It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ultimate Revolution - Will The Circle Be Unbroken?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The historical cycle seems to be: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to apathy; from apathy to dependency; and from dependency back to bondage once more.

Have you heard of the Ultimate Revolution? First of all, what is a Revolution? It's a full circle, nothing more than revolving transitions- generally applied to humanity/civilization/society.

If the few had plans to rule the many, total manipulation of the natural revolution would be needed.

Bondage: Slavery
Spiritual Faith: Organized Religion
Courage: Nationalism
Liberty: Consumerism
Abundance: Gluttony
Selfishness: Greed
Apathy: Ignorance
Dependency: Debt

Slavery is a transition utilized when the people no longer wish to function for the continuity of the government, they must be enslaved to keep the machine moving until that slave is convinced. When the people break from this, it comes from self-realization and the understanding that they still have choices. This natural step from slavery can be thwarted, by replacing self-realization with fear-based religion, this makes the would-be free slave malleable to further propaganda, in which they take pride in their illusion of freedom and in fact embrace it via nationalism. This spirals on throughout the list.

Have you heard of the Pyramid of Power?

There are many alternatives, but the overall concept is that the Power naturally rises to the Top. In my opinion, this is one aspect of the symbol on our dollar bill.

Some of you may have read this before, but even so it's worth another examination:

Letter from Alduous Huxley to George Orwell: In the Future, I am Right

Within the next generation I believe that the world's rulers will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging and kicking them into obedience.

In other words, I feel that the nightmare of Nineteen Eighty-Four is destined to modulate into the nightmare of a world having more resemblance to that which I imagined in Brave New World. The change will be brought about as a result of a felt need for increased efficiency. Meanwhile, of course, there may be a large scale biological and atomic war — in which case we shall have nightmares of other and scarcely imaginable kinds.

I'm inclined to agree. The evidence is overwhelming to me, that it is very easy for the few to rule the many.
After all, we give Sheep a bad name. Sheep need a shephard to lead them to slaughter, while humans do it their damn selves. Through ridicule, and through partisan archetypes (red vs. blue) Pepsi vs. Cola- Democrat vs. Republican, Yankees vs. Giants, Summer vs. Winter --- Movies, books, these suggestions of Difference are everywhere. Anthropology, which should have been about understanding how we are the same- was used for the opposite, to justify the genocide of Native Americans and the enslavement of mankind in general.

We play into their game, fighting over which soda is better- pepsi or cola: we've forgotten to drink water, even though we are so thirsty, we've given into the suggestion that water is not an option.

Movies like the Matrix, Dark City, Land of the Blind- they all clearly explain how easy it is for self-hypnosis to run rampant. It's a well oiled machine, and we're not only the cogs but we are the fuel.

In the '60s, my parents and many of yours were apart of a special movement. One that is still inside of us, I like to think. Love is not about free sex, it's about breaking away from this Revolution.

When a government is overthrown, it is replaced by what? People. People who in time become the very people they fought and bled against. Why does this cycle continue? Because it's apart of our human condition.

We all suffer from PTSD in some form or another: A person wrought with greed is a person who can never shake the trauma of never having enough. This can be applied in so many different ways.

I'd really like to get a discussion started on this, preferably on ideas of how we can break this circle once and for all.
Thanks for reading.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

From the short film I Pet Goat II --- This symbol on the Jesus character moved me. To me, it meant inverting the Pyramid of Power- removing the Eye and replacing it with the Heart- Instead of power rising to the top, Love flows outwards.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Youtube video - check
Pyramid image - check
Nonsense gibberish - check.

Yep I'm on ATS

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice
Youtube video - check
Pyramid image - check

Yep I'm on ATS

Well it makes the idea of a trickle down effect plausible.

I'm not saying there are 12 families that own the world, but these days, I find the concept easier to believe than bad policy and less than effective use of the world's resources.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Youtube video - check
Pyramid image - check

Yep I'm on ATS

You're clearly too cool for ATS.
Facebook is calling you, run along now.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Youtube video - check
Pyramid image - check

Yep I'm on ATS

Can't prove any of his claims, resorts to ad hominem attack. Nice going champ.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Want to break out of the matrix?

If you'd like to, then watch this.

edit on 3-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

I'm sorry, Four HOURS? "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." To break out of the Matrix? And end up where, exactly, Philadelphia?

And how does my life change if it's the Bilderbergers, the Queen, or the Pope who rules the world? Although, the world never seems to act the way they want it to.

What real difference does this all make? Certainly the cycle described seems to chart the path of civilizations, but that's like saying human nature is human nature.

I'm sorry for the rough language, but I'm fed to the teeth.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Youtube video - check
Pyramid image - check

Yep I'm on ATS

Can't prove any of his claims, resorts to ad hominem attack. Nice going champ.

If you'd like to actually have a civil discussion on my thread topic, I'd be more than welcome, but it seems you'd rather ridicule the subject matter.

There's a lot of points I brought up, if you can't comprehend them then I'll be glad to help you understand.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yep, it doesn't matter if it is the "Illuminati"/ some elite fraternity - people who'd rather subvert a system rather than assist will always be there. Paying attention to the patterns helps one see how easy it is to manipulate entire populations, but I've also started seeing glaring solutions. The main issue is that we as a species aren't able to sustain ourselves. Because we lack clean energy, proper distribution of food & medicine- it's surprisingly easy. Which leads me to, why not? People like Tesla get blackmailed and shot down, while the J.P Morgans of the world bank off of the suffering of others.

An interesting theory is that mankind as a whole is apart of a "transition of power"- one extremely important transition, what we choose will either make us or break us as a species. The old quote "with great power, comes great responsibility" is no doubt the theme of the past 6,000 years. And here we all are, just shoved in the middle of it, while these elites struggle with the drug of power.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Dear ThinkingCap,

I'd like to thank you for your post. I was feeling "crusty" and irritable, and you took it with good grace and patience. Thanks for cutting me some slack. I don't know if we agree or not, but that was a decent thing to do.

You've opened up at least three areas, may I just give the briefest look at them?

Yep, it doesn't matter if it is the "Illuminati"/ some elite fraternity - people who'd rather subvert a system rather than assist will always be there.
That's very possibly true, but I slightly prefer what you mention later in your post:

And here we all are, just shoved in the middle of it, while these elites struggle with the drug of power.
I think they'd like to pretty much rather keep the system they're used to, and get the most personal power from it, then tear it down and build a new one. But you're absolutely correct if by subvert you meant "to turn it from it's proper purpose." I'm not clear about how the rulers are going to want the world to end up.

Paying attention to the patterns helps one see how easy it is to manipulate entire populations, but I've also started seeing glaring solutions.
Don't leave me hanging.
What are the solutions?

The main issue is that we as a species aren't able to sustain ourselves.
This one confuses me a bit. Are you saying that the bankers are taking all of our money and resources and leaving us poor and miserable? If so, how will they get any more money? It seems as though that might be a case of "killing the goose that laid the golden egg."

An interesting theory is that mankind as a whole is apart of a "transition of power"- one extremely important transition, what we choose will either make us or break us as a species.
You were giving me the impression that "The People" had pretty much been robbed of their power. Does it matter what we choose? And what do we have to choose between?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
From what I can tell, humanity has been enslaved since at least Roman times under Nero. One interesting story I read was that some rulers spread fear about possible invasions from the Vikings to keep its subjects under control.

In Battlestar Galactica, there is the phrase "all of this has happened before and it will happen again".

With rumors I've read about possible ancient civilizations that were advanced, I have to wonder if we aren't all locked in some endless cycle that can't be avoided. All I can do is hope that the internet "hive mind" will allow us to gain mass awareness of the untold abuses of those on top of the pyramid and allow us to cast off our chains.

new topics

top topics

join