It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Window of Opportunity Thread" - Analyzing a hoax 4.5 years later.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thelongjourney

Thank you!! I actually laughed at his posts, it's obv someone who hasn't got laid and no life or friends lol..

like really once i read, I'm Obliged to go and answer questions..IP traced him and hes living in his moms basement lol, dudes like 26 haha.

Some "true bloodline" lol. The sad part is Ignorance in people to actually believe it!! So sad, oh yea I get a phoene call once a day telling me "something is about to happen" go back to playing WOW..

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It's always interesting to watch a cult form. The denial of reality is fascinating.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Now now!

Calling people onto the carpet for buying into ludicrous crapola is apparently now "shaming them into silence".

This whole Hidden Hand thing also has a lot of my favorite quote - That the story "rings true". It's all through the original thread. "It rings true." That's psychobabble for, "It's preposterous and obviously bogus but if I click my heels together three times it'll all be real and magic Illuminati genies will confirm what I knew all along - I really am special and oh-so-much smarter than the 99% of the population that can recognize a load of manure when they see it!"

Seriously, if you believe this crap maybe a good dose of shame is what you need instead of being coddled and having your delusions enabled. That's why you stay here in the ATS echo-chamber, where you won't be contradicted.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Calling people on the carpet? I'm sorry. Are you the thought police? Obviously your superior reasoning skills and intellect give you the right to ridicule people for what they think and discuss.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I will most definitely ridicule anyone who believes this garbage.

It would be a sin not to. Enabling delusional thought does no one any good.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
In what ways does this thread venture, as suggested, into the realm of 'analysis'?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

This whole Hidden Hand thing also has a lot of my favorite quote - That the story "rings true". It's all through the original thread. "It rings true." That's psychobabble for, "It's preposterous and obviously bogus but if I click my heels together three times it'll all be real and magic Illuminati genies will confirm what I knew all along - I really am special and oh-so-much smarter than the 99% of the population that can recognize a load of manure when they see it!"
reply to post by jtap66

Please give folks more credit.

Just because I read the HH thread and found parts of it to be true does NOT mean I believe he was a secret messenger from mystical bloodlines with knowledge of all things. I consider myself an intelligent person, and quite capable of deciding for myself what is crap and what is not.

Personally, I come to ATS to read exactly this type of information. I'd guess, based on the flag count with those threads, that others feel the same way. Reading a thread does NOT mean I believe everything presented in that thread.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by inval
Why does there seem to be no grey area with some people. Not everything has to be so black and white.

Sure his predictions were wrong. Does that automatically make every ounce of information in the entire thread completely useless? Of course not.

There are nuggets of truth everywhere. You have to decide FOR YOURSELF if anything being taught to you is worth noting, or worth tossing in the bin.

The very people complaining about how much of a waste of time these threads are, are the same ones keeping them alive years later by making more threads about them.

Let me put it like this. Read a thread, take what information feels right with you, leave the rest and move on.

Sorry if this reply comes off a bit hostile, it was not my intention

In my opinion, wake up!

If someone's message to you is, in large part, defined by alleged foretelling of events and you are the type of person that considers this even a possible reality (because it's not ... there is no evidence that anyone or thing can foretell the future) ... and then they don't happen, there is a conclusion demanding to be made!

To suggest that people are close-minded because they don't consider that some of the other material could possibly be true despite ALL of the predictions failing is to exemplify willful ignorance.

Any leftover information that might be true should very well be obvious information that you could have figured on your own and didn't require the shenanigans of a charlatan in order to ascertain.

This tendency to place more importance on the individual's desire for certain fantasies to be real and valid at the expense of reality is anathema to social progress and a symptom of the real conspiracy.

No offense, inval - this is not personally directed to you. Best regards.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hitler 'resonated' with a lot of people as well.

As someone mentioned, just sprinkle truths in with lies, or even better, peace and love rhetoric, which never fails to pull the heartstrings of certain personality types, and you will never fail to catch some fishes. It's the oldest trick in the book, especially in the New Age community, and any real truth they may offer is nothing you won't be able to learn elsewhere or already knew anyway. It equally amuses and saddens me that these sort of cons have mastered the shellgame at this point and have turned it into an art. An art which seems to be quite profitable. Beautifully written/spoken word salad seems to be an irresistible meal to many.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I never believed much of anything from the hidden hand thread. The only thing I really cared about was how they were able to start a thread with zero previous posts. I never understood that.
edit on 5-6-2013 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Oh, so I can deduce you call Christians on the carpet for the same reason then? Duly noted.

posted on Jun, 11 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I can't tell you how many times I've been bitched at by daffy Christians on this board for that very thing. So, yeah.

Not just Xtians, either. Muslims. Jews. Scientologists. Etc.

It's all crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join