It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul Blast John McCain For Posing With Syrian Terrorist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Rand Paul Gives his opinion of Arming Rebels in Syria and takes a swipe at John McCain over meeting and taking pictures with known Kidnappers,on his secret Meeting in Syria..

"I'm very worried about getting involved in a new war in Syria," Paul said Saturday night while taking questions at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, Calif. Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is "a bad guy - he is," the Kentucky senator continued, but cited al Qaeda and additional extremist groups "on the other side" as a reason to give the United States pause before engaging militarily.

"They say, 'there are some pro-Western people, and we're going to vet them,'" Paul continued. "Well, apparently we had a senator over there who had his picture taken with some kidnappers, so I don't know how good a job we're doing vetting those who are going to get the arms."

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Syria is a conundrum wrapped in a catch-22.

On one hand you have Assad and his regime. Dictatorial? Despotic? Yes on both accounts. However, his regime posed no real threat to the US or its interests, and by the way stood up for moderate Islam.

On the other hand you have the FSA. They are rebelling against their despotic dictator, but are also funded by fundamentalist Wahhabi Saudis, Al-Queda, and oddly enough, the US. Many of the FSA fighters in Syria aren't even Syrian, but are foreign Muslims fighting for fundamentalist Islam.

Who do you think is better for the US? A dictator who keeps to himself, or yet another middleastern country ruined by fundamentalist and therefore militant Islam? Libya and Egypt are good examples of what happens afterwards. As much as I didn't really like Qaddafi, I recognized he was harmless to us.

Personally, I think McCain really showed his true colors by posing with the FSA. He might as well have posed with the Taliban. He's a shill for an agenda larger than him.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Galvatron

On one hand you have Assad and his regime. Dictatorial? Despotic? Yes on both accounts. However, his regime posed no real threat to the US or its interests, and by the way stood up for moderate Islam.

On the other hand you have the FSA. They are rebelling against their despotic dictator, but are also funded by fundamentalist Wahhabi Saudis, Al-Queda, and oddly enough, the US. Many of the FSA fighters in Syria aren't even Syrian, but are foreign Muslims fighting for fundamentalist Islam.

Who do you think is better for the US? A dictator who keeps to himself, or yet another middleastern country ruined by fundamentalist and therefore militant Islam? Libya and Egypt are good examples of what happens afterwards. As much as I didn't really like Qaddafi, I recognized he was harmless to us.

Personally, I think McCain really showed his true colors by posing with the FSA. He might as well have posed with the Taliban. He's a shill for an agenda larger than him.

You lump the FSA together with the radicals like they are one group. They are not. While they have a common foe in Assad. They do clash on occasion and preparing to after each other once Assad falls. The FSA is mostly Syrian, the Radical are mostly foriegn and On Assads side you have a small group of loyal Syrians but, most of the fighting has been taken over by the Iranians, Lebanese militias and largely Hezbollah. The best hope for the West is the FSA able to take out the radicals when Assad falls. The problem with that is the FSA is not some unified group it is a hodpodge of miltias build around a core of former defected Syrian military. The problem the will have is if they do not remained unified the radicals will be able to beat them. The other problem is all those Iranians, Lebanese and Hezbollah are not going to fight to the death for Assad. When things go south they will head for Lebanon and that is going to create another big headache. Of course the West and Israel would have prefered to have a Syria as it had been, weak and stable but, you do not always get what you want.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by grimghost

This is going to end badly if we listen to lunatics like "bomb bomb bomb Iran" McCain. Didn't we eff up enough lives in Iraq?

You'd think someone who suffered in the Vietnam war would know better but since he's not the one paying any price for more war I guess he just doesn't give a damn.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I fully agree but this isnt about whats good for US from the start. This is a path layed out for us years ago and some people wont be happy if Assad isnt overthrown in this war.

If he isnt he will definately band with Russia more and probably will grow to be Russias Israel. Weaponized to the teeth prepared for the elitists next try.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsup86

I thought he was already sided with Russia. Didn't they have a naval base there and several other military installations? My understanding is that there is a systematic destabilization of Israel's neighbors using the US as a proxy, starting with Iraq. As long as Saudi sells us huge amounts of oil and keeps OPEC in line with the dollar, they won't be a target. I get this weird feeling that Iran was actually in line before Syria so to speak for this kind of thing, but there was no way enough support could be drummed up for it. Syria was initially supposed to be after Iran, but because of the lack of support, they just switched the places on the timetable so progress on the agenda could still be made. Perhaps I'm looking too far into it.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Never thought I'd see this day come but there's a first time for everything I guess? This is the 1st time I've ever said 'I agree with Rand Paul' on something. *shudders*

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Assad is bad. The Syrian 'Rebels' are bad as well. Probably worse.
McCain has no business being there. As far as I'm concerned, he just
lowered himself to John Kerry's level (when Kerry went to France to meet
with the Vietnamese during the Vietnam War.)

Rand Paul blasted McCain? Good for him!!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
McCain really needs to retire and enjoy BBQs with his wife and daughter. Too bad he is part of War Inc. and probably will not retire as long as he can be a voice for them.

I used to have a lot of respect for him and actually despised what President Bush did to him in the 2000 campaign. That has all changed since. He oughta know better but I really don't think he does anymore. After all, he doesn't even know how many homes he has. I bet he has no clue of the price of a gallon of milk either he is so far removed.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Is Assad any worse than Bush was? Worse than Obama? What about Turkey's president, worse than him?

Nope, they're all as bad as each other, so why is Assad being targeted?

Why isn't the USA concerned about Turkey?

BTW, this is not for the feint hearted, but if you go to Best Gore website, you will see that the FSA are terrorist, that torture and kill innocent people, and they are not just some disgruntled Syrians trying to achieve a revolution!

Go check out on there what is REALLY going on! Stuff that the MSM deliberately does not report on.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Very disappointed in McCain. I had so much respect for him when he ran against Bush and Obama. Now he's turned his back on his country to provide support for terrorist rebels in Syria. You'd think a man with his background would know better, but apparently not.

Originally posted by DeeKlassified
Is Assad any worse than Bush was? Worse than Obama? What about Turkey's president, worse than him?

Yes, Assad is much worse than all of them. Please educate yourself on the issues.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
McCain's picture says a lot more than what most of you think.

It says out loud that the US is publicly allied with the rebels and that is a huge nono.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diligence
Never thought I'd see this day come but there's a first time for everything I guess? This is the 1st time I've ever said 'I agree with Rand Paul' on something. *shudders*

|

Do you agree that public servants should protect and defend the Constitution at all costs?

Do you agree the FED and the PENTAGON need to be audited?

Do you agree that our ADVENTUROUS foreign policy needs to be restrained?

Do you agree that our government spends too much on wasteful things?

Do you agree that industrial hemp should be decriminalized and fully utilized in the private sector?

Do any of the above make you, "shudder" ?

I could go on and on.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari
Very disappointed in McCain. I had so much respect for him when he ran against Bush and Obama..

He sold out before running against Obama. He was once the rare "good" politician, but he's everything wrong with the establishment now. Very disappointed doesn't begin to cover it for me.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by DeeKlassified

Yes, Assad is much worse than all of them. Please educate yourself on the issues.

Really? How many countries has Assad invaded? How many foreign nations has he carpet bombed? How many regimes has he toppled using scores of trained, bloodthirsty Islamists? Assad may have treated his own like garbage but at least he doesn't treat the rest of the world like a battle field and a bombing range.

Afganistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Syria, Egypt, Africa, need I go on? Obama and Bush are neck deep in blood.

Perhaps you should educate yourself for a change.

edit on 5-6-2013 by DirtyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Wow...some people on this forum DO know what's going on in Syria...some of u are fricken clueless...this conflict has been going on for over two years....if Assad was such a hated dictator the PEOPLE would have removed him a long time ago...he has total support from the civilians and military. My cousins, aunts and uncles live in Syria and what u see on this Jewish media lie machine is very different than what is truly going on.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Has anyone noticed that the republicans and the democrats are actually joining forces in the US? You've got so many criminal scandals going on - and Christie is hugging obozo? No one can get to the bottom of Fast and Furious? when that is most likely the vehicle that both parties have been using to destabilize Mexico - and fund even more weapaons to the "arab spring"?

The US elites are making WW3 probable - probably to hide the whole financial collapse, made possible by the Fed Reserve, the IMF, and the World Bank.

All of this garbage stinks to high heaven - and hopefully God will have his revenge on the miscreants that are orchestrating this on the lowly peasants in Syria, and the US, and Egypt, and Libya, and the rest of the world.....

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
reply to post by solarstorm

No one can get to the bottom of Fast and Furious? when that is most likely the vehicle that both parties have been using to destabilize Mexico - and fund even more weapaons to the "arab spring"?

Whoa! Hadn't even thought of that, we're so worried about what's coming in from Mexico we hardly think about what's going out. Seems it'd be much easier to ship illegal weapons from Mexico than the U.S. I think you're on to something, the new model of triangular trade: guns to drugs to oil.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
John MCCain is not of sound mind.
He is a perfect representative of the New World Order.
Rand is the man.
We need to stay out of Syria...
LET SYRIANS KILL AQEDA KILL RUSSIANS KILL IRANIANS.........The most evil will prevail.THIS IS ABOUT WHAT EVIL WILL PREVAIL....THE WORST OF THEM.
Johns war hero status was from Vietnam....He rolled over to Obama ion 08.....He is not capable of being the man to lead the American People.Peace through Strength.Ricky Revere...The enemy is already here.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

FYI - Qaddafi

Pan Am Flight 103, also commonly referred to as the Lockerbie bombing, was the bombing of a Pan Am transatlantic flight from Heathrow Airport in London, England to John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York City, United States on Wednesday, 21 December 1988. A Boeing 747–121, named Clipper Maid of the Seas, was destroyed by an explosive device killing all 243 passengers and 16 crew members.[2] Large sections of the plane crashed into Lockerbie, Scotland, killing an additional 11 people on the ground.

In 2003 Gaddafi admitted Libya's responsibility for the Lockerbie bombing and paid compensation to the victims' families though he maintained he never personally gave the order for the attack.[3] During the Libyan civil war in 2011, a former government official contradicted Gaddafi claiming the Libyan leader had personally ordered the bombing

en.wikipedia.org...

As for LIbya and the catch-22...agreed.

I think the Obama Admin et al. have been trying to sit back as best they can, understanding that there might not be any good horses to back in the conflict.

But if the USA doesn't help and the rebels win...we will have zero input and zero weight to put behind the moderates/non-extremists.

If we do help and the rebels win, we can manipulate as best we can who comes to power, how that gov. is set up etc.Skew in favor of friendly gov to the usa and moderate/secular.

If the rebels lose..status qou.

Lots to consider.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join