It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish riot police aim tear gas canisters at protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Turkish riot police aim tear gas canisters at protesters

www.salon.com

This striking video shows riot police aim tear gas canisters directly and at close-range at a protestor. This constitutes an entirely illegal useful of the purportedly less-than lethal weapon:Meanwhile, this footage captures protesters wresting riot shields from the police and using them for their own purposes:
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.facebook.com

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Having just found this tweet, about a 9 year old boy killed by a teargas cannister. The police deliberately aimed at the childs chest and fired killing him. This could have been your child. I will post more links as they come in. The total disregard that successive governments hold around the world for their citizens, is becoming apparent as we March towards a New World Order of Governance.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by omega man

Having just found this tweet, about a 9 year old boy killed by a teargas cannister. The police deliberately aimed at the childs chest and fired killing him. This could have been your child.

A tweet is not fact, and NO, this would not have been my child even if this is true. I wouldn't be that negligent with my child.

This isn't breaking news. Are you trying to tie the video to the Tweet? The person hit by a canister was clearly an adult. That in no way excuses what happened, but lets not embellish nonsense you've seen on Facebook.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
pictures on Facebook this morning of a guy shot in the eye with what appears to be a rubber bullet....I wont post the pic as some people might be eating...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

There's not much a government won't do for more corporate profits.
Does locking people in an enclosed space and gassing them remind you of anything?

Check this out. Great photos.

Link to pics / tumblr of Turkish protests / gassing

Turkish President Erdogan is quoted as saying "social media is the worst menace to society"

edit on 4-6-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

May I suggest that you study the technique used in this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It also deals with protesters in Turkey, and the claim of a death at the hands of the government (Which was not supported by the OP, but was on his video.) Of course that thread has a big, mean, scary, truck. It didn't hurt anybody, but it looked like it could have, maybe. You don't have that in this thread.

I don't understand why we need a second thread on a non-story in Turkey, but there may be some subtle, geo-political significance which I don't grasp. Anyway, the other non-strory linked above receieved over 70 flags, I suggest you study it and maybe discuss it with the OP for that thread.

To save time, I will repost most of a post from that other thread which applies perfectly here as well.

Yes, I'd like to try to explain what I meant by a "Strange Thread."

Stripped of it's non-essentials, it seems that the story is basically this:

"At a large demonstration a truck designed to knock down barricades did just that, scaring the *&^%$ out of a protester hiding behind it. Also a protester who was taunting the Police was hit with a water cannon knocking him off his feet."

In the case of the current thread, he wasn't even knocked off his feet. The guy in the video won't win any gushes of admiration from nearby female protesters for that measly hit.

All of the other stuff, calling it horrendous, or barbaric, or reckless or whatever, were opinions added by the OP and other posters.

You could take that same, abbreviated story I just wrote and apply it to dozens of protests in America and the rest of the world, indeed, it's fairly standard, I thought. In some countries, the government sends in armored military vehicles with many deaths resulting. I don't see why this one is particularly newsworthy.

So when this story arouses such passion, and hatred, and gets over 70 flags, I have to shake my head. It's almost as though people were lined up to flag what appears to be a rather mundane story.

Is there a coordinated effort here to try to make something big out of this protest? There are tens of thousands of protesters over days of destructive rioting. If the government was being aggresive, I'd expect dozens of bodies by now.

top topics

join