It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internal watchdog finds ‘deplorable’ conditions at EPA warehouse rented for $750,000 a year

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Here's a brief article on a recent EPA IG finding at a large Landover MD, storage facility leased by the EPA, not much detail, but I have found the full IG report (in PDF form) and will provide the link for those interested.

www.washingtonpost.com...

A government agency’s watchdog says a storage warehouse rented by the Environmental Protection Agency in suburban Washington for $750,000 was tainted with rodent feces, mold and other problems.

The EPA inspector general’s report released Monday also found that contract workers charged with protecting the warehouse and its contents were using government-owned exercise equipment and watching television in “hidden personal spaces” outside the range of security cameras.

FULL 17 Page PDF REPORT with series of photos,found here:

www.epa.gov...

Some serious concern from reading the PDF included unsecured government passports, the revelation that the EPA hadn't even visited this facilty, but had a contractor run the operation with apparently zero oversight or accountability..

It appears that the EPA have taken immediate action to resolve the issues exposed in the IG report, but this kind of shows me that while we get some words from our Government, that fiscal responsibility is of utmost concern, events such as this leaves me shaking my head, and wondering if the talk is all lip service.

They should do better when entrusted with funds provided by the US taxpayers.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

The EPA is yet another agency that needs to go.

EPA’s war on property rights.

edit on 3-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Dupe. Please delete.

edit on 3-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I recently saw a report of the CIA using Washington state DMV to gain identification for agents. I would not be shocked if this warehouse was another method of getting various ID papers (and would bet that there are others in the US and abroad).

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I do not understand why the need gold mugs and musical instruments??? Has all of this stuff been confiscated or something? Refrigeration units, televisions, clothing, etc? Why do they have all of that stuff?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

After reading the report...passports, a locked office they couldn't get access to? etc.

Plus...slackers don't set up a massive gym to excercise, they set up dining areas with fridges for beer etc.

This is a CIA/Black OPs staging area. When the CIA wants to set up a fake business in the US or aborad, they need to supply it with the appropriate paraphenalia. Furniture, letterhead, computers etc.

My guess is that the left hand didn't know what the right hand was up to and this report will dissapear soon.

The gym gives it away...warehouse workers scheming to avoid work so they can run on treadmills and lift weights? That was a big gym they had set up.

Just my guess...Plus Maryland location...near CIA.

edit on 5-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join