It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank God for Boehner

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
John Boehner Was Allowed To Remain House Speaker Because God Spoke To Republicans!

I don't really know what to say about this.

The U.S. government was spared from going over the fiscal cliff earlier this year because God spoke to a group of Republicans and told them not to turn against House Speaker John Boehner -- at least, that's what they've told the Washington Post.

It is rather incongruent Conservatives can pray to God about Boehner while all (but one) of our Conservative Supreme Court Justices decide it is legal to collect DNA from innocent people? What God are they praying to? Satan? It just doesn't make sense.

Barely 36 hours after the caustic New Year’s Day vote, Boehner faced a coup attempt from a clutch of renegade conservatives.

The cabal quickly fell apart when several Republicans, after a night of prayer, said God told them to spare the speaker.

Still, Boehner came within a few votes of failing to secure his speakership on the initial vote, an outcome that would have forced a second ballot for the first time in nearly a century.

LINK TO STORY

edit on 4-6-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Oh you silly US-Americans, you!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Oh, Americans. You're just so gosh darned lovable, with your quirky little ways and your whacky religious obsessions!

Nice win for Boehner.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I bet Boehner was behind the curtain, like The Wizard of Oz, telling them he was the voice of GAWD! I can see it now!

Please know that not all Americans as nutjobs who check with an invisible sky man to know what to do!!

:shk:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
This man is certainly not performing well. Granted he has a tough job but he's no Newt.

I feel its time he was replaced with somebody who has some sort of vision for the party.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Could this be the absolute worst HORs ever?

Well, Gingrich did roost over what is probably the worst ever, the people who brought us the contract on America.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
No wonder Congress has problems addressing real world issues.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I suppose you all only care when a Republican talks about God. Unless I missed your threads on all the times Obama talks about God. Or maybe you would only care if lefty Huff Post did an article about it? Oh wait, they did.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

God "spoke" to Obama too. Hear that sound? It's your hypocrisy crashing down on you.

It was on those streets, in those neighborhoods, that I first heard God's spirit beckon me. It was there that I felt called to a higher purpose -- His purpose."

Other religious Obama quotes for your horror:

"I wanted to host this breakfast for a simple reason -- because as busy as we are, as many tasks as pile up, during this season, we are reminded that there's something about the resurrection -- something about the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ, that puts everything else in perspective.

"For even after the passage of 2,000 years, we can still picture the moment in our mind's eye. The young man from Nazareth marched through Jerusalem; object of scorn and derision and abuse and torture by an empire. The agony of crucifixion amid the cries of thieves. The discovery, just three days later, that would forever alter our world -- that the Son of Man was not to be found in his tomb and that Jesus Christ had risen.

"We are awed by the grace he showed even to those who would have killed him. We are thankful for the sacrifice he gave for the sins of humanity. And we glory in the promise of redemption in the resurrection."

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

It's one thing to have a personal relationship with God and quite another to consult him and listen to him to make political decisions that go against your better judgment, as these people (and GW Bush before them) have done.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I suppose you all only care when a Republican talks about God.

Nope. Firstly, I'm a conservative and a Christian. Secondly, if you'd read my post you would have seen that I said 'Americans', not 'Republicans.'

There are plenty of Christians on both sides of the political spectrum, and quite frankly I don't care if they believe God speaks to them or not. Makes no difference to me; I just think it's rather cute and amusing. There's no hypocrisy here.

Anyway, thanks for reminding us that Obama is a devout Christian. You've just nailed the 'Obama is a Muslim' myth.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jjkenobi

It's one thing to have a personal relationship with God and quite another to consult him and listen to him to make political decisions that go against your better judgment, as these people (and GW Bush before them) have done.

^^ This, ladies and gentlemen, is the shizzle.
edit on 4/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Barely 36 hours after the caustic New Year’s Day vote, Boehner faced a coup attempt from a clutch of renegade conservatives.

The cabal quickly fell apart when several Republicans, after a night of prayer, said God told them to spare the speaker.

Still, Boehner came within a few votes of failing to secure his speakership on the initial vote, an outcome that would have forced a second ballot for the first time in nearly a century.

LINK TO STORY

edit on 4-6-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

And it's Sharia law in the USA that we should be afraid of?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
These parties are losing their minds out there.Can I request and alien invasion to get all of this over with?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I feel its time he was replaced with somebody who has some sort of vision for the party.

I agree with you that he needs to be replaced but not buy some sort of vision for the party, let not talk party's lets talk the people, we need some one that can work both sides of the fences and not be a butt head and stamp his or her feet when they dont get their way.

We need someone that speaks for the people not someone that reaches into our pockets to see if we have enough money to be heard first.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
God/Religion doesn't belong in politics or government.
The Founders were pretty clear on this.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
God/Religion doesn't belong in politics or government.
The Founders were pretty clear on this.

Amen to that!

Christians should not be in politics. It's a toxic combination.

And I speak as a Christian myself.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
IMHO the only difference between Boner and Pelosi is the genitalia and the amount of plastic in their faces. Boner is a weak and spineless turncoat that is every bit as involved in media/entertainment politics as the rest of the crooks in DC.

What ever happened to having representatives with virtue and dignity that actually represented the interests of the people instead of big government?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I'm a spiritual person myself but I wouldn't want to see my country's laws and policies dictated by even my own beliefs... even though I think they're awesome

My beliefs would equate to someone elses suppression which I wouldn't want for any other human being, even ones I despise.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
This man is certainly not performing well. Granted he has a tough job but he's no Newt.

Coming from someone that wants to kick the homeless in the back....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who could this be, I wonder? Todd Akin??

www.spiegel.de...
edit on 4-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I suppose you all only care when a Republican talks about God. Unless I missed your threads on all the times Obama talks about God. Or maybe you would only care if lefty Huff Post did an article about it? Oh wait, they did. www.huffingtonpost.com...
God "spoke" to Obama too. Hear that sound? It's your hypocrisy crashing down on you.

It was on those streets, in those neighborhoods, that I first heard God's spirit beckon me. It was there that I felt called to a higher purpose -- His purpose."
Other religious Obama quotes for your horror:

"I wanted to host this breakfast for a simple reason -- because as busy as we are, as many tasks as pile up, during this season, we are reminded that there's something about the resurrection -- something about the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ, that puts everything else in perspective.

"For even after the passage of 2,000 years, we can still picture the moment in our mind's eye. The young man from Nazareth marched through Jerusalem; object of scorn and derision and abuse and torture by an empire. The agony of crucifixion amid the cries of thieves. The discovery, just three days later, that would forever alter our world -- that the Son of Man was not to be found in his tomb and that Jesus Christ had risen.

"We are awed by the grace he showed even to those who would have killed him. We are thankful for the sacrifice he gave for the sins of humanity. And we glory in the promise of redemption in the resurrection."

Talk about Him, write about their relationship with a higher power yeah but do they LET HIM vote for Speaker of the House? Do they come back and say we are doing this, not because we feel it is right in our hearts or through our own deductive reasoning, in fact we had no clue at all, so we asked God and God told us - yes, stick with Boehner. Please. I can see asking God about things that are beyond your sphere of knowledge but asking if a man they have known for some time can do the job? They sound not only incompetent but like cultists. Next they'll burn some incense, sacrifice something and vote on which way the blood flows. And I am not 100% sure they don't do that now.

edit on 5-6-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Oh, Americans. You're just so gosh darned lovable, with your quirky little ways and your whacky religious obsessions!

Nice win for Boehner.

how about if Europeans and Americans get together and gather up all the wealthy globalists, political fanatics and religious bigots, and collectively choose a large island to put them on, to live together, and fight amongst themselves. that would leave the rest of us alone, so we may work to make the world a little better place for the next generations of our children.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join