It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one has mentioned this group

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dxfoiltop
In fact, every Greek lettered organization has a copy of their ritual in the Library of Congress because back during the Communist scare, Congress forced all of the headquarters to submit a copy as evidence that their rituals did not contain anything Communistic. The only one who was exempt was Lambda Chi Alpha because the president at the time was Harry Truman, a LXA, and convinced Congress that there was nothing Communistic in their ritual. Mysteriously enough, every ritual book is always listed as "checked out" when a search is done and there is no record of who checked it out. This could be because the government is full of Greeks trying to protect their secrets.

Not a word of truth to the above. Just about every greek-letter fraternity has a similar myth. KA's claim that J. Edgar Hoover (a K.A.) kept their ritual out.

Truth is...NONE of them are in the LOC

See the following well-done article

sweb.uky.edu...

And this

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
A very convincing site, I shall give it some consideration. However, the part about Sigma Chi doing their ritual mid-party is completely true. Sadly, I don't have a video recording of it or anything like that. Video cameras tend to ruin Delta Chis as you may have heard.

DX Video Tape Article

posted on Jun, 12 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
So I am a sigma chi and was looking around the web to see if our ritual was posted any where. Not going to tell you anything about it. But I will let you know that the geowebsite you posted, has completely inaccurate information. from the way to get into meetings, to the seating, and I really thought the socializing part of the meeting thing was hilarious. Well just thought I would give you a heads up.

Also, not sure about your funneling idea, but I can tell with complete certainty that sort of thing never occured. Then again i could be trying to throw you off the trail.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raventh
I am a Sigma Chi. I know you would love to know what our Ritual is. Honestly, I could tell you every last detail of it and you would think it was cool or interesting. You would never understand the special emotions or honor I feel every time I experience the Ritual. I am sure in your search, you might come across the real Ritual. But as I said, you would never trully understand it.

Someone has a high opinion of themselves,next post try to be a little more condescending. The majority of frat boys that I have met are more interested in Getting loaded and getting laid than enlightenment/esoteric knowledge.I am sure that this is not the case all of the time, but from my experience, I wouldn't expect a college fraternity to hold any real secrets of worth.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by brotherforchrist]

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The Sigma Chi Ritual is not as secret as it's made out to be, I've got a PDF copy. Offer me something and I will send it to you, just U2U me.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dxfoiltop
Lol, here at USF, my Delta Chi brothers and I were at a party with a bunch of Sigma Chis (we're neighbors and get along quite well) and after a couple of drinks, they started performing their ritual right in front of everyone. They taught us their challenge and low and behold, when I went to another chapter, I pretended to be a sigma Chi and it worked. Their ritual is not a secret, and their secrets are neither cool nor secretive. In fact, every Greek lettered organization has a copy of their ritual in the Library of Congress because back during the Communist scare, Congress forced all of the headquarters to submit a copy as evidence that their rituals did not contain anything Communistic. The only one who was exempt was Lambda Chi Alpha because the president at the time was Harry Truman, a LXA, and convinced Congress that there was nothing Communistic in their ritual. Mysteriously enough, every ritual book is always listed as "checked out" when a search is done and there is no record of who checked it out. This could be because the government is full of Greeks trying to protect their secrets.

So Excuse me for finding this a little hard to believe, but being a Sig at U Of WY at the Gamma Xi Chapter, I know that us Sigs do not do our challenge or handshake at ANY party. If so I would like you to tell me what the secret motto(s) are and how many you THINK there are. We have more than one handshake, one is secret one is not, and there is more to it than handshakes and our challenge, there are other things that one must do to be able to prove that they are a Sig to get into a meeting!

To the Black River

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
These sites just kill me. All the people that try to find our ritual; I can promise you that your attempts to do so on the internet will have little success. The geocites website has to be the funniest thing ever. It almost seems to have been designed to be funny to actual brothers who know ritual. Even if you know the ritual, unless you are a brother you will have little comprehension of the significance of many events. Good luck with your search efforts.

Always proud,

IHSV

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The LoC does not have ritual books. They do have pledge manual's but those are public. I have mine from when I pledged sitting on my coffee table. I can say this though I have seen the Sig Chi ritual because at my fraternity (which I will not name) has accumulated over the years basically every IFC frats books and even some sorority books. My fraternity is one of the oldest and apparently considered to be one of the most secretive second only to Delta Psi. We have built up a tradition of stealing other frats rituals. I myself was able to take a Sigma Phi Epsilon ritual and have yet to deliver it to the our IHQ. I can tell you this though. All of the secrets of my frat or Sigma Chi or Delta Psi or whoever are nothing more than an exercise in making ourselves seem more important than they are. Virtually nothing about my fraternity is public. We dont even go by our real letters in public and we don't even have a public motto that anyone could decifer. I could tell you all of the secrets right now though and you would probably be like, "Oh thats it." Once our true name got out on the internet for a bit (it was taken down within 2 hours of being found) along with an annotated description of our initiation and it is a bummer but not the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
do you think sigma chi would let that site stay up and running if it was Legit?? I got a sigma chi friend and after reading that site and the little i have accidently heard I know that it's wrong.

P.S. someone was trying to sell the sigma chi ritual book on ebay..... then all of a sudden the auction went away??? I'm sure they wouldn't have trouble with a Geocities site.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Raventh

In hoc to your response, bro !

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by batman

Well "batman", I would hate to burst your bubble but that is not an accurate site. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the Sigma Chi HQ puts out fake rituals to throw people off? There is a reason that it is the most protected secret in the country, and I can promise you that all your effort is being wasted, you will only come across fakes that you will continue to think are real. The only way you will actually learn the ritual is to be initiated, other than that it is impossible; only one person has seen the ritual that was not a member and that was just after the forming of Sigma Chi... That man was beaten in a church and the ritual was changed shortly after to be made completely secret again. So good luck

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I am a ex sig chi and yes the geo cities site is 100 percent accurate. the ritual and everything is true. most houses even have a secret entrance a secret meeting room in their basement, usually in the attic or fireplace of their houses. they keep many secret items there such as wax crosses that they make during their pledge period among other things. they are a strange group and idk anything a masonic link to them but they are very protective of their secrets

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sigiam

Let me ask you one thing...

How high does the eagle fly?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

lmao! You are right! It is all true! I am a Sigma Chi and everything you see on the net about our ritual is true. Dang the luck, you guys found out all of our secrets! I feel sorry for those of you that have not experienced Sigma Chi initiation. It was/is one of the most truly inspiring and memorable experiences of my life!
JC
Delta Omega 642

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigred1000

TO bigred1000 i you said you have sigma chi's ritual just u2u for a trade well i have PDF's of Kappa Sigma and Sigma Phi Epsilon. But don't have 20 yet so i cant u2u(i joined like 5 minutes ago).

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by donsancho79

I will trade anyone for the ritual of sigma chi PDF's. As stated above i have Kappa Sigma and Sigma Phi Epsilon.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
A Sigma Chi is only a Sigma Chi because of the bonds we share and that bond is our ritual. I am the president of my chapter and I am charged with the security of my ritual. The secrets, signs, grips and passwords are only meaningful when you truly know what they mean. Pledge and if you are found worthy you will be able to place the white cross over your heart and begin the LIFELONG journey that is Sigma Chi brotherhood. The beauty of Sigma Chi is that it is one of the largest and oldest fraternities in the nation and unlike the others, it does not require a membership quota. That alone proves that our bond is something truly special. I had the priviledge of watching our ritual along with 1700+ brothers this past july and every time I witness it, it brings tears to my eyes. The ritual is kept secret for just that reason.

I am a Sigma Chi and

"I am nobodies tool! and that sir, is my answer" Benjamin Piatt Runkle to Whitlaw Reid apon throwing down his DKE badge in protest.

In Hoc Signo Vinces my brothers!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am an ex-sigma chi. I still love and respect the boys but I found out I can not serve two masters. When I sold out to Christ I renounced Sigma Chi. A lot of memories to the Initiation came back and I was shown they are satanic. You know what I'm talking about. I share the secrets of sigma Chi (Just a couple) with people who are thinking about going Greek to stop them but not to try people trying to destroy the fraternity for wrong motives. Also I may someday go back and try to share my revelations and read some relevant scripture in the chapter meetings.

To those of you in Sigma Chi that are Christians who put their full trust in Jesus... you are in bondage by staying in Sigma Chi. Trust me when I tell you that the Lord will reveal the demonic stuff in the ritual and especially the I if you renounce Sigma Chi.

To those of you thinking of rushing that are Christians...this is just like freemasonry..i know the founders were great and high ideals and missionaries and priests... sure.. sigma chi worships ideals and brotherhood...not God.

as to the "Geocities" validity... it's off.. they seem to have some of the basic prinicples right but not really.. if you told me it was another frat's I'd believe it because they are similar. I've searched the web using keywords that are secret and I haven;t seen and 'leak" and I'm not going to provide any.

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am a Sig, and I was wondering how the requirement to believe in a higher power could be seen as satanic. Almost all of my brothers are strong Christians, and I've never seen how having a strong belief in ideals is anti-Christian. Maybe you're right and we need to abolish all ideals altogether. Let's get rid of AA, rape victim support groups, the Red Cross, etc. Ideals must be of the devil. Hmmm, wait, isn't satanism based on a theory that truth is subjective and everyone must decide for themselves what is right? Yes, you are correct that having a solid set of guidelines to conduct ourselves by makes us satanic. Thank you for opening my eyes.

In Hoc Brothers

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I don't think anyone is going to buy that you suddenly found out Sigma Chi was "satanic" and yet your STILL willing to "keep all the secrets" of a society you think is evil. I suspect a frat boy trying to use reverse logic...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join