It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No one has mentioned this group

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Several of my Sigma Chi brothers have already said how you could see the ritual and it wouldn't make sense. In my opinion pledgeship and the bonds of brotherhood are what help us come to a point where when we experience the ritual we fully understand it. I could hand a random stranger the ritual of my fraternity and I guarantee they'd miss the point. We're the best, strongest, and ultimately greatest fraternity.

Oh, and I think it's interesting that other "fraternities" that are for the rich and powerful are supposedly all about getting their people into political and economic positions of power. In my state the mayor of my city (let's just say it's a MAJOR city), city counsel men, county counsel men, the governor, and 3 of the 4 top business owners are Sigma Chis. It's not because they killed people, or are guarding secrets to the Holy Grail or something like I've seen in Masonic conversations. Simply they were good men when they went into the house, better men when they went active, and every day they take what we learn in the Jordan Standard (public knowledge available on sigmachi.org) and apply it to their life. They know they are...
a man of good character,
a student of fair ability (both in college and in life),
with ambitious purposes,
a congenial disposition,
possessed of good morals,
having a high sense of honor,
and a deep sense of personal responsibility.

Everyday I look at the white cross on my ring and know that I have a standard to live up to. When I have a hard time, I just remember that I have people who care about and love me not because I bought their friendship, but because we share a bond. I love my brothers, my ritual, and my fraternity not just for the parties or good times that I have...but because of the love that I have for myself, the fine men young and old that I call my brothers, and the standard by which I now live my life.

I'm damn proud to be a Sigma Chi.

In Hoc...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Okay, I really don't understand all this interest in frats, maybe because my university and city has a history of being ant-frat (yet there is a huge number of masons there and a temple a block from campus)

Really if you want to learn the secrets of a frat, and as it sounds in the case of the Sigs want a template for making yourself become a better person, join up already! Get rushed and get in, and if you don't get in, just relax, you can still be an influental and well moraled person through hard work, ambition, knowing the self and determination.

Bottom line: The frat does not make you powerful or moral or more knowing, you do that yourself. Even the best connected person in the world would fail if they lacked determination and ambition.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

[edit on 11/6/2004 by The Astral City]

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   
In Hoc my brothers....as for those searching for our Ritual, good luck. its been said on here that it's one of the tightest guarded secrets out there. i guess that might be true, ive heard it said that it was right behind easter island once. but whatever...i think some of you "truth seekers" have seen the skulls one to many times...why would u want to know our Ritual anyway? like theyve all said it would make no sense to you. the fact that our ritual is kept secret [and from my recolection is the ONLY thing we keep secret as Sigma Chi] is to bind initiated brothers into a life long committment. you hear the pikes on this board talking about how the USED to be pikes, but the posts from my brothers ive read all start they ARE Sigma Chi's. That's brother hood my friends...a little off the topic but whatever...my question is if youve found on the so called website our ritual and youve never seen our ritual, how do you know it is our ritual? anyways i havent seen anything on the internet that is our ritual, and i have seen our ritual. i guess maybe i havent looked hard enough, or maybe i did...lol anyways the sure way to find out our ritual is to go to college, rush, pledge, become a brother...good luck and In Hoc

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I understand your point, my friend. As a mason, I am continually surprised by those folks that seem to want to know our ritual and our secrets, without passing through them or having any proven merit... simply monkey curiousity is not enough of a justification (sorry mirthful) or justification for prodding to receive that which you are not entitled to have...

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If one wants t understand the role of fraternities on US campuses, simply read your history books. Fraternities evolved from the realities of campus life in the early years of this country. Colleges involved for most a complete move for a young student, who would most likely not return home for the length of the their course of study, due to the academic calendar and the difficulties of transportation. Colleges had many drinking clubs which came from the British model. Fraternities provided a more stable environment to develop the social side of education, to teach young rubes business and social etiquette, develop a support structure in a far more rigorous educational environment than today with a heavy emphasis on classics, to teach teamwork and leadership in a time when there were fewer places to do so.

I am a PKA. Like many fraternities, it was started as a small club of friends in a southern college during reconstruction, a horrendous time few historians outside the south portray in its reality. During this time there was a huge interest in mysticism and such (look at the books of the time, from Bronte, Poe, others), and many fraternities incorporate these into their ritual, although I will not comment on the ritual of my fraternity.

Sororities developed for many of the same reasons at a time when few women went to college, and they developed to provide group support, etiquette, and social graces to find a husband of note. (Remember the culture of the day, not a comment on the role today)

The simularities between fraternities and masonry are coincidental. Many of the founders of these organizations were of english and scottish descent, and probably had some familiarity with masonry.

Today, most fraternities serve as purely social organizations which are too expensive for most students to participate in, thus attracting the financially elite of a public university. I have found chapters within an organization or usually pretty diverse, in that on one campus a particular fraternity may be the big house on campus, on another all religion majors, on another mostly a dope coop.

posted on Nov, 17 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blanketgirl

Originally posted by ssamuels420
The society is not secret, and neither are our ideals, principles, and goals in life. The only thing that we maintain in secrecy is the unifying factor of our ritual. Any true Sigma Chi would maintain the same stance.

I'm just curious, I understand that a ritual can't ever really be understood by an outsider anyways (this applies to MOST rituals in life right down to buttering bread) but what are your ideas, principles and goals?

I am not asking so I can pick on anyone or give someone a hard time, I really just like to know things.

Our ideals? Well, the purpose of our fraternity is to maintain and cultivate the high ideals of friendship, justice, and learning upon which Sigma Chi was founded. We live our lives striving for these ideals everyday. The principles are those of integrity, courage, ambition, and honor. If you really want to know about Sigma Chi, try to find a copy of The Norman Sheild at n old bookstore or buy one off of EBAY.

The thing is that today everyone is so "Anti-fraternity' that I could sit here until I am blue in the face [or in this case sore in the fingers] talking about how much Sigma Chi has given, the ways it has made me live my life diferent, the indescribable feeling I get when I am with my brothers, but you just wouldn't quite get it. Your probably reading this thinking yeah Sigma Chi is just like any of the others, Sig Ep, Phi Delts, PIKES, TEKES, even DEKES are all the same right. Wrong. The difference is we as Sigma Chi's strive to attain the ideals which we preech. Why do you think our fraternity rush and pledge process is harder and more selective than 90 percent of other fraternities? I see Sig Ep's with a pledge class of 30+ guys where I am from right now. It's about quality not quantity. Anyway's on the first paragraph was in response to you, I just wanted to cear some misunderstandings up.

IN HOC

posted on Nov, 19 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I have to say I am amused by this thread, and this site. It seems to be rather than anti-ignorance, it's a more what can we link to Freemasonry now.

Every person who is trying to reveal something has presumed there information is correct and no one elses is.

The majority of posts have the argument of "I heard", "I read, but can't find the book" what a load of tosh.

You can find every ritual out there if you want to believe what you read, there are over a 1000 different masonic initiation rituals on the web, how are you gonna know which one is the right one. The fact that in all fraternal institutions rituals were also passed by oral means and only written in the last decade, if that, no one written ritual is gonna be a definitive version.

You will find masonic reference linked to many other fraternities, but just because you read the word freemasonry on the same page doesn't mean freemasonry controls, runs or has even heard of it. Freemasonry is one of the, if not the oldest fraternal organisation around, and many groups use it as a base for there own, or only accept masons because of the loyalty you know is already there.

If you truly want to know what goes on in any organisation, join it, then you can stop posting propoganda slander, or at least start having a pop at organisations that actually do intend bad things for your country and the rest of the world.

[edit on 19/11/2004 by Bondi]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:02 AM
link   
[edit on 12/6/2004 by cotwom]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Sigma Chi's ritual is not "cool" or "interesting" AT ALL. I wont expose the secret but I'll tell you this much. After "i week" which is basically a week of hell, the pledges are let in on the secret of ritual. Every pledge (except for the dorks who have never had friends until frat life) thinks ritual is VERY disappointing. In the moment it seems meanful, only because during I week, you are deprived of sleep, food, and comfort, and the sense of accomplishment is more powerful than usual. That is the secret behind hazing and I week. Everything seems meaningful when you work your ass off to get it, no matter how stupid it may be. Heres another fraternity secret exposed. There are two groups of people who join fraternities.
1) the people who had lots of friends in highschool
2) the people who had NO friends in highschool

Now imagine this: Your a dork in highschool and your accepted into a fratenity(by the way almost everyone is accepted that wont give the frat a bad name because every frats goal is to have the biggest, most popular fraternity.) ok so the dork is in the frat... suddenly he has lots of fake friends, bullexcrement responsibilites like pledge treasurer, and finally something to do on a friday night. So OF COURSE the frat is now soo meaningful and enlightning. The "cool guys" in highschool love the extra attention from the ladies but are 1st drop out. You'll notice anyone with a life is embarassed to wear huge letters across their chest that scream "look at me, i have fake friends now"

I have been out of the frat scene for a few years now and to be honest, I was caught up in the hype at first. Now it is just plain embarassing to say i was in a fraternity. Gosh fraternity are such bullexcrement. Ok so all the people who I was brainwashed into thinking were gonna be my friends for life are mostly people I would pretend I didnt see if I saw them again. Everyone I know that was in a frat says the exact same thing.

In conclusion remember this: If you see a somone wearing huge frat letters it is guaranteed that they are complete nerds thinking that girls will like them because they are in a fraternity. And ritual is a load of garbage. Do you honestly think that a bunch of stupid 18 year olds holds the secret to success and friendship? Cmon'! Ritual is the same load of bs fed to you during pledging wrapped up in pretty box with a bow on it. I have talked to sig's that have actually forgot ritual after just a few years. Hum.. what does that say about that? but hell, frats maybe complete bullexcrement on the ritual side but at least they throw parties and you can pretend that everyone around you is your friend. Oh by the way, if you do plan to join a frat ie sigma chi. Be ready to fork over some major cash to stay in. Get this, you have to pay money to sit in a meeting once a week. wait... shouldnt they pay you for that? But at least when you pay the money you and you buddies are allowed to give eachother a gay little "pinky finger locking" handshake. Frats are good for one thing and one thing only. Parties and abiliy to pretend that your so popular that you just make 100 new friends. To all you stupid dork losers, join up. youll have the time of you life, before you crash back to loser land.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
gosh you such a homosexual person. you just repeated every line of crap that is fed to a pledge. Open you mind, think for yourself. It is soo damn obvious how much of a loser and a follower you were in highschool. I was a sig, no lifelong here. i bet your the guy everyone is pressuring to hold some position becuase they know your such a dedicated dork that you will take on the responsibility free of charge. This is why i hate sigma chi. they always let in wonderful people likes you.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Would it be correct to presume that the vast majority of these organisations are little more than self-interest groups?

Where are the 'good works' and evidence of men of ethics and courage, to emerge from such groups?

Where is the evidence that members of such groups devote their lives to making the world a 'better place' ?

In what professions do members of such groups earn their living: law, politics, used-car lots, civil/public service, medicine ?

Were those who handed Bush the Presidency of the USA members of such groups?

Were those who perpetrated the 9/11 massacre members of such groups?

Are those currently politically active or compliant in the US invasions into other nations, members of such groups?

Are those responsible for the ongoing destruction of US society, members of such groups?

Are those contractors who're profiting from the destruction and rebuilding of Iraq (in whatever capacity) members of such groups?

Are those who're profiting from spying on US society, members of such groups?

WHERE is the evidence that thousands of ethical, 'I serve my fellowman to the best of my ability', men are being turned out by such groups?

Or do such groups merely promise current and potential members that they will be provided 'advantage' in the future, when it comes to dodging litigation, parking and speeding fines and job selection, etc. Self-interest or socially responsible ?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by BuddhaCession
I might go to this book store today that has a Freemasonry section. I remember seeing a book that's about Masonic controlled Greek fraternities. I'll let you know If I find it.

ONE

Kool, let us know what you find.

According to the masons they are as innocent as apple pie sitting in a window to cool...

It is good that frats are being talked about as the recruiting grounds for this secret society superiority clan that runs the world.

Great topic

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Don't hold your breath, if you look at the date/times you'll notice he posted it nearly 3 years ago and hasn't been on for nearly 3 years either.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
sigma chi are a bunch of ninnies who were too soft for deke, upset about the class poet position.

ITB,

Brother Beta

[Mod Edit: Offensive content removed - Jak]

[edit on 1/5/06 by JAK]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeaBass
Surprised you people have found out nothing yet. I already know EVERYTHING about this group. What's your excuse.

You started the thread, mate.

If you already know everything, then how come:

a. Your initial post was only 3 lines long?
b. You're bugging US for info?

Yeesh...

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well im a greek, Kappa Delta Phi. And the Chis are making a good point ceremonies and initiations really are pointless if you havent been throught the pledge process. Also for those who are attacking fraternitys, open your eyes. Fraternitys are as different as the people in them, there are good, bad, and otherwise. As far as it all being a load of crap, you need to evaluate your statements. Lets see what your biases are, why are you no longer a Chi? and dont just tell me you decided you didnt want to any more, thats not a real reason. Not all brothers will get along always but the bond between you is just like that of siblings. Fraternitys teach brotherhood, that is the most general connection. Whats wrong with brotherhood? O, and what good do we do? Well at Bridgewater State College most of the community service from the campus comes from the Greeks.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
sigma chi are a bunch of ninnies who were too soft for deke, upset about the class poet position.

Actually, we were against giving an unqualified Deke a position strictly on the basis of brotherhood.

As far as being too soft for DKE...it was Whitelaw Reid who left the battlefield early, not Ben Runkle.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
damn straight,

whatever the truth to the story, after all it was a long-ass time ago, the message ought to be pretty clear. a sig, no- any man of good character will never try to force his brother to do something that is against his principles. the subject of the split wasn't as big a deal as the immoral insistence of the dekes, and the one-sided effort of the soon-to-be sigs to repair the rift.

and these stories are 'fed' to pledges because we want a fraternity governed by fairness and decency, instead of some drinking club.

and just because sigma chi is based on virtue, doesn't mean we can't have fun launching mortars over the phi-mu house at 3 in the morning. we invented battleship beirut after all. we can have our tidy little virtue and STILL run with the craziest parties known to man.

posted on Sep, 28 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Would it be correct to presume that the vast majority of these organisations are little more than self-interest groups?

In the same vein that any group could be called such.

Where are the 'good works' and evidence of men of ethics and courage, to emerge from such groups?

A few Sigs for you:
Matthew Eversmann, hero of the Somalia crisis
John Huntsman, founder of Huntsman Cancer Institute
William DeVries, first surgeon to implant the artificial heart
Maurice Britt, Medal of Honor recipient, World War II
David Jones, Distinguished Flying Cross recipient for Doolittle Raid

Where is the evidence that members of such groups devote their lives to making the world a 'better place'?

47% of Sigma Chi's membership served in the Civil War.

In what professions do members of such groups earn their living: law, politics, used-car lots, civil/public service, medicine ?

Think I covered that, actually.

Were those who handed Bush the Presidency of the USA members of such groups?

As idiotic a question as I consider this, I'll answer it: no Sig was on the Supreme Court in 2000.

Were those who perpetrated the 9/11 massacre members of such groups?

Of course a group of Middle Eastern Muslim extremists went to American colleges and wore the White Cross on their chests.

Are those currently politically active or compliant in the US invasions into other nations, members of such groups?

Pick any group and you'll find it's represented in government.

Are those responsible for the ongoing destruction of US society, members of such groups?

I think people who ask irrational questions to hear themselves talk are America's biggest problem, but that's just my opinion.

Are those who're profiting from spying on US society, members of such groups?

Is anyone profiting?

WHERE is the evidence that thousands of ethical, 'I serve my fellowman to the best of my ability', men are being turned out by such groups?

A few questions back.

[edit on 28-9-2006 by ASigIAm213]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Lol, here at USF, my Delta Chi brothers and I were at a party with a bunch of Sigma Chis (we're neighbors and get along quite well) and after a couple of drinks, they started performing their ritual right in front of everyone. They taught us their challenge and low and behold, when I went to another chapter, I pretended to be a sigma Chi and it worked. Their ritual is not a secret, and their secrets are neither cool nor secretive. In fact, every Greek lettered organization has a copy of their ritual in the Library of Congress because back during the Communist scare, Congress forced all of the headquarters to submit a copy as evidence that their rituals did not contain anything Communistic. The only one who was exempt was Lambda Chi Alpha because the president at the time was Harry Truman, a LXA, and convinced Congress that there was nothing Communistic in their ritual. Mysteriously enough, every ritual book is always listed as "checked out" when a search is done and there is no record of who checked it out. This could be because the government is full of Greeks trying to protect their secrets.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join