It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Medication--drastic price increases here, or on the way.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Just came back from the pharmacy. Pharmacist friend asked what I thought about the recent price increases on certain medications. I said I had heard there had been a major price increase in Doxycycline (an antibiotic that has been around for 5 decades and is used for many different types of infection) but that I didn't know how much.

He showed me several large bottles from the same distributor and manufacturer. The same bottle that cost him $50.00 14 months ago now cost $1500.00. Similar price increases were there for methotrexate (a very old anti-rheumatoid arthritis drug) and for colchicine (gout). He said there were others, and that he was seeing a few drugs increase drastically each month.

He doesn't know why, neither do I. The media appears to be hiding these facts.

I've got a bad feeling that people outside of Obamacare may not be able to afford their medications within the next year.

What are your opinions on the reasons behind these incredible price increases??

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think they have done that before, when they want to stop people from using one medicine and force the use of a new one, they increase the price of the old and present the new with a much lower price.

Being effective is irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Well as you said, you don't know why, so why assume the worse?

Maybe the ingredients for the product suddenly became scarce or went up in cost. Is this affecting all medications or only a select few?

Without more information we cannot make a determination although that will not stop the conspiracy people from saying this is part of the NWO plot to take over the world while being guided by aliens.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Man I love living in a country where all prescription medication is free, how goods that, the only downside is though, because there is little financial incentive to push drugs on us, it is very difficult to get our hands on quality pain killers. They are never in much rush to give the good stuff away for free.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Doxycycline was a $4 antibiotic at Walmart for a 2 week treatment 6 months ago.
It's now about $60.

It's been around for over 50 years.

It's not hard to make.

Something wicked is up.

Suggest you stock up on your routine meds, if possible.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

I'd say some people will be forced to choose between living expenses, living medicines or even prison where medical care is require to be supplied by law. If it's go to jail or die? It's not a hard thing to be forced to choose.

So much for Affordable Care Act, eh? $50 to $1,500? Thats the difference between a tank of gas and a used car to put it in.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak

I've got a bad feeling that people outside of Obamacare may not be able to afford their medications within the next year.

Does this also mean that the insurance companies will also be paying these exhorbant prices for medicines? Not only would individuals be paying high prices for medicines but the insurance companies as well - enabling the insurance companies to charge even higher premiums to cover those higher expenses. It looks to be a vicious black hole, sucking the life force out of every last middle income person.

new topics

top topics

join