It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korean officers join Assad's forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Opposition claims Pyongyang is sending officers to aid Assad in Aleppo. Reports indicate continued upscale in Hezbollah participation in Syrian war, including terror group's fighters manning Syrian tanks in battle for Qusair

www.ynetnews.com...

Nothing "official"... but do you think NK is stupid enough to do this and be called out? (Again)

Not sure how much war-time experience these North Korean officiers may have, since they haven't been a war time situation in over 60 years? Maybe they are their not for guidance, but for logistical war-time training? or how to deal with an uprising?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Some in the world and here on ATS have been trying to point out that there are alliances here that are deadly serious and very real. Just because our National Leadership chooses to make light and humor of them, doesn't mean they aren't as serious as a heart attack.

Now I was fully aware of the DPRK/Iran Alliance and mutual aid. Syria is a bit of a surprise, but since Iran has formal mutual aid and military treaty commitments to Syria. I imagine the ally of my ally is also my ally for the DPRK's thinking and why not?

Aside from that, North Korea is HARD core communist in the old school style. In other words, military men in North Korea didn't volunteer and they didn't get asked. They got told, young, this is what you will be for xx number of years, or for life ..depending on how good the Pyonyang Government figures each individual is at it. So...I wouldn't sell them short. Not even a little bit. Their idea of an easy day back home would break most Jihadis in short order for hardships taken as routine parts of life, IMO.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
A handful of NK advisors would not be a suprise. With so much of the Syria military having left to join the FSA, they could no doubt used experts who are not going to change sides. This was very common during the cold war, you would often find advisors from both sides in just about every conflict then. Although considering Assad is not depending on Iranian, Lebanese and Hezbolla forces to stay in power you have to wonder what his plan is, if barely any Syrians are on your side you have to know it is only a matter of time before the outsiders get tired of bleeding for you. On top of that the West appears to be getting to the point they will begin full out arming the rebels and that will be a very bad day for Assad.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hmm... a manufactured incident provokes retaliation....
"DPRK officer killed by USA supplied munitions. Story at 11:00."

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Interesting, but where dose it go from here?

Red dawn coming to a city near you?

Unless Russia, and China open borders up I don't see the DPRK being a real threat in the ME.
edit on 3-6-2013 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I was thinking the opposite actually.. What better way for North Korean to gain new insight into US forces / tactics / weapons without directly engaging in armed conflict. The US / West is involved in Syria, which makes this a perfect opportunity for North Korea to learn.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Talk about clutching at straws!

Anything to try to boost the fear and "Axis of whatever" factor! And from an Israeli news site too, so it must be true for the chosenites never lie!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

Maybe but a good place to try out some weapons the DPRK have been working on , what better way to test than in actual combat...
end reply...
now for the rest of the readers: DPRK has more than one friend in the mid east, than Syria, Pakistan, Palestine, and others this can be found by typing in DPRK North Korea trade, or check this one link out to see where the rabbit hole goes www.ncnk.org... One has to remember China is the key to all this , we do not know all that goes on behind the curtain of the DPRK and what is done by China, just because they say this , does not mean that, "that" weapons trade is not being done.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
If true, it's probably good Assad. He's lost officers and could use help with logistics and training and intel.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm no fan of Assad, but I have yet to figure out why our government...or NATO in general...seems to be hell bent on supporting the FSA.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

WHAT?? You have not figured it out yet?? One word Terror.. that is to say keep the war on it going why else help the sworn enemy of the USA and the west, Just check ASIA news and no word on it there of DPRK sending advisers to Syria

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I will say this , when there is just one link be leery of what you read when the are 10 links that link back to the first link be watchful, when there are two links, not AP or UPI or to the first, of the same story then it must be a story.... so far no 2 links. when it comes to Syria and the DPRK... this is not the first time the 2 have been linked www.reuters.com... from the link

Exclusive: U.N. probes possible North Korea arms trade with Syria, Myanmar

edit on 4-6-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I dont know where you get your information from, but Hezbolla forces are helping out Syrian forces.

Washington post

Aljarzeera

top topics

join