It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Do not] Put your iPhone in the microwave and charge the battery - Same frequency!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So people posted a meme that said you could charge your IPhone by putting it in the microwave, the comment sections made it more believable by saying it made it's apps faster too, and then some idiot actually microwaved their IPhone.

imgur.com...

Wow... The level of dumb amazes me.
edit on Tue Jun 4 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: added "Do Not" to the title

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

LOL! I'm loving some of the comments on that site. Especially this one!

probablecaz 2 points : 1 day ago reply

You have to submerge it in water first, because the water conducts the electricity.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
"There's a sucker born every minute." I'm surprise someone or anyone else would or want to do this. Because don't they understand putting something like a phone or silverware would not be the brightest idea. Some lessons are learned hard.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
In case you decide not to read the OP and bolt to the microwave with phone in hand.

NOTE: DO NOT PUT YOUR IPHONE IN THE MICROWAVE!

It's not true.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hahaha

I hope it's a troll of the trolls, because otherwise its too painful to consider.

Power densities combine energy density with the speed at which the energy can be delivered to the load.

*points at those 5'th density people* That is what you lot sound like. You need to stand in front of a running magnetron for ascension to work

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

AWESOME

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Just goes to show that when you provide a logical sounding scientific explanation, those of low intelligence will fall for it hook line and sinker.

This is why we have labels on things like Irons (Do NOT iron clothes while wearing them) and Hair Dryers (Do not use in shower or bath tub) etc...

The complete mindlessness of the vast majority of people lately is unbelievable. This is a perfect example.

My money says this guys is one of those people who lives on his iPhone and was so excited about getting an instant charge, he went and tried it the second he seen the meme. You know, the kind of person who crosses the street while updating his facebook.

/facepalm.

Edited to add..
This is exactly how I feel. In case no one noticed it was posted in the comments.

edit on 3-6-2013 by ShadowLink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I'm officially speechless.....
edit on 3-6-2013 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You have to wrap it in tin foil first! Everybody knows that.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I'm G146541 and I approve this message.

Look I'm sure it could happen to an android user but, the fact that it happened to a "fruit on the box" user tickles me pink!
I just hope it was not one of those "geniuses"...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This reminded me of the guy who put van on cruise control and crawled in the back to take a nap. Happened in California and can't find exact article but appears he isn't the only one whose done this. Dang.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Bwahahahahaha

Oh course that is going to happen if you use a non-Apple microwave, next time read the EULA.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Hahaha

I hope it's a troll of the trolls, because otherwise its too painful to consider.

Power densities combine energy density with the speed at which the energy can be delivered to the load.

*points at those 5'th density people* That is what you lot sound like. You need to stand in front of a running magnetron for ascension to work

I was thinking the exact. same. thing.

See, the reason the iPhone charges instantly is because the magnetron in a microwave is 75 hertz which fluctuates at frequency of 18 OHMs which the iPhone is programmed for in the manufacturing facilities for type 7e diagnostic testing. Only the iPhones work because all other phones use type 4c diagnostics. Essentially, you are reverting the phone back to manufacturing standards but it won't affect it negatively, instead it makes it run faster because apps are now loaded bypassing the sub-sectoral mainframe which loads them parallel to main OS systems.

This could have been done with Androids but they use 475 electron quanta in their battery cores.

Oh and if you put the phone in water there's a nifty way for cold fusion.

You need an app for that however.

Oh, and Han Solo's ship can run the Delta quadrant in 5 parsecs.
edit on 3-6-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
NOTE: DO NOT PUT YOUR IPHONE IN THE MICROWAVE!

It's not true.

But it's on the internet.

Therefore it MUST be true...

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
as much as I want to laugh, this culture of tricking ignorant people into doing things for entertainment kind of has me disgusted, it's everywhere..

some people aren't as intelligent as you, haven't made the same mistakes,
some people are growing up in a completely different era of time altogether with this technology now..

most of us don't understand the technical aspects of either the cellphone or microwave beyond their primary functions, and we had to learn how to do that at some point, can you imagine if someone did this type of stuff to you before you had the information? i dont know.. weird path

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I don’t know what is worse the fact that he did it or the fact that this doesn’t surprise me in the least.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I hear you, I really do.

We aren't all born into this world knowing everything we need to know and people shouldn't be looked down upon for not knowing something for whatever reason.

However, bear in mind that he claimed it was something he read on "memedroid" whos entire site is dedicated to "The latest memes, rage comics and funny pictures published."

Do you honestly think he is the victim here and we are the bad guys cause we're getting a laugh at his stupidity?

There is a difference between being stupid and being ignorant.
I'm sorry, but this guy falls firmly in the stupid category. IMO.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
as much as I want to laugh, this culture of tricking ignorant people into doing things for entertainment kind of has me disgusted, it's everywhere..

some people aren't as intelligent as you, haven't made the same mistakes,
some people are growing up in a completely different era of time altogether with this technology now..

most of us don't understand the technical aspects of either the cellphone or microwave beyond their primary functions, and we had to learn how to do that at some point, can you imagine if someone did this type of stuff to you before you had the information? i dont know.. weird path

Seriously?

If someone can afford a fancy iphone and is too stupid to know that putting it in the oven is a bad idea... then I have no face when.

bloody hell, I can't even haggle myself a second hand video card for all these people with too much cash and no brains. It's not like they are going to change the world by having all that stuff.

nah, let them learn the hard way. simple really. Maybe then they will learn the value of what they have.

oO

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
He obviously should have made some tinfoil antenna to distribute the waves equally.

A common noob mistake.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
What an idiot, that only works on Macs....(microwavable mac and cheese)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join