It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women & Blaming Others First

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Wow. Sorry you had a run in with "the mean girls" which is no joke! I've been there myself, as a woman.

Here is one thought/question I had while reading your story:
Is it possible that the woman with the computer music really didn't know the music was from her machine?
Could her actions have been, in her eyes, "this guy is messing with me, I'm going to go check it for myself," and then when she was shown up, albeit due to her own ignorance, she felt shamed? Were you giving her the "so there!" vibe? Shamed people can easily attack instead of admitting their mistake and wallowing in the embarrassment - not just women either.

In the other cases, it sounds like the people you worked/still work with with were/are of extremely low integrity and need(ed) a fall-guy (or gal) to take the heat for their bad behavior. It might also have been a bit of a thrill for them, which is just incredibly pathetic. I would point out, however, that it could have just as easily been the "odd duck" woman that got the shaft, as these particular characters seem at about a high-school level of chicanery and malevolence. Anyone who wasn't in the 'queen bee and courtiers' crowd would be a fair (in their minds) target for taking all their blame.

Again - sorry you are having this kind of stress. Nobody needs it, and it is never asked-for. The best advice I have (though I know you haven't asked ;-) is to recommend the kinds of efforts you took when the con didn't work and you sent the ladies packing. Document every accusation and compare it to your own schedule so that if it becomes appropriate you can calmly pull out your documents and give them the truth smack-down. Power to you on that, should you choose to take it on.

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Dear Men,

I've said this before, but I'll say it again: If you want to know how women think, read "The Female Brain."
You will thank me.

peace,
AB

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli
reply to post by winofiend

In all fairness I should indeed have lowered my expectations of my coworkers at my initial job.

The first location was a major high end retailer at which I was in an assistant manager position. The girls' club included my direct overseeing manager whom made the career mistake of involving herself with illicit drugs making their way through the building.

Memories of my final day there still bring a chuckle years later.

Having been fingered for theft (by said girls' club) and thought, by management and coworkers, to have been unaware of investigation into my ALLEGED activities I engaged in what I fondly recall as "operation fcuk up."

I was dressed entirely in black. Black tie, black shirt, black slacks, socks and shoes were a necessity for the occasion. I had, over the months made friends in "informed" locals whom passed along damning evidence involving 4 out of 10 of the clique in my department as well as their "friends" (a.k.a. PIC's) in other departments.

I secretly passed along information to the right people and waited until the final hour of the day when people were usually fired. I played along acting oblivious to the watchful gaze of those eagerly awaiting my expulsion form the company.

Oh the look on their faces when cometh the fated hour the security guards approached me only to give a nod of the head and instead proceed to walk those 4 to their cars.

The best reaction would be of one "Tina" lets call her who immediately placed her hand over her mouth turning pale as ghost and subsequently fleeing the sales floor not to be seen again for the rest of the day.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Needless to say I then walked to the store manager's office to turn in my letter of resignation fully detailing my experience which then led to my former manager being fired days later.

Bwahahahahahahaaha!

To top it off the store manager complimented my actions and attire as "worthy of a Shakespearean plot of deception." He then wrote me a letter of recommendation and landed me a manager's position at my current place of employment.
edit on 4-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

EDIT
Let me add that it would be foolish to treat with scorn the maintenance crews, outsourced security, and scorned saleswomen as they can be the best of friends when one honestly treats them with dignity and respect in the world of deception high end retail operates within.

For the record I despised classical literature until I entered the ridiculous world of high end retail and management and have since been forced to admit my ignorance in having had such low opinions prior.
edit on 4-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: Sometimes I wonder if I should have entered politics, LoL I kid I kid!

So you had the same problem with females at your previous employment? seems to be a pattern emerging. are you sure its not you who causes this negativity, because your tone suggests you think they are beneath you?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

I'd rather not take your advice if you don't mind.

First, I'm still figuring out how I think.

Second, not knowing provides some of the intrigue, mystery, and charm. I'd hate to know, scientifically, what's going on in their heads.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by BeReasonable

I have noticed a general trend of these mannerisms from the school yard to the workplace and am fairly confident that I did not initiate the majority of the conflicts which arouse. However I have not a single complaint about situations which I brought about.

It is not as if I have only held two jobs. I merely use them as the most recent examples. Of course I did see similar behavior in other places I worked but it has only escalated once certain variables shifted.

You have a valid point but seem to be cherry picking a bit by not addressing the example which brought on the rant in the first place. Of course my tone is rather off putting recalling past events which have left a sour taste in my mouth.

To take a note from your avatar of being reasonable, does it at all seem reasonable to attempt to blame another for not doing work from another department which I had no association with? Is it reasonable to blame another for not answering a phone call placed to the facility when you are not present at said facility due to it being your day off? Is it reasonable to not check the volume settings on your computer when music begins playing before turning to a nearby person and demanding they turn off "their" music?

I find it odd that people come saying it is somehow my fault that others blatantly invent scenarios and immediately place the blame on me.

Maybe I just attract such behavior?

I wonder what it is that would incite such disrespectful behavior to begin blaming a person for nonsense?

As this thread has developed I have indeed though noticed a trend, but it requires more data before any conclusions can be made as to its veracity.
edit on 6-6-2013 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Fair enough, Charles. I would hate to take away the allure of the mystery ;-)

My suggestion is only an attempt to bring understanding for those who may be confused and frustrated.
However, I do believe reading it may actually enhance relationship and provide keys for anyone who dares enter the pages, not to unlock the mystery or dismantle it, but to better appreciate it... We all like to be appreciated!

(I still think you'd thank me.) *shrug*

peace to you,

AB

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AboveBoard

Dear AboveBoard,

To respond in a serious way, and forget about the laughs, I admit your right, at least in part.

Women are different from men, from the inside out, and men need to have that fact burned into their brains. A book such as you suggest may be the way to get that knowledge.

I haven't read the book, but I might have learned some of its lessons by experience. If a guy doesn't want to go the book route, I can only suggest that he approach a woman almost as if she were an alien. Listen closely, observe carefully, ask lots of questions, don't assume you understand each other, and like with any alien, be very careful.

Thanks for your suggestion.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalseMove
I just came on here to look for info on the topic of "synchronicity", specifically many negative occurrences.

I saw this on the home page and I thought I'd read it.

I do wonder - if the idea of negative synchronicity might have something to do with your issues, too?

People have always been extremely hostile to me and I honestly don't know why. Are other people hostile to you, besides your co workers? Even strangers - such as shop workers, etc?

Do you have other bad luck? For me, if I remove myself from people - then other random bad luck starts up such as accidents, illness, and really weird and odd things - to make a fake example - someone will phone me up and demand the money I borrowed in 1960. Yeah, I wasn't even *born then* so that would be crazy.

But - stuff like this happens to me ALL the time. And people have ALWAYS been rude and hostile to me - for NO reason.

I got the Bad Ju Ju. And maybe you do, too.

?

Thanks David Icke

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
umm.........................................nevermind.

Well ok just this. "He who holds his tongue is a wise man". ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Okay now we have a doctor blaming men for menopause! I can't stop laughing!

NOTE It is a male doctor from Canada making this accusation, I say he is a traitor . . . LoL

New Study Says Men Are Cause Of Menopause
pittsburgh.cbslocal.com...

Why do women go into menopause?

“The ovaries basically shut down,” explains West Penn Hospital OBGYN Dr. Emily Lebovitz. “Why exactly that occurs we don’t know.”

Around age 50, women end their reproductive years — an event called menopause. Hormones change, menstrual cycles stop, and natural childbearing is no longer a possibility.

“It’s certainly healthier for them to have children in their 20s, 30s, 40s, and then it becomes much more difficult,” Dr. Lebovitz continues.

But a Canadian researcher says it’s because of men, and because of competition.

Using computer modeling, he found competition among men of any age for younger mates left older females with less chance of reproducing.

He says the result is that genes favoring menopause got passed down through the generations, so that now it’s a normal part of the female genetic blueprint.

I wonder how many men are praying that their menopausal wife / gf never sees this?

If they do see this article I wonder how may men would be after this guy for some good old fashioned tar and feathering as a result of the additional crazy he just unleashed?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join