to church occasionally and I believe in God and Jesus, but Im not trying to drill Christianity into anyone.

But even if you don't believe in God at all, you should definitely check out this story in the bible. The whole account is just very interesting and so different from everything else in the bible I believe.

Hi there,

Yes I have read the parts you have highlighted, the only reason I left them out of my post is due to their bizarre nature! I agree that the bible is very interesting as a story, but then again, so was the davinci code........

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

That being their opinion
or was they there??????

you always think that someone somewhere has all the answers that fits your beliefs

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Well researched facts are undeniable truth and not opinions , i believe in the truth. Good luck in believing whatever you wish was true.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

OP Ezekiel is what started me on my interest in UFOs many years ago. You are not alone.

Have you read Erich Von Daniken's "Chariots of the Gods" ? It's very old, and maybe debunked by now, but it answered some of my questions and created new ones when I was only 18 delving into the subject.

reply to post by PhoenixOD

I like your video there. I'm going to watch it later. We all need to look at all sides.
edit on 5-6-2013 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join