It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rules For Gun Fighting

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Fast is slow, slow is fast.

Decide to be aggressive enough quickly enough

Given the types of lines in this thread I would highly recommend reading Principles of Personal Defense by Jeff Cooper, its a very short read but on point with the topic of the thread.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Damn. I forgot an important one.

The Navy's first rule in a gunfight is......................................SEND THE MARINES!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Lazarus Short
This may be too wordy, but I think it is worthy:

15. If you ever have it out with an enemy, never leave him “for dead.” Be certain! People have been known to recover from horrible wounds and injuries. A final shot or blow, preferably to the base of the skull, will help you sleep easier, and may prevent an unpleasant surprise at some future date.

Aye! Seconded!

I've told much the same thing to my kids, but shortened it up to "Never leave a breathing enemy behind you, no matter how 'out' he looks."

posted on Oct, 26 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
When its not good enough for the Air Force, its perfect for the Army. When the equipment/radios/tech is too outdated for the Air Force, its still 10 years ahead of the Army
When the AF cant do something because its too difficult, they call a Ground Pounder, who beats on whatever it is till it works

Just some funnies I felt like throwing in

posted on Nov, 12 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, just had to add these classics...from Military Manuals....

'Don't eject directly over the area you just bombed.'
- U.S. Air Force Manual -

'Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword, obviously never encountered automatic weapons.'
- General MacArthur -

'You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me.'
- Infantry Sgt. -

'Tracers work both ways.'
- Army Ordnance Manual -

'Five second fuses last about three seconds.'
- Infantry Journal -

The three most useless things in aviation are:
1. Fuel in the bowser;
2. Runway behind you; and
3. Air above you.
- Basic Flight Training Manual -

'Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once.'
- Naval Ops Manual -

'Never tell the Platoon Sergeant you have nothing to do.'
- Unknown Infantry Recruit -

'If you see a bomb technician running, try to keep up with him.'
- Infantry Journal -

'Yea, Though I Fly Through the Valley of the Shadow of Death,
I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 50,000 Feet and Climbing.'
- Sign over SR71 Wing Ops -

'You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3.'
- Paul F. Crickmore (SR71 test pilot) -

'The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.'
- Unknown Author -

'If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage it has to be a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe.'
- Fixed Wing Pilot -

'When one engine fails on a twin-engine plane, you still have enough power to get to the scene of the crash.'
- Multi-Engine Training Manual -

'Without ammunition, the Air Force is just an expensive flying club.'
- Unknown Author -

'If you hear me yell "Eject, Eject, Eject!", the last two will be echos.'
'…and if you stop to ask "Why?", you'll be talking to yourself, because by then you'll be the pilot.'
- Pre-flight Briefing from a Canadian F104 Pilot -

'What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots?
If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; but If ATC screws up, .... the pilot dies.'
- Sign over Control Tower Door -

'Never trade luck for skill.'
- Author Unknown -

The three most common expressions in military aviation are:
1. ‘Did you feel that?'
2. 'What's that noise?', and
3. 'Oh S...!'
- Authors Unknown -

'Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfully complete the flight.'
- Basic Flight Training Manual -

'Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground who is incapable of understanding or doing anything about it.'
- Emergency Checklist -

'The Piper Cub is the safest airplane in the world; it can barely kill you.'
- Attributed to Max Stanley (Northrop test pilot) -

'There is no reason to fly through a thunderstorm in peacetime.'
- Sign over Squadron Ops Desk at Davis-Montham AFB, AZ -

'You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes full power to taxi to the terminal.'
- Lead-in Fighter Training Manual -

The test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, wings and tail torn off; the crash truck arrives.
The driver notes the bloodied pilot and asks,’ What happened?'
The pilot replies, 'I don't know, I just got here!'

edit on 12/11/13 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Thanks for those spirit_horse! Awesome collection. If all these ever get combined we'll have one of the most practical manuals ever created.

Much appreciated.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Rule # 99, if in doubt shoot all of them, god will know his people, sorting them out now will get you killed.

posted on Nov, 30 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Bassago
14. Never bring a knife to a gun fight.

I take issue with #14

Personally, I think it should be "Always take a knife to a gun fight - knives don't run out of ammo"

Of course, that is meant to mean - always bring a knife in addition to the guns you'll be bringing.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by stutteringp0et

just fix bayonets

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents

One of the worst feeling in the world is needing a gun and not have one.

Or having a gun but not remembering where you put the bullets.

The worst is getting shot with your own weapon.

You got to watch your ole lady, to don't leave loaded weapon where she could get a hold of it especially when it that time of the month, I know a couple guys did that one got it in the head the other one a cop had to hide out from his wife, while on duty, when his wife came gunning for him with one of his loaded spares.
Yea, my wife drop the hammer on me also, but that goes back to not getting shot with own gun, I don't leave a loaded weapon where someone else can use it on me. She said she knew it wasn't loaded, I don't know how as the only thing she knew how to do is put the trigger.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

my wife saw someone die at the barrel of a gun so she wouldn't point a gun at me

posted on Dec, 28 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

An empty firearm is just a club (or a rock). If you can't trust your wife not to shoot you, you have bigger problems than making sure your guns aren't loaded.

posted on Dec, 29 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

stutteringp0et
reply to post by OOOOOO

An empty firearm is just a club (or a rock). If you can't trust your wife not to shoot you, you have bigger problems than making sure your guns aren't loaded.

Dude, you miss the whole point, what I post, I was not stupid enough to allow my wife to get her hands on one of my loaded weapons. My point was, I have a weapon I know where my ammo is, I am not going to allow my, wife or anyone else access to one of my loaded weapons.

Then again you have a have a point, as I should of never said "I do " simple as that. But I don't trust my wife, she's a woman ( PMS ) Dude, I don't trust much of anyone, if I really don't trust you my hand is already in my pocket and will stay there until you are no longer present or I shoot your ass. If you are stupid enough to put your weapon in my hand the first thing I will do is unload it if it's loaded, before I will return it to you.

If a person Is close enough for me to touch, I can kill that person, with one motion. If a person is close enough for me to touch and I have have anything in my hand, I could kill that person in a instant. I would then take what ever weapon, weapon's that person has in their possession.

I have fought people over the possession of weapon, I have had weapon pointed at my head, I have had weapon discharged in my direction. I have had people say they were going to kill me, walking up to my front door, problem being they had nothing in their hand and I was already cocked ready to drop the hammer.

You would be lucky if you could handle my wife even if she did not have a weapon, as several dude's have found out the hard way. First she would mace you, then it would be down hill from there, yea, she mace me a couple of time's I just told her she was wasting her time which just made her madder. You would have to use some of of the stronger mace, to get a response out of me.

So anyhow your a bit mistaken.

edit on 29-12-2013 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OOOOOO

all you'd need is a charliehorse and you can't walk for a minute. i've gotten in arguments with my wife and never had a hand layed on me. why? she never got the opportunity and am too fast for her

posted on Jan, 14 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

stutteringp0et

Bassago
14. Never bring a knife to a gun fight.

I take issue with #14

Personally, I think it should be "Always take a knife to a gun fight - knives don't run out of ammo"

Of course, that is meant to mean - always bring a knife in addition to the guns you'll be bringing.

Mythbusters did an episode about this.

youtu.be...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Bassago

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
This may be too wordy, but I think it is worthy:

15. If you ever have it out with an enemy, never leave him “for dead.” Be certain! People have been known to recover from horrible wounds and injuries. A final shot or blow, preferably to the base of the skull, will help you sleep easier, and may prevent an unpleasant surprise at some future date.

Ha, that's the full expanded version of rule #2.

This one calls for a little on topic humor.

911 caller - I just had a hunting accident. I think I killed my hunting partner.

911 operator - OK, calm down; the first thing to do is be sure your partner is dead

911 caller - (brief pause followed by a gunshot) - Ok, what next?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Nice!

Sort of a quick "hands on example" for rule #2.

911 operator: OK now, hide the body.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Big caliber...

Ah yes...

Memories of moose hunting...

Not only do you need big caliber, you had damn well better be a good shot because you've only got one chance to get it right.

If you cause just a flesh wound, you'll barely have enough time to bend over, put your head between your legs, and kiss your sorry arse goodbye.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
SAS trains two to the head.

Chrome plated slides can see around corners.

Reaction time is typically .4 seconds if your ready.

Could be as low as .1 seconds
edit on 10-8-2014 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join