It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story Of Muammar Gaddafi

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I came across an articulate-article! Its one of those rare stories you'll ever grasp. Anyways, this is good stuff I'm sharing, and... I'd suggest you read in your spare time. Its pretty long ride!

The story begins back in the mid-1970s with a lonely and frustrated Colonel Gaddafi. He had come to power in 1969 with a burning ambition to transform the world – by liberating the Arab countries from the domination of the west, especially from Britain and America. But no-one would help him – or even cared. He was simply ignored.

Gaddafi was following the vision that had been set out by his hero Gamal Abdel Nasser, the President of Egypt. Nasser had promised to unify the Arab world and transform it into a new revolutionary force that would be strong enough to stand up to the western powers.

But then, in 1970, Nasser died and his vision faltered. Gaddafi tried to keep it alive by unifying Libya with other countries – first with Egypt under Sadat, then with Tunisia and Algeria in something he called “The Steadfastness Front”. He even tried Idi Amin in Uganda. But one by one the Arab countries gave up and slipped back to being the compliant puppets of America or Russia

But Gaddafi wasn’t going to give up. He was determined to challenge the old colonial powers.
He was convinced that Northern Ireland was very like Libya. The Catholics, he believed, were fighting a revolutionary struggle against the yoke of British imperialism. So he offered to supply them with money and arms.

The Story Of Muammar Gaddafi

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I wish everyone could understand the truth about this man. He was no saint by any means, and in fact, I do not think he was any worse than any western leader. Western leaders kill many as well, although often times it remains secret, but while they are killing they are at the same time lying to the people about either what they've done, or their reasons for doing it. Look at Bush going into Iraq. If it is something that cannot be hidden from the public, then they lie about it, simply to gain support. Gaddafi, like I said, was not a "good" guy as far as most people use the word, but for a leader in a country in Africa, I don't think he was "that" bad.

And the next important thing to realize, which is the entire point of your thread from my point of view, is that Gaddafi wanted to break with the west. He wanted to create an African Union, he wanted to do things with oil, to benefit his and other African countries, and the US could not have that. And they weren't the only country against this. And even more importantly, Gaddafi did not want to have to rely on US dollars. It was for these reasons that he HAD to be taken out. He was gaining too much credibility among people who could actually get things done. Plus, he probably had a lot of dirt on western leaders. It wouldn't surprise me, as he was not stupid. And it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that the CIA, and probably other intel agencies, had a hand in the "revolution" in Libya. The rebels only came out on top because of the foreign intervention.

So while there are people out there saying he was a horrible person, you need to realize that your country's leader probably is as well. And this is true even if your leader is Obama. Especially true. If you buy what the government says regarding international matters, without reading the writing on the wall, without actually looking into what has occurred in the past, etc, then I feel sorry for you. And in fact, you are simply serving to act as inadvertent disinformation agents for the US government.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Good post to build perspective. We really need to overthrow the media since they help to form opinions that harbor support for interference. I personally don't agree with a lot of stuff that goes on in other countries but its their fight. People need to be allowed the process of fighting their own battles. They aren't pretty and not always won according to our values but that's the process. If Lybia sent over armies to help the south fight the north back during the Civil war things would look different. It wouldn't have been fair. Resentments would still be present and they would have a psychological foothold. Maybe not the best hypothetical but we really should stay out of other countries business.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Gaddafi was also one of the first people to expose the "rebel" forces in his country as Al Qaeda terrorists that were being funded by the west. It wasnt his people that were rebelling against him, most Libyans loved Gaddafi.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Gaddafi was speaking out against Al Qaeda and radical islam but instead of supporting him the U.S. and our allies decided to help Al Qaeda, our supposed enemies, instead?

This makes absoultely no sense unless the war on terror was a fraud to begin with and our govts are using Al Qaeda to take over the middle east.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
In my opinion, Gadaffi's greatest acheivement was the man made river. This brought running water to people in the Sahara desert.

This was bombed by Nato.

F****ing crime against humanity if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by deessell
In my opinion, Gadaffi's greatest acheivement was the man made river. This brought running water to people in the Sahara desert.

This was bombed by Nato.

F****ing crime against humanity if you ask me.

Yes, Nato is indeed a crime against humanity.
Gadaffi would have done a lot of good for the african continent as a whole and rid it of imperial filth.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The man had dark past but he changed for the better since early 2000.

He was true visionary for future African continent.

Sadly he was taking out by "rebel"... aka fudging terrorist funded by the west shadow hands.

Gaddafi last words:

'What did I do to you?'

Gaddafi last Action:

"Gaddafi did not run away, and he did not want to escape

edit on 6/4/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/4/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
A country leader that was killed, because he was against the world global monetary market. What a sad reason to kill a person.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

He has more honor than Iranian Shah who escaped Iran several times and he didn't return in the last time.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
reply to post by luciddream

He has more honor than Iranian Shah who escaped Iran several times and he didn't return in the last time.

But we all know what the history books will write about Gaddafi.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I always find it funny the only people who seem to think Gaddafi was not a scum bag are people who are not Libyan. You go to Libya and try sell the Gaddafi is not so bad crap to them and see how they react. They have museums dedicated to famlily members who were killed and tortured before the revolution. Any of you are welcome to visit, they will be happy to educate you on what living under Gaddafi was like.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

No, its not like 100% of the population hated him...it is just like how 50% democrats 50% republican sin American.

50% or its leaders(people who would get a blow back if Gaddafi remained in power) and other 50% would benefit...

Don't forget he wanted to get money out of government and put it into people's account.... some people hated that idea and some loved it.

Western media portrayed one sided story.. its like Libyans hearing American news about democrats from fox.

the 50% is obviously a ballpark.. its around there.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I always find it funny the only people who seem to think Gaddafi was not a scum bag are people who are not Libyan. You go to Libya and try sell the Gaddafi is not so bad crap to them and see how they react. They have museums dedicated to famlily members who were killed and tortured before the revolution. Any of you are welcome to visit, they will be happy to educate you on what living under Gaddafi was like.

Now now you are spoiling the party. After all only armchair ATS's who have never been to Libya know what life was like under Gaddafi. Those people in Libya who hated him, whose familes were tortured and families disappeared are CIA stooges......

I'm afraid thinking is not one of the apologists strong points. Sure there are people in Libya who loved him...DUH! It was tribal DUH !!!

As for the Northern Ireland point. Hmmm Tell me you wonderful apologists what was supposed to happen to the protestants in your warped world view? Forcibly removed from their homes?

Before someone with half brain comes out with the term "British occupation of Ireland" please read a history book, one that goes back to the 11th century. At no point in history did "British" troops cross the Irish Sea, fight some Irish natives and take over the country....sheesh!!!

In fact here is the bummer : Irish catholics are descendants of English catholics OMG !

Irrespective of the history of Northern Ireland does this mean planting bombs and blowing up pubs, streets of shops and department stores is ok? (NB not empty! hence dead civilians)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Those who liked ghadafi in lybia are exactly like the ones who liked husni Mubarak of Egypt , bin Ali in Tunisia, Assad in Syria, salih in Yemen, bu tafliqa in algierya, and the list goes on , these lies are made from those who liked them as if they were saints when they were evil , but people like you and who star and flag your post will never know the truth until they are in the same shoes of those who suffered for years .

Shame on you all making people like ghadafi and who are like him heroes , shame shame shame , one day some of you will be in the same situation of revolution , so tell me what will your reaction be when people say about you what you are saying about them now .
edit on 4-6-2013 by Dr UAE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87
Gaddafi was also one of the first people to expose the "rebel" forces in his country as Al Qaeda terrorists that were being funded by the west. It wasnt his people that were rebelling against him, most Libyans loved Gaddafi.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Gaddafi was speaking out against Al Qaeda and radical islam but instead of supporting him the U.S. and our allies decided to help Al Qaeda, our supposed enemies, instead?

This makes absoultely no sense unless the war on terror was a fraud to begin with and our govts are using Al Qaeda to take over the middle east.

I think this is revealing itself slowly, one shadow invasion at a time. In fact, this is what's happening in Syria right now. Why are our government agencies backing these radical muslims who self-affiliate with al qaeda? And, of course the bought and paid for media (all of them) are ignoring this. They are also blacking out the dictatorial-like clamp down and gassing of citizens in Turkey by the elected radical muslim leadership.

The wider picture is slowly coming to view, and it's not about "terrorism". In fact, this terrorism seems to have been more a vehicle to expansionism than it is to the willingly manipulated forces of terror groups (screw them too by the way - they are the most culpable, but that's not the point of this discussion).

So, the question is: what's the end game? Is it western mega-corporate expansion? Is this just the veil of nwo men pulling strings from the shadows, slowly working toward a singular world government ruled by their families? All we really know is the facts contradict the official stories at every turn.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

they will be happy to educate you on what living under Gaddafi was like.

And i am quite sure 100% that the current Libyans just how great what living under the current government is like and how much of a divided place is and the lack of role of women.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

I will give you a star for the humor by the ways how the new Egypt or Libya doing lately?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
And, of course the bought and paid for media (all of them) are ignoring this. They are also blacking out the dictatorial-like clamp down and gassing of citizens in Turkey by the elected radical muslim leadership.

Proof please. The mainstream Western media has been covering the Turkish riots consistently and in great detail, ever since they began.

Anyone who doesn't know this is just pig ignorant.
edit on 5/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by pirhanna
And, of course the bought and paid for media (all of them) are ignoring this. They are also blacking out the dictatorial-like clamp down and gassing of citizens in Turkey by the elected radical muslim leadership.

Proof please. The mainstream Western media has been covering the Turkish riots consistently and in great detail, ever since they began.

Anyone who doesn't know this is just pig ignorant.
edit on 5/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

Just because they are covering it doesnt mean they are telling the truth...

The Turkish riots could be a very big deal since the U.S. has military bases there. Could be a bigger Benghazi in the works in order to touch off WWIII.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

I have spoken to people from Libya and I know for a fact that you couldnt be more wrong. The Gaddafi haters were in the vast minority. Most educated Libyans understood that what Abu Shafshufa did was for the better of Libya eventhough it wasnt always on the up and up.

Sorry to burst your bubble but he wasnt the monster that the media made him out to be.
edit on 5-6-2013 by Nicks87 because: spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join