It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bubble wrap appreciation thread

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hello ATS

Bubble wrap

We all know it

I've spent the last week or so doing quality control at work, checking work we had to send out to subcontractors to make sure it is up to our exacting standards

On Saturday I texted Mrs C (sms) that I reached the mission objective and used 1 Kilometre of bubble wrap to re-wrap the goods I was checking.

She asked me when I lost the urge to pop it? ?My reply ? I lost the will to live at about 600 metres, yet strangely the urge to pop it never went away, just finding new and inventive ways of doing so.

It's like eating a doughnut .............................. you can do it without licking your lips .................... but do you really want to ?

So lets all enjoy bubble wrap.

It's more versatile than you may think

Cody

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I love this # cody! Addicted from my first pop!!

We get loads of this in massive rolls, when the lorry arrives at work I get that # out and roll all the way down the building on it - probably the highlight of the month to be honest lol

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I found out it gives an amazing foot massage

Cody

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
lol i took the one that came with my telescope, the telescope is about 5 feet tall.. wrapped it around myself, ran to the basement, locked the door(so my parents won't think i need mental help), rolled on the hard floor.

i was 23 yrs old! i was excited, if someone was there, they would probably think i was retarded.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

*Pop*......*pop*.........*pop*...*POP* *POP *POP *POP* *POP* *POP*

Oops, no more bubble wrap

edit on 6/3/2013 by Nacirema because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I ship out loads and loads of electronics to my customers - this stuff is a must even in addition to packing peanuts. It's a lot cheaper than those proprietary foam-in-place systems too - they keep jacking up the price on the refills.

Once you've been behind the curtain at a mail sorting facility you'll realize why we love it so - and the popping is just a fringe benefit!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

AHHHHHHHHHHH the beginning

Cody

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Nacirema

U2u me I've got miles of it .

Cody

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
I ship out loads and loads of electronics to my customers - this stuff is a must even in addition to packing peanuts. It's a lot cheaper than those proprietary foam-in-place systems too - they keep jacking up the price on the refills.

Once you've been behind the curtain at a mail sorting facility you'll realize why we love it so - and the popping is just a fringe benefit!

Let's not go there Kyrie

At least not with pictures

Cody

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

How about video?

Cue up to around 2:00

(I'd really like to say this is a big stereotype ... but in my case, it really isn't ...
)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

LOL - how true

I got in my car once with my son and nephew - started the car - put it in reverse and started to back up. The 'noise' that I heard made me slam on the brakes as hard as I could.

Needless to say my son and nephew both burst out laughing as hard as they possibly could.

You want to scare the crap out of someone?

Put a piece of bubble wrap behind one of their tires when you know the only direction they can go is backwards.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

bubble wrap my heart
kinda makes sense

Cody

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Preemptive post. Let's keep this T&C compliant.

Yes I checked. Bubble wrap dresses.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Avoided that

But damn it was tempting

Cody

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Eep! The fuzz!

(j/k ... I promise I'll behave ... *halo*)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I can tell a Cody thread before I even open it. I'm not sure if that's a compliment or an insult...but just give me a thread title and I'll tell you who wrote it!

(I'm spending way too much time on ATS )
edit on 3-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

PLEASE don't pop the bubble wrap! Without bubble wrap, then people will be sending me stuff packed in...AHHHH! STYROFOAM!!!!

I HATE IT!

Even as kid when we went to the beach I couldn't take anything out of the Styrofoam cooler. I'm cringing even as I write this! Though the squeak of things grating against it is maddening enough, but just to touch Styrofoam dries out my mouth and makes my skin crawl.

If bubble wrap goes extinct, I go into the loony bin! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
When I was in sixth grade, I came across some of the GIANT bubble wrap. The individual bubbles were like three inches by three inches. They didn't pop...they exploded.

The next day, in school, was.....epic.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
When I was in sixth grade, I came across some of the GIANT bubble wrap. The individual bubbles were like three inches by three inches. They didn't pop...they exploded.

The next day, in school, was.....epic.

Ah yes the bigger stuff!

Much more explosive :-)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I have to ask. When you order a mile of bubble wrap.. what does it come wrapped in

The anticipation of this vid almost killed me

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join